League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Shots Fired: Portland Responds

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Shots Fired: Portland Responds

Post by Jestor »

Spurs/Blazers Rivalry Brewing
Franz Wagner freut sich sehr uber das Sprach dem San Antonio

While he was waiting for the trade sending him to Portland to be processed, #8 overall pick Franz Wagner laughed upon hearing the dustup between the Blazers and Spurs front offices.

"Er ist blau, nein?" said Wagner of the Spurs GM, suggesting Billy was heavily intoxicated.

In the Portland front offices, the same laughter appeared, only louder. "He thinks Portland is in Utah - I don't know, Billy... how are things going in Utah? Why don't you ask Ocons?" came Blazers GM Jestor's retort.

Ja Morant - also waiting for his trade-related flight out - snorted, "Man better put some respect on my name. Calling me an average starter? Yeah, he must be drunk. But he's so drunk, he's got offers all over the place, yanking and pulling like he's a damn fluffer. Miss me with that disrespect to the players in this league."

Nor was the Blazers front office done.

"Spurs had all that money, rich as hell... and what do they do with that cap space? Go shopping in the run-down antique store, picking up the Marcus Smart, Michael G-French, and Julius Randle that the meth-smoking store owner bought off Wish. No disrespect to those guys, but Marcus ain't an MVP anymore, and Julius hasn't shot .500 in like five years. Mickey Francais is a defender and that's pretty much it. There's a reason dude has moved from team to team.

They could have gotten like, an actual defender center. I mean hell, Damian Jones is out there - he rebounds, he defends, and he's old like the Spurs like 'em. Way better for ZDK than Myles "Discount Starter" Turner. I mean, sure, maybe San Antonio can make the playoffs next season, but come on, man... you out here running around with a half-baked plan. At least Washington out here price driving everybody, and Cleveland - whether you like Anfernee Simmons or not, grabbed a young dude along with Jabari Parker. Hell, even Chicago is shot-gunning dudes with their less than max space to try and get someone who fits for them.

Spurs trying to glow up from 23 wins to Treadmill Team Toronto this season."

Asked if there was any franchise he didn't want to bring in to the trash-talking feud that now has drawn in multiple other teams, the GM shrugged.

"You never know - maybe this is like a paintball episode of Community where it's everyone for himself and we all go in on each other. It's the offseason - y'all need stories to print and drama sells clicks."

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Re: Shots Fired: Portland Responds

Post by blackice »

Jestor wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:49 am
Franz Wagner freut sich sehr uber das Sprach dem San Antonio

While he was waiting for the trade sending him to Portland to be processed, #8 overall pick Franz Wagner laughed upon hearing the dustup between the Blazers and Spurs front offices.

"Er ist blau, nein?" said Wagner of the Spurs GM, suggesting Billy was heavily intoxicated.

In the Portland front offices, the same laughter appeared, only louder. "He thinks Portland is in Utah - I don't know, Billy... how are things going in Utah? Why don't you ask Ocons?" came Blazers GM Jestor's retort.

Ja Morant - also waiting for his trade-related flight out - snorted, "Man better put some respect on my name. Calling me an average starter? Yeah, he must be drunk. But he's so drunk, he's got offers all over the place, yanking and pulling like he's a damn fluffer. Miss me with that disrespect to the players in this league."

Nor was the Blazers front office done.

"Spurs had all that money, rich as hell... and what do they do with that cap space? Go shopping in the run-down antique store, picking up the Marcus Smart, Michael G-French, and Julius Randle that the meth-smoking store owner bought off Wish. No disrespect to those guys, but Marcus ain't an MVP anymore, and Julius hasn't shot .500 in like five years. Mickey Francais is a defender and that's pretty much it. There's a reason dude has moved from team to team.

They could have gotten like, an actual defender center. I mean hell, Damian Jones is out there - he rebounds, he defends, and he's old like the Spurs like 'em. Way better for ZDK than Myles "Discount Starter" Turner. I mean, sure, maybe San Antonio can make the playoffs next season, but come on, man... you out here running around with a half-baked plan. At least Washington out here price driving everybody, and Cleveland - whether you like Anfernee Simmons or not, grabbed a young dude along with Jabari Parker. Hell, even Chicago is shot-gunning dudes with their less than max space to try and get someone who fits for them.

Spurs trying to glow up from 23 wins to Treadmill Team Toronto this season."

Asked if there was any franchise he didn't want to bring in to the trash-talking feud that now has drawn in multiple other teams, the GM shrugged.

"You never know - maybe this is like a paintball episode of Community where it's everyone for himself and we all go in on each other. It's the offseason - y'all need stories to print and drama sells clicks."
Not sure what your issue with my team is and I didn't rise to the bait in my insider article...and I won't here. I'm happy with my team, I'm happy you are with yours and like to see you engaged and active. I'm proud we made the playoffs last season in a truly brutal division and if we're considered a "treadmill team" so be it - but I haven't heard that label in regards to my team before. I also don't think you realize how bad our bench as last season but I'm not here to debate you, we didn't inherit the best situation and should make progress incrementally (goal is to make the second round) like we have been. If tanking for lotto picks every year and having a 5 year plan to eventual relevancy works better for you, do you.
Ball is Life.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

wonder where is ocons ?could be a three way rivarly ??? everyone getting caught in the crossfire lol

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

N/M. Just saw you're not here to debate me, so I won't post my analysis

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Lmao, this is hilarious, looks like a new rivalry brewing!
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

what? why did I get roped into this? lol. If you're hoping for a thesis in response - you've got the wrong student! :lol: :lol:
Clown.Show.League

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Ocons wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:19 pm what? why did I get roped into this? lol. If you're hoping for a thesis in response - you've got the wrong student! :lol: :lol:
Blame Billy for introducing Utah first lol

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Like a fluffer was just plain savage!

Haha I love it! Just imagine if they were in the same Division!

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Jestor wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:54 pm
Ocons wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:19 pm what? why did I get roped into this? lol. If you're hoping for a thesis in response - you've got the wrong student! :lol: :lol:
Blame Billy for introducing Utah first lol
Utah was a typo from the Windhorst transcript
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Might only be me, but I prefer being a round 1 team over recording 20 wins every year and being 2 years away from being 2 years away from being a playoff team. Toronto is in a years better position than Portland. Team ain’t bad.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028