League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Some prospects for WIlly to consider at 3 and 5

Write updates about your team or the league here.
andrei
Chairman of the Board

Some prospects for WIlly to consider at 3 and 5

Post by andrei »

While we are enjoying the weirdest playoffs in CSL history, some of us still have some scouts to earn.

WillyJakkz, the GM of the Orlando Magic, is probably actively looking for some random name generator app to sell his picks for pretty much nothing before the draft. Perhaps, instead he could have a look at the below and consider making his team a bit better next year, by adding some quality talent. WE will review 5 prospects who we think are the top players in the draft, we cannot say who will be drafted when, but by reviewing 5, we guarantee that some of these will be available at 3rd and 5th spot for the Orlando Magic to draft.

1) Anthony Edwards - SG

Edwards is coming in as a pretty much guaranteed future star in CSL. He is already a talented scorer who will be very active on the offensive end - plus he has plenty of potential to develop. He will, perhaps not be a Luka type of aggressor, but definitly has potential to put up 20+ per game. On top of scoring, Edwards, has elite Handling - even elite for CSL point guards. He will drive to the basket at will in CSL and you'll need an elite man-to-man defender to steal the ball from Anthony. in terms of efficiency, Edwards has potential to be a solid inside finisher. He can also make it from mid-range and should develop a solid three-point shot from both Corner and ATB. Defensively, Edwards is already very good and may develop into Elite. He comes in as a player who can be top 10 in steals and his man-to-man defense is coming along nicely. Overall, we are looking at a solid prospect with very few weaknesses (if any at all).

2) LaMelo Ball - PG

Ball is fairly similar player to his older brother who led the Sixers to an amazing playoff run this year - with a few key differences. Both are elite point guards who will absolutely command and control your offense. 'Melo's Handling is not elite though and pretty average for a PG. He also struggles as a man-to-man defender and we have some question marks about his Discipline. However, Ball Jr offers something fairly unique for a CSL PG - elite rebounding. Only Sacramento's Jalen Adams can boast similar rebounding ability as LaMelo. Ball also has impressive ability to pressure the basketball from Day 1 and his IQ is projected to be elite. He will also be pretty good at finishing inside with contact. His perimeter game is ok'ish especially from the corner and that elite FT shooting ability will come in handy as he'll get to the line quite a bit in his career. Overall, LaMelo is possibly the top PG in the class and comes in as a unique player to the league.

3) Isaac Okoro - SF

We really like Okoro - young man is a future CSL stud for sure. Dude is a dunking machine who is looking to put your top shot-blocker on the poster every time. His Handling is solid (though not spectacular) so he'll be looking to drive regularly and elevate for a poster jam. As a result, his efficiency inside is very good, possibly elite. He also adds a solid shot from the corner and can knock them down even from ATB. Okoro is young though and needs some time to develop. He is not a bad defensive player already but will be better in time. His Passing is also something that needs to improve, he does not get involved in the offense as much as we would like - yet. The good news is that he will get there in time. Isaac is perhaps a prospect that is a bit behind in terms of being ready to come in and contribute straight away, but he has potential to become a special player in this league - both offensively and defensively.

4) Zaccheus Darko-Kelly - SG

ZDK is an interesting prospect. He is already 24 and well developed. ZDK will be a one trick pony in CSL, but man, we can't wait to see that trick in action. What's the trick? ZDK is an amazing scorer. Like the team that drafts him will have the next Porter and Luka level scorer. But ZDK may even have a slight edge over the two CSL legends. Not only is he an ultra-aggressive scorer, but he offers phenomenal efficiency also. ZDK is very good inside, Elite mid-range, Elite Corner, Elite Free throws and well above average ATB. We feel dude will put up 30 his rookie season. He'll need some work on his locations i.e. his Corner is fairly low. But once that's fixed his 30 may turn info efficient 40. His overall game? He is a decent offensive rebounder and he'll draw contact regularly. His discipline is pretty good and he has some decent Handling potential. Everything else is fairly poor.

5) Tyrese Haliburton - PG

Rounding out the top 5 is Haliburton who is one of the more efficient shooters to ever come into CSL. We mentioned above that ZDK has Elite efficiency, well, Tyrese is Elite among the Elites. Have a look at these numbers that he is guaranteed to produce - 50%+ inside, 50%+ mid-range, 40%+ from downtown, 85%+ free throws. Though Tyrese will not be putting up phenomenal scoring numbers, he is a prospect that you can rely on 100% to deliver every time he steps on the court. He also offers elite discipline and elite IQ. His defense is slightly above average right now but should improve in time. He is pretty good rebounder for a PG. Only real question mark is his Handling which is ok but not at a level we'd like from a full-time starter in CSL - that will come in time though, or his Coach may decide to move him to SG - he certainly has the size for that. Overall, Tyrese is not as flashy as the rest of the prospects. He is more of a player that will be steady and reliable in all aspects of the game. If he improves his defense and handling a bit, he could very well be that Max level player in CSL even without being a 20ppg scorer.

There you have it Willy. Some prospects for you to consider with your two top 5 picks. #make Orlandogreat(again?)
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Re: Some prospects for WIlly to consider at 3 and 5

Post by Flaming Homer »

I really may have to scout ZDK some more it seems.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Approved

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

1 out of 5 isn't bad

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Jestor wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:30 pm 1 out of 5 isn't bad
Tell me about it. According to the comments in the draft that ZDK seems to be the truth! I'm happy with my draft this yr I really like it.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

WillyJakkz wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:11 pm
Tell me about it. According to the comments in the draft that ZDK seems to be the truth! I'm happy with my draft this yr I really like it.
Just curious. And this could probably be asked of anyone.

But is there ever a draft you havent liked? I feel like you have been fans of everyone you have selected despite if the league narrative has said otherwise
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Watch out. Brett picking up the fights Andrew left behind
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Legit question. I for one still like every single player I drafted and almost all player I had on the team during my few seasons with the Hawks.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

I am actually trying to think of any first round pick that I've made where I was just like "I absolutely do not like this player". Obviously, PJ Hairston comes to mind but he still had solid ratings. That was before I really understood the engine and the power of the SCR rating.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Rizzo wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:36 am I am actually trying to think of any first round pick that I've made where I was just like "I absolutely do not like this player". Obviously, PJ Hairston comes to mind but he still had solid ratings. That was before I really understood the engine and the power of the SCR rating.
Which power of the score rating? You are so DDS3
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

OneNole wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:36 pm
WillyJakkz wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:11 pm
Just curious. And this could probably be asked of anyone.

But is there ever a draft you havent liked? I feel like you have been fans of everyone you have selected despite if the league narrative has said otherwise
What exactly do you mean? I haven't drafted for yrs. Last drafts I was in I drafted DeVonte Graham Udoke Azubuike and Marquese Chriss prior to that who all played very well and or above projections and ratings. Is that what you mean by League narrative?

I've never drafted a player that was a POS player where the League said hey that's one POS player you took.

And this draft I got Ball Kuminga Wagner but I guess because I passed on ZDK because I wasn't aware of him or because I turned down every possible trade scenario you came up with for picks you feel my draft was a POS. To each their own.

For you to state is there ever a draft I haven't liked when it's common knowledge the entire League knows I haven't scouted in seasons and traded 1st Rd picks shows this was a pretty ridiculous question but your question is now answered?

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams