League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Pelicans Have Trade Lined-Up For "Missing Piece"

NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

Pelicans Have Trade Lined-Up For "Missing Piece"

Post by NanashiWake »

At a quick glance over the standings, one wouldn't think that the Pelicans have many flaws, if any. GM Sun Scorched must see something that many don't cause word around the cooler is that New Orleans have agreed to send multiple players to an unknown team for what he's calling the "missing piece".
People aren't anticipating a drastic change to this roster, however if this CSL season have proved anything, it's that GMs like to shake things up. Initial word is that G Lou Williams is the big piece leaving New Orleans. Will be interesting to see how they replace his fearlessness to attack the basket and being able to finish once he gets to the rim.
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: Pelicans Have Trade Lined-Up For "Missing Piece"

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I just love Williams' impact on this team. He'd be one of the pieces I wouldn't move, putting almost 19 a game with 4 assists, getting to the line and shooting at very good percentage. Yes he isn't an amazing defender by ratings and there are issues in NOP that needs improvement like shooting but Lou isn't the problem.
I suppose a real good player is coming back, cause otherwise I see no reason to trade. But I'm confident SS will find something good.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Yeah if Lou is moving, then it could be a step in the wrong direction depending on the piece coming back.

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

Well, I don't think the Pelicans are trading Lou Wiliams without getting some type of scoring in return, so I don't feel a 39-9 team is taking a step back by trading him. Also there's a certain individual named Anthony Davis who I doubt will let that team take a step back.

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

emplep7 wrote:Yeah if Lou is moving, then it could be a step in the wrong direction depending on the piece coming back.
Lou has done everything and then some, in terms of what we have asked of him. He generates points by the boatload and scores at a high PPSA, something we value. But he scores most of those efficient points inside, and we need someone who can shoot filling that role, since we lack an exterior scoring threat.

That's what this trade is meant to accomplish. That, and Lou's relatively poor consistency, something that could present problems in pivotal playoff bouts.