League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Memphis / Heat Discussing LeBron Deal

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Re: Memphis / Heat Discussing LeBron Deal

Post by Dennis »

No doubt, but Durant will still be young enough to get another max when his 4year contract is over.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

dapralbe
Senior Vice President

Post by dapralbe »

Lebron will play in atlanta. He knows that with horford, teague ,Dapralbe and tomjanovic will do a dinasty.. He will sign a contract that 3 and 4 year player option if he hasn't a title.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

dapralbe wrote:Lebron will play in atlanta. He knows that with horford, teague ,Dapralbe and tomjanovic will do a dinasty.. He will sign a contract that 3 and 4 year player option if he hasn't a title.
Well, seems you are not the only one.. Denver has a max, SAC and Phoenix have and NO too I believe. If I would have to name teams that are likely to be able to praise KD or Lebron away, than its NO or PHX given they are young and have insane records for their players age.

CSL Champions Image 2028

dapralbe
Senior Vice President

Post by dapralbe »

Dennis wrote:
dapralbe wrote:Lebron will play in atlanta. He knows that with horford, teague ,Dapralbe and tomjanovic will do a dinasty.. He will sign a contract that 3 and 4 year player option if he hasn't a title.
Well, seems you are not the only one.. Denver has a max, SAC and Phoenix have and NO too I believe. If I would have to name teams that are likely to be able to praise KD or Lebron away, than its NO or PHX given they are young and have insane records for their players age.
Ok but the haven't experience wining the tiyles and playing finals....

dapralbe
Senior Vice President

Post by dapralbe »

Denver yes but they have batum and mcgee resigns.

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

Dennis wrote:
NO is probably the best fit : Cotton / White / James / Davis / Jordan -> That would be insane
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

Plus they are currently #1 in the West and I expect a deep run in Playoffs from them this year
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

@Chili: Yeah thats insane. Drafting Cotton and White was unbelievable good work. By far the best draft Ive ever seen by a GM. When they have been drafted I didnt even have them on my shortlist for the first round and they are just surefire top10 picks (IMO). So getting them late and cheap made it possible for the Pelicans to throw out two max deals.

@Daniel: could easily change. This season both can make the finals.

CSL Champions Image 2028

dapralbe
Senior Vice President

Post by dapralbe »

Yes all can sucess.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

New Orleans be favourites with already developed Davis and DeAndre. Suns are young, 3-3 in last 6 though so be interesting to see if they keep up the pace.

Crazy NO just smashed PHX too. Points for and against usually say a bit and PHX about 5-6, NO crazy at 15-16.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Still hating that we lost in NO by two :D..

CSL Champions Image 2028

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Dennis wrote:Still hating that we lost in NO by two :D..
You guys have a much better team than it initially looks like you would - sans Paul - which is impressive. I definitely think the top three teams in the east are Boston, Chicago and Miami (if only because of LeBron). So it's more than likely you're in the hunt for ECF - when do you get Paul back?

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Sun Scorched wrote:
Dennis wrote:Still hating that we lost in NO by two :D..
You guys have a much better team than it initially looks like you would - sans Paul - which is impressive. I definitely think the top three teams in the east are Boston, Chicago and Miami (if only because of LeBron). So it's more than likely you're in the hunt for ECF - when do you get Paul back?
And of course I just realized I left DET and ORL off that list, but both - I think - will have some difficulty come playoff time.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

At this point in their careers, LeBron and Durant (more so LeBron) should care about one thing and one thing only...winning. We will see how free agency plays out, but I have a feeling the GMs only looking at those with cap space now will be susprised how many teams go after those guys in the off-season when its time.

For now though, this years playoffs will be VERY important if you are trying to make a pitch. A championship would look very good for many of these teams.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

LeBron has no loyalty but very high Greed, Play for Winner and Playing Time. Miami offers him MAX 5 year deal there is no way he is leaving.

8 greed - check - MAX offer significantly more than anybody else. I mean way way more than anybody else
9 Play for Winner - check - with a GM MIA is a very strong team. Ould turn into a contender with a decent signing or two - they essentially had no GM this past offseason
9 Playing Time - check - 40 mpg as of right now

No way he is leaving...

With that being said Big AL is currently better than LeBron at more of less every statistical category whether basic or advanced. Just wanted to highlight
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

A world of difference between "could turn into a contender with a signing or two" with an aging core and "already a contender" with a young core.

I think he goes to New Orleans or Phoenix in the end.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Poor agent, lol. Thats so much pressure on him haha. At least 5-6 teams will get disappointed..

CSL Champions Image 2028

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Here's the problem I have with the whole "a 5th year locks him up" argument.

It essentially means there is no risk to a player like LeBron leaving - and that's clearly not realistic. To be sure, that 5th year is very valuable - it will definitely be a reason for LeBron to consider staying - but it won't be the deciding factor. Not a chance.

Further - in alternate reality CSL - LeBron will have been with the Heat for, what, 3 seasons? Without a championship (or even a deep playoff run, irrc) to show for it. An aging roster with little way of improving it without breaking up value. If PFW is that high, it almost has to outweigh a 5th year.

But LeBron will be unique in that the 5th year will be more valuable to him than to Durant. I think Dennis pointed it out, but LeBron may not receive another max contract after this one is over.

Durant surely will, so the length of his next contract is less important.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Sun Scorched wrote:Here's the problem I have with the whole "a 5th year locks him up" argument.

It essentially means there is no risk to a player like LeBron leaving - and that's clearly not realistic. To be sure, that 5th year is very valuable - it will definitely be a reason for LeBron to consider staying - but it won't be the deciding factor. Not a chance.

Further - in alternate reality CSL - LeBron will have been with the Heat for, what, 3 seasons? Without a championship (or even a deep playoff run, irrc) to show for it. An aging roster with little way of improving it without breaking up value. If PFW is that high, it almost has to outweigh a 5th year.

But LeBron will be unique in that the 5th year will be more valuable to him than to Durant. I think Dennis pointed it out, but LeBron may not receive another max contract after this one is over.

Durant surely will, so the length of his next contract is less important.
I believe thats a good summary. Nothing is impossible but a 5th year for LeBron makes it way more difficult compared to someone like KD.

CSL Champions Image 2028

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Miami is a winner, but like stated above, their core is old and there isn't much of a bright future (similar to the real Heat). IMO, LeBron is highly likely to go somewhere else to get more championships. If I was him and I could choose between Boston (I really hope this doesn't happen) or Miami, I would pack my bags in a heart beat, but we'll see what happens. Its going to be an interesting off-season for sure...