League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Spurs Off-Season Update

wms02a
CEO

Spurs Off-Season Update

Post by wms02a »

San Antonio: With the majority of the key FA's signing contracts over the last 24 hours, it is believed the Spurs will pivot their off-season strategy to fill out the roster this season and maintain cap flexibility next off-season. With the changes to the max contracts, the front office is projecting more high caliber players to be available during free agency due to team beginning to feel the pinch of the hard cap.
Spurs GM, Billy Smith wrote:We want to add great players to this team, but we are also looking at 2 - 3 years from now to ensure we can be in a position to build versus retract or regroup. We are happy for all the players who have signed so far this off-season and are being patient to find the right player at the right cost.
The team is already beginning to set their eyes upon Lonzo Ball and Brian Bowen of the 76ers, a team who looks to be in a similar position as this year's Rockets and Jazz. Currently the two players this upcoming season will command a combined $19.8MM in salary. Next season, it is believed that both players will command a max which will account for over $34MM in salary year 1, +$14MM in salary for the same two players.

It is widely know the 76ers are shopping Kennard and Crabbe who make a combined $20MM over the next two seasons, but with the current change in cap space availability, the question is whether or not they can find a home to free up space for next off-season.
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: Spurs Off-Season Update

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I’m just not worried

I have a deal in place to open up so much cap space I could have positive cap room next offseason lol

Good luck targeting players that will return :)

I did my diligence and traded lots of talent for cap space just to keep the starting unit and they’ll stay here for another 5 years at least.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

And Crabbe is already gone, freeing up an extra 11M in cap next season.

I can keep Kennard and max Lonzo, Bowen AND Wagner if he opts out and still be several millions away from HC. Then Kennard expires in time to extend Louzada.

Good luck with the plan though. You have a year to find another FAs because this one isn’t happening :D
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Yeah I staggered my contracts too. Payne is gonna open up cap space for me again when I decline his TO and get me a nice quality role players slot. The 15mil max slots are bargains now and 76ers should be ok
Cleveland Cavaliers