League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Trade Moratorium for new GMs

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Trade Moratorium for new GMs

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Hey all,

I was thinking about that idea for quite long time, since there's always a time for a GM to affirm himself and show he's compromised with his team for the long run.

So, why not creating an small trade moratorium for every new GM? Can be a timeline, can be a small number of minimum articles wrote (no GM who's not compromised with his team will lose time to write some articles)..

It would prevent a GM from coming, doing some ill advised trades and leave the team shortly after, making the team much less attractive for new GMs.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Re: Trade Moratorium for new GMs

Post by Jestor »

I've never liked this rule in leagues that implement it. While it saves teams from bad GMs, it pisses off the good GMs and prevents them from even applying.

Jake0890
General Manager

Post by Jake0890 »

Seems like a blanket way to prevent bad new GMs that hurts the actual good ones. I'd rather just stick with the admins being able to veto trades that ruin teams.
Washington Wizards
2013-2014: 56-26
2014-2015: 1-1

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

I was thinking about this earlier and thought that any new GM would have their trade reviewed by a panel of their peers. We could then have them write a quick analysis of the trade and any changes they would make. The new GM could then take that feedback and either accept their deal as originally discussed or negotiate further to amend it.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

New unknown GM's only? You don't want known ones subjected to this.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Dont like a Moratorium. If we are all offering fair trades it works (example my trade with Phoenix, believe it was fair and greenbear just joined - not saying Im an Angel, did the same with guys like what happened to tkap, for example offering the oCSL Memphis GM Wallace for capspace). Still I believe something like a mentor would be great. I know greenbear had other offers on the table for dragic and I tried to explain him all pieces he would receive/send in those possible trades (without trying to influence his decision as its his team). Believe something like that would be good for new joiners. Here my call would again be jamal. Dont believe admins should be Mentors and others like Marcos, me, Jake etc are active but too unexpirienced. Jamal has the Perfect character and Knowledge for it. Others that could fit that role are Tim or Jeff.
Just my 2 Cents. But Marcos is right. Before someone Destroys a team and makes it way more unattractive we should implement something like that.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028