League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

CSL Tonite! Nickels 'n Dimes

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

CSL Tonite! Nickels 'n Dimes

Post by WillyJakkz »

Hello CSL fans, I'm Cindy Cindy. Welcome our special guest Stephen A Smith filling in for Smitty as he breaks down the happenings in the League dubbed "Nickels 'n Dimes."

Thank you for having me Mindy, I mean Cindy... The lovely and vivrant Cindy Cindy I may add and I'm callin' this Nickels 'n Dimes cause I'm a point out how the small or little stuff can add up for better or worse so let's go...

I'm a start in the Eastern Conference or should I say in the "Leastern Conference" cause dem boys just ain't got a chance when talking about the Elite teams in the West but I'm a give them their due... Detroit... Ricky Rubio the boy can't shoot to save his life and he better be glad he's got a BALLER like KEMBA WALKER and the other Detroit Pistons to make him look somewhat like a basketball player or else he'd be in trouble... Chicago, I look for them guys to steamroll through the East this year and they look like the only team to challenge the West... Boston is playing well but nobody cares about them... Orlando look Paul George is my dude and it's about time they got dat boy some help but they aren't a serious threat so why spend time even talkin' about them in that sense... Greg Monroe, "Moose" is putting up 30pts and 10+ rebs a game and yet they look like a joke... LeBron...where ya at man, show up!..Tired of you takin' a backseat but it may be too late for this man who hasn't even sniffed a CSL Finals appearance yet... That's a damn shame... Atlanta is playing superb but I don't expect it to last, Kawhi Leonard and Toronto... Andre Drummond where y'all at??? People had big expectations of them going into the season and they're falling flat right now... Philly and Jabari Parker they are playing pretty well and he's shown he can score but now play some damn defense and if he can do that I expect them to make a little noise... Any other team is of no consequence as far as I'm concerned...

Now the West...the "Bestern Conference"... Houston is off to yet another great start as they look to defend their title with Thad Young back in the mix and I expect those guys to go out there and eclipse 70 wins this season provided James Harden can stay healthy so I don't see why not but I'm tellin' y'all right now...Sacramento and Phoenix...dem boys comin' for y'all... Dem, dem boys is COMIN'!!! Elfrid Payton, Otto Porter, Richard Solomon, Jusuf Nookik...ahh ahhh ah Nurkic is ready! The Eric Bledsoe's... The Andrew Wiggins are COM-ING! Anthony Davis and dem boys...COM-ING... The rest of the West, Melo and Dwight Howard in Los Angeles have all that talent but I don't see them being serious and it's a travesty that they won't see the Finals in their careers but it is what it is, they'll go down as failures unless they do something about it... Denver is surprisin' folks as well as Portland but that's about it... Memphis has a stellar backcourt, KD is doing his thing with the Spurs, the Lakers look improved somewhat, Minnesota with CP3 and Al Jefferson are fantastic but they're old and the rest of the West can go and kick rocks as far as I'm concerned cause they don't stand a chance... There it is... Nickels 'n Dimes...
Last edited by WillyJakkz on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: CSL Tonite! Nickels 'n Dimes

Post by KW »

Oh no, Stephen A thinks we're going to win 70 games? That means we'll win 40 and miss the playoffs. WHAT DID WE DO TO DESERVE THIS

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Haha, I could practically hear Steven A. saying his entire quote. Spot on. Well done there, Willy.

The East is still Detroit's to lose. They may have come up short in the finals the past few years, but they've steamrolled through the East.
70 wins is going to be very tough for the Rockets. They have a chance, but they'd have to get lucky in terms of winning some close games and staying pretty healthy all year.
Sacramento was already on the doorstep last year. This year will be no different. Houston will have their hands full for sure.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Haha a very funny article Willy, really enjoyed it! As you know I love trashtalk and this was a great way to trashtalk while being pretty much spot on (for the major part of the long quote).:)
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

Only team winning 70 this year is Portland (in my Skip Bayless voice).

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

Haha, nice read! :lol: Good job! ;)

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

East will be known as the Beastern conference this year.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Haha good article and I did the same thing as Doug and read this in Stephen A's voice. The Rube Cube is coming for him now though.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

I read it in SAS's voice as well, haha.

Really good points here and I agree, Melo/Howard have to prove themselves this year and I think (hope) they do.
Ball is Life.