League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Shams Charania: Clippers Mulling Front Office Change

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Dylan
Senior Vice President

Shams Charania: Clippers Mulling Front Office Change

Post by Dylan »

According to sources close to the situation, I’m told the Clippers are strongly considering a change in their front office. After a hugely disappointing season, filled with expectations put on the team primarily by their fans and GM himself, the Clippers are said to be considering a change at GM.

Dylan took over the Clippers 5 seasons ago and spearheaded the Clippers surprising run to the 2nd round of the playoffs last season. After acquiring all-star guide Isaiah Cousins from the Kings and center Marvin Bagley from the Lakers, the Clippers saw themselves climb out of the league’s basement and turn into a strong playoff team in 2027.

After the success of the 2027 season, the Clippers traded for future hall-of-famer Anthony Davis and believed they had what it took to make a run in the Western Conference. Those expectations weren’t even close to being met, as the Clippers stumbled out of the gate and never recovered. They dealt away Davis near the trade deadline to help replace some depth, but the changes didn’t help. They finished the season 34-38, the 9th worst record in the league.

With the failed season and a losing record in all but one of the seasons since Dylan took over, the Clippers are strongly weighing their options on who the best man to lead the team going forward is. While sources close to Dylan have told me that he has not been informed of any changes at this time, there is a significant chance the Clippers clean house by the end of the CSL Finals this season.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: Shams Charania: Clippers Mulling Front Office Change

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Is this for real or is this only to generate buzz?
I really hope you don’t go!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Would be really disappointed if you left. That would be 3 quality GM's gone over a single season. Yet another integral part of the league.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

yeah that would be a tough loss for the league, hopefully Clippers ownership doesn't fire you