League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Caruso Over Harrison?

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
thecoolestjedi
General Manager

Caruso Over Harrison?

Post by thecoolestjedi »

Over the course of the Phoenix Suns season; there has been a debate among the fans and even the announcers of games. That debate is over who should be the starting Point Guard for the Suns and who is surplus to requirements. These two men happen to be Alex Caruso and Shaquille Harrison who have proven themselves to be part of a winning and well oiled, Phoenix machine, but the debate remains. There is a segment of fans who believe Caruso is wasted as a backup when he performs better than Harrison on most nights and some fans who believe Caruso's bench role helps the team perform better.

Through the season Alex Caruso is providing in 22.6 Minutes Per Game, 13.7 points Per Game, 2.2 Assists Per Game, 2.0 Rebounds Per Game, 0.6 Steals Per Game. Caruso's shooting splits happen to be .454% from the field, .882% from the free throw line and .417% from three.

Meanwhile; Shaquille Harrison in 28.3 Minutes Per Game is averaging, 11.4 Points Per Game, 4.7 Assists Per Game, 3.6 Rebounds Per Game, 1.7 Steals Per Game. With shooting splits of .381% from the field, .674% from the Free Throw line and .279% from three. Did we mention Harrison is on $13,668,750 for this season and only climbing until the 2031 Season.
Phoenix Suns GM
Season recap: 2030-31: 36-46

"Fall Seven Times, Get Up Eight"

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: Caruso Over Harrison?

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Shaq for defensive purposes. Caruso is doing a great job off the bench!!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

You're nuts if you're actually considering starting Caruso over Shaq

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

GreenBear wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:13 am You're nuts if you're actually considering starting Caruso over Shaq
Yeah listen to the man that assembled the roster

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:32 am Shaq for defensive purposes. Caruso is doing a great job off the bench!!

this

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I think the way Caruso plays he is a perfect 6th man. And I also would keep it this way.
I don't think he can be an above average PG as starter and you need that if you want to make a deep playoff run.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

I'd say try it for 5-10 games and see. How Shaq performs off the bench is equally important
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

andrei wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:47 pm I'd say try it for 5-10 games and see. How Shaq performs off the bench is equally important
Andrei is only saying this so he can get separation in the conference
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

OneNole wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:37 pm
andrei wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:47 pm I'd say try it for 5-10 games and see. How Shaq performs off the bench is equally important
Andrei is only saying this so he can get separation in the conference
I would go a step further and just straight up bench harrison for a few games and see how the team does. PHX has diminishing returns on defense and a lot of room for improvement on offense. I wouldnt be surprised if it worked.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I like Taylor as a super sixth man, if you've got to pick one of Harrison/Taylor to come off the bench and split up the non shooters in the backcourt. Something about the score first archetype that can only kind of defend, makes more sense as the microwave 6th man. Harrison is the definition of a tone setter on defense, a good ball handler, and I like that in the starting 5.

Does the game differentiate between the two roles? I have no idea, but I am operating under the assumption that it might, starting the first 4-6 minutes with Livingston (my version of Harrison) and 3&D guys on the wings and bringing Monk as the sixth man where he spends a little more time away from Towns and Livingston, allowing him to get more touches. He's playing full starter minutes and closing the game. He won't be in the running for 6th man, he'll play way too many minutes.

Maybe Caruso needs to start for Phoenix to have extra shooting. But I wouldn't let Harrison or Taylor lose a second of playing time.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

I'd move Ingles to the bench before either of Taylor or Shaq. Ingles is having just as much of a down year shooting as Shaq, but at least Shaq does so many other things well. If Ingles isn't hitting shots, he's near worthless.

Honestly, the fact that the Suns are 22-10 despite 2 starters having really down shooting years thus far is something to build on and tweak, not blow up. Because unless they both inexplicably continue to shoot 8% below their career averages, they should heat up at some point. And if that happens, the team would reach another level.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

GreenBear wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:13 am You're nuts if you're actually considering starting Caruso over Shaq
Co-signed

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Approved for scouting