League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Out with the Old

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Out with the Old

Post by Andrewu91 »

In with the New York Knicks ..

Going into the off season, you may wonder, what would we do? Stand pat? Make major trades? Tweak the roster?

Well, we did a little more than tweak the roster. The first trade was moving future star Markelle Fultz for a 28 1st round pick, from the Pelicans, in addition with Malik Pope and Seth Curry. Pope brings defense and a spot guy to fill in, Incase of injury, and Seth can shoot like Steph, but not as good.

The next move(s) was re-signing Terrance Ferguson. Going into the off season, we expected to pay 10 million (max) for him. He honestly is not worth more than that. He is a great 3/D player, but those players don't deserve max contracts. I was hoping for 8 million but instead was bombarded with 13.6 million. No way was I going to give up a first and let him walk. We matched of course. He is crucial to our success.

After matching the offer for Ferguson, it made sense to trim the fat and let go of salary, to make up the difference in salary for Ferguson. Unfortunately, that has not happened. Yet..

Next up was Allen Crabbe. Basically after the 3 team deal that gave the Blazers both Little and Nunn for Ingles, they instead choose overpaid Holiday and some three point shooter with no defense. So New Orleans and I worked out a trade. Fyi, patience is a virtue.

Anyway, Crabbe received the 10 million I wish Ferguson went for. Both are similar players. Except Crabbe is elite above the break, while Ferguson is above average in the corner, and elite above the break from three. What does that say? Will one come off the bench?!

After those moves, we filled in the roster with vets who can fill in for injury.

In addition, we only have committed 50 million in salaries for the next Free Agency, when JJJ becomes restricted.

Lost: some 2nd round bust, Nassir Little, Steph Curry, Markelle Fultz

Acquired: Allen Crabbe, Seth Curry, Malik Pope, Steven Adams, Kevin Love, 2028 Pelicans 1st

With the new additions and the potential from Zion William and company, we are hoping to get past the 1st round this year. After taking the eventual champion Miami Heat to 7 games, we feel like we are THE team that has multiple eyes on them, this upcoming season.

So what are other Gm's opinions, expectations for the new look Knicks?!?!

CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Re: Out with the Old

Post by Andrewu91 »

Thanks man

Nothing comes easy. I was given the core which isn't easy, or appreciated. But I've shown, even if my team had the worst record, I can win it all 2 seasons later. I am the type, when someone doubts me, I make sure they recognize me.

Knicks will be here for a long time.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I would call the moves fine tune. The big question is the development of Zion and JJJ.
GDP is what he is and the 3 together had Miami on the brink.
It could be enough to take the East this time but other teams improved too.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Flaming Homer wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:43 pm I would call the moves fine tune. The big question is the development of Zion and JJJ.
GDP is what he is and the 3 together had Miami on the brink.
It could be enough to take the East this time but other teams improved too.
Yeah sort of like a tune up, with added turbo on a car. Added another shooter and let young guys improve a little