League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

DeRozan: McDermott A Prissy Princess

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Jestor
Chairman of the Board

DeRozan: McDermott A Prissy Princess

Post by Jestor »

Lakers Star Enjoying Free Agency, Derides McDermott Again
DeMar DeRozan is enjoying his summer of free agency

He may have broken the hearts of Lakers' fans everywhere when he opted out of free agency, but leading scorer DeMar DeRozan is relaxing in this summer's white hot free agency period, chilling on the beach in the City of Angels and letting his agent work out the details of his new contract - whether it's one that keeps him in purple and gold, or sees him playing elsewhere next season. "Thing is, I see a lot of money getting spent this summer," DeRozan said. "Money that probably won't be out there next year, so I'm like, why not go out and get mine now while the getting is good?" He also suggested that a return to the Lakers is a strong possibility, and that both sides are discussing a multi-year deal that will see him earn a pay increase on the 9.5 million a season of his previous deal.

But where the conversation took an interesting turn was when Doug McDermott's name came up. DeRozan laughed uproariously when the infamous sexting scandal came up in an interview (details of which can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=2191 .

"Man, he just had to go and deny I sent him that picture. Dude is so soft and so white, it's ridiculous. I mean, for real, he makes my boy Jimmer (Fredette) look like Lance (Stephenson). No offense Jimm, nothing but love, but dude knows he's white as hell, too. And I hear all this shit about people talking, saying that the Lakers need dude back. And I'm like on what? Have you even *seen* what he did in summer league? Boy trying to talk like he's this hot shot scorer, and his candy ass is shooting is averaging, what, 11 points, against a bunch of young buck scrubs. 11 damned points. Oh, and he talks shit about how he's this amazing shooter. What'd he shoot, like, 40%?" (Edit. Note: 46.7%, 44% from 3 point range, but that was largely influenced by a 7/8, 5/5 showing in Orlando's final summer league game. Outside of that game , his numbers were 37.8% and 30% from 3 point range).

"But it's worse than his Jello ass defense and overrated game. I wasn't here when dude was, but my boys tell me he acted just like a basic white girl. Drinking those pumpkin spice lattes, tramping around in Uggs in winter sayin they all comfortable and shit, talking about how he thought Marilyn Monroe was the prettiest chick he'd ever seen, and how Drake is the best rapper of all time - silly shit like that. Dude ain't even a dude. He's a prissy princess who doesn't even belong in this league. And people talking like the Lakers need him back. Man, get out of there with that mess."

Questioned just how he knows so much about basic white girl culture, DeRozan grinned.

"Because I fucked so many of them back at USC. The fuck you think man? This one girl I smashed a few times, she was like always watching or quoting that Mean Girls movie, and after a while I'm just like fine, I'll play along with this ish. I'd be like, 'Girl you can't make fetch happen, but you bet your sweet ass DeRoco is gonna happen. And then it'd happen like 10 times and shit, and she'd be all screaming, 'You go, DeMar DeRoco!" And I'd be like that's what's up. Go on and be obsessed with me and shit. Then she took that obsession shit seriously, so I had to break up with her. White girls, man. White girls."

After spending another 20 minutes giving an extended seminar on the many weak points of McDermott's defensive game, the highlights of which included, "He's so weak, that Korean guy (Edit. Note: Jong-Hyun Lee) could drop 50 on him," and, "The next time he legit steals a ball in a game, and not that fluke ass flappy hand shit he gets lucky with, I'll wear a damn UCLA hat at a press conference", DeRozan had one final parting shot for the player so many want back in the Staples Center:

Last edited by Jestor on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

Re: DeRozan: McDermott A Prissy Princess

Post by NanashiWake »

Lol Damn! DeRozen straight up roasting him. I'm loving the direction this rivalry is taking.
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

It didn't work out for DD the last time he popped off at the mouth.

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

No room for bitchmade douchebags on our championship roster. Glad we didn't take title to DeRozan.

Hate this kind of attitude.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Haha very entertaining read.

Looking forward to Willy/McDermott's response.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Sun Scorched wrote:No room for bitchmade douchebags on our championship roster. Glad we didn't take title to DeRozan.

u mad bro?

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

Jestor trying to degrade Demar's image to keep him for a low price? :D
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Haha this is a pretty classic article. Fake personalities aside, DD is a good player who proved he could be a primary option for a team. I do like McDermott though and woulnd't mind having him as my 6th man.

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Chilikonkarne wrote:Jestor trying to degrade Demar's image to keep him for a low price? :D
These articles can be a powerful tool
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I'd say McDermott has a better role on a contender as a scorer and shooter, while DeRozan just shoots at a high volume but doesn't provide the spacing. Neither could defend my grandmother on the perimeter anyway. Looks like DeRozan is DePrissyPrincess.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

DeRozan actually had a pretty strong PA/SF ratio, and his DS %, while meh, destroyed McDermott.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

And McDermott can't score worth shit.

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

Jestor wrote:And McDermott can't score worth shit.
He got 62 is SCR against 71 for Derozan. He is a decent scorer for sure.

I will still go with Derozan but since he cannot shoot the 3, it limits his usage if he is not around elite shooters.
It is why he was starting from the bench in Toronto.
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

In theory, he's a decent scorer. When you look at the actual stats (which I give far greater weight to than ratings), he isn't at all, and greatly underperforms relative his rating and shooting numbers.

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Jestor wrote:
Sun Scorched wrote:No room for bitchmade douchebags on our championship roster. Glad we didn't take title to DeRozan.

u mad bro?
No - part of the reason why I gave him away was that I didn't want anyone taking shots away from Davis. That strategy obviously worked. So not mad, no. Haha.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Sun Scorched wrote:
Jestor wrote:

u mad bro?
No - part of the reason why I gave him away was that I didn't want anyone taking shots away from Davis. That strategy obviously worked. So not mad, no. Haha.
The reason Lopez left.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Dennis wrote:
Sun Scorched wrote:
Jestor wrote:
u mad bro?
The reason Lopez left.
Yeah - Jefferson easily trumps in that scenario. So you plan to play him at PF next to McGee at C, or the reverse?

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I reckon that's the same reason Howard exploded after he left Houston. He was struggling to get touches here. Same reason why Howard/Cousins was an epic disaster.

Al is way better than Lopez, so no contest here. Javale doesn't use a ton of touches and scores/rebounds/defends effectively.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

McDermott > DeRozan and after his 2nd hissy-fit I would declare DeMar winner of the princess award.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Jaboo
General Manager

Post by Jaboo »

Demarr is solid and he would be elite if he could shoot. McDermott well is arguably more of an overrated player, probably gives up more players than he scores.