League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Brian Shaw: NuggOlesk is banned from the team until I say so

Write updates about your team or the league here.
NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Brian Shaw: NuggOlesk is banned from the team until I say so

Post by NuggOlesk »

I want to thank NuggOlesk and Denver Nuggets for bringing me back, but NuggOlesk is banned from the team until the first game of the season.
By signing me NuggOlesk gave me intern GM powers.
He understood that he wasn't here when I and Blake won the Title, and maybe...
I really don't care! He was shopping Blake and I was too mad, gave him a call, and told if he will bring me back I will help him.
I have been talking to Blake almost every day, he was very worried when the last GM split, my contract was over, and the league went with another coach. Season was bad, and then NuggOlesk came to Denver, Blake was really exited, but at the same time hated the new coach. Some trades and injuries Blake didn't know what to do, and then the last games injure to him. Blake called me and told that he even is willing to go away from Denver, Portland was a real chance, like I understood, but the trade didn't happen, and I told Blake to work hard, and keep his mind in Denver. I hated to see Blake sad, we just had a wonderful season a year ago, it is strange how time can change in short time.
So we met with NuggOlesk and I gave him 2 ultimatums:
1) I will oversee all summer GM obligations
2) He can not join the team until the first game, when we will hope to see him cheering us on!

He was OK with that, so he made me intern GM. That means there will be no trades until start of the season (only the 2 small trades that are pending, bringing in 2 second round picks). I will oversee FA signings and then start the season as a team, no more changes!
Blake Griffin is here to stay (I know that NuggOlesk is doing everything in his power to mend his relationship with Blake and make him the happiest player in the NBA, they are on a world tour right now, just two of them, hoping to find that trust again). So he is away because mending relationship with Blake is the most important thing for him, and I want the team to get to know each other a little better, without NuggOlesk being around. Media is still very active on Blake trade rumors so him being away is best for us.

I am here to make Denver a championship city again!
I already feel that Blake alone can take us to PlayOffs!
And that with pieces we have and pieces we can sign this summer. I think that is important that players can feel safe here, and they will with me being here! We are trying to build something special again and that needs teamwork and trust in the hole organisation.

NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

Re: Brian Shaw: NuggOlesk is banned from the team until I sa

Post by NanashiWake »

NuggOlesk heading to Hawaii for summer vacation. Smart move on his part. Lol
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

NanashiWake wrote:NuggOlesk heading to Hawaii for summer vacation. Smart move on his part. Lol
Haha
Good article!
Wise decision to keep BG in Denver. I wanted him, but it didn't make any sense to trade him now.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

BG and PG are the only players so far, who won a title on their own. Therefore, it just doesn't make sense to trade him. It's still sad to see that two very active GMs like dapralbe, Iker and Bern left the league because they made this type of mistake by giving up Horford, George and Durant.
If BG ever gets traded, than it should be for a Real star like KD. No reason to trade him for less.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

NuggOlesk wrote: I already feel that Blake alone can take us to PlayOffs!
This.
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Never ever trade Blake dude - he is so good and very young still
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

I want some Blake vs Davis post-season battles - let's make it happen!

StOfTheStep
Senior Vice President

Post by StOfTheStep »

Dennis wrote:BG and PG are the only players so far, who won a title on their own. Therefore, it just doesn't make sense to trade him. It's still sad to see that two very active GMs like dapralbe, Iker and Bern left the league because they made this type of mistake by giving up Horford, George and Durant.
If BG ever gets traded, than it should be for a Real star like KD. No reason to trade him for less.
+1. I agree. It might get a little tedious hoarding a star on your roster, but I think it's harder (and in some ways more rewarding) to play favorite than underdog while building a team around a superstar and managing the cap.