League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Raptors moved on to second round

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Chilikonkarne
CEO

Raptors moved on to second round

Post by Chilikonkarne »

“I have been criticized a yearlong because my %, but people forgot that I am a winner and a leader, a player able to step up when it counts!”
Vengeful, Walker proved everyone he was among the best at his position by helping the Raptors to win Game 7 in the Boston garden.
After a difficult start of the series (8TO the first game and 6-23 the second night), Kemba gradually increases his level to finish with 40pts, 13-23, 8ast, 7rbd, 3stl during the ultimate game 7.
“A night to remember!”

commented GM Chilikonkarne on his Point Guard performance.

But if Kemba is definitely the man of the series with a cumulated 24.0pts at 40%, 7.0ast, 5.1rbd a game, he was not the only good Canadian player.

Enes Kanter justified his contract once more after a really solid season. During the 7 games, he literally took advantage of Brook Lopez with 18.4pts, 61%, 8.4rbd and 1.1blk well assisted by Serge Ibaka (13.7pts, 58%, 7.7rbd, 2.1blk).
The 2 inside players and the zone played during the series are the real reasons of Toronto victory.
“Everyone talks about Ray and Kemba, but take out Enes and Serge, and we would be home after 4 games!”
Clarified Toronto GM

Kawhi Leonard did his best but played most the games injured. His statistics were average (14.3pts, 45%, 7.7rbd) but count on him to be ready against the Bulls, now that he is fully healthy.

Finally, the probably most hyped player of the series, Ray McCallum.
Promoted starter in order to limit Dragic, Ray McCallum had few really interesting games. Dragic scoring 0pts in game 2 and 6pts in game 4 are the proof.
However, it seems a lot of people over evaluated McCallum performance. His statistics are correct but far from being brilliant : 5.2pts, 36%3.9ast, 2.7rbd in 28 minutes with 69%STP and 0.8PA/SF.
“In my opinion, Goran was not playing at the level he should. Yes, Ray McCallum had a solid series but Goran is an all-star and should have eaten Ray alive. Dennis will have some thinking to do this offseason regarding Dragic, is he the guy he really wants to build around?”
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: Raptors moved on to second round

Post by KW »

Love seeing Kemba balling like that. His FG% is putrid but he makes up for it with terrific all-around play. He'll be key in the next round.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Tough win against BOS and similar challenge awaits with Chicago - good luck man
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

Post by NanashiWake »

Looks like Kemba was mad! Lol I like what he's doing out there. Great job getting past the tough Celtics, but next round going to be even tougher imo.
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Dragic is a stud, he isnt the problem. We lost our most important player if it comes to zones. The re-sim lost us the series. With McCollum in the lineup I think we would have won it. Would you have zoned us with CJ in the lineup he would have averaged 20+ on very good 3 point shooting. But yeah we will re tool and Dragic might get moved. We received like 5-6 offers so far.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028