League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Phoenix Suns A Season Ahead

Write updates about your team or the league here.
thecoolestjedi
General Manager

Phoenix Suns A Season Ahead

Post by thecoolestjedi »

The Phoenix Suns have arrived in the CSL's 2028-2029 Season with some high expectations, while not the dynasty of the older days with the exit of known stars, Harrison and Taylor; the Suns don a new identity with superstar Small Forward, Jayson Tatum.
Jayson Tatum arriving to the Phoenix Suns practice after a post season filled with much regrets

Tatum will look to improve on this year to grant the team a hopeful top 4 finish; but the completion out West will be tough as always. The good news for Tatum is much of the cast that surrounded him post his trade is still there and learning to work together. The coaching staff of the Suns would also move Tatum back to his natural SF position in order to better incorporate him in the offense.
Power Forward, Draymond Green is ready to work this year and promises to get on teammates he deem slacking

Draymond Green with his passing, rebounding and defense looks to be the swiss army knife for a Suns team looking for his leadership and experience to lead them to the promiseland. Draymond was criticized by Phoenix media last year, but the veteran says he looks forward to turning this Suns team back into the contender of old.
Dedric Lawson speaks to reporters following the big money deal signed in the offseason

With Dedric Lawson locked up now long-term, Phoenix officials look to the young, big man to lead the inside and help push this team farther. Many remain skeptical and some have called Bolden the better player between the two, but Lawson will look to silence the doubters and prove his contract is a winning one.
Playoff Hero, Alex Caruso putting shots up a the private facility of his alma matter

Caruso will look to lead the Suns at the Point Guard position as Derrick White has been exiled to the bench. Asked about the trouble between White and the front office; Caruso declined to comment and said his focus is getting the Suns back to winning ways.
Young Shooting Guard, Justinian Jessup is in as a starter for the team

Justinian Jessup was named the starting shooting guard for the Phoenix Suns for 28-29 early in the offseason and the youngster looks to fulfill big shoes. While the guard combo of Tatum and White had some success, the Suns look instead to a Caruso-Jessup duo to fulfill those shoes and Jessup says he has put the work in.

Media Prediction: Many in media predict this Suns team to finish as a 9-11th seed in the Western conference and speaking to the coaching staff; they say the players take that as a good thing. Many within the organization say the dark horse label was applied to them after the Tatum trade and in the playoffs and they took a dominant 1 seed to 7 games. While that wasn't a successful outing, the organization sees it as building blocks for a team trying to find chemistry and they aim to be the team that upsets others and regularly puts everyone on notice. This Suns team may have more questions than answers, but they do have some very strong answers for a few questions and critics will find them a team looking at more than just a happy to be here playoff spot.
Phoenix Suns GM
Season recap: 2030-31: 36-46

"Fall Seven Times, Get Up Eight"

Vann_the_Red
General Manager

Re: Phoenix Suns A Season Ahead

Post by Vann_the_Red »

Fun preview! Thanks!

thecoolestjedi
General Manager

Post by thecoolestjedi »

Vann_the_Red wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:49 am Fun preview! Thanks!
Appeciate it, my favorite part of the league is writing these
Phoenix Suns GM

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I actually think you will do much better than 9-11th seed. I think you have improved the roster since last season and have one of the top 5 players in the league in Tatum to build around.

I don't love Caruso as a starting PG since he seems perfect as a 6th man, but I'm hoping to see his thrive. I also like that you moved Tatum back to his more natural position this offseason. Really looking forward to seeing how you do this year!

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Nice article, Tatum Green is a very nice F combo. They play well off of each other.

Good luck but not so good luck since I have your 1st. Hope you understand lol

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

I think this team is primed to take that next step if everything clicks. I know Denver played Tatum a lot at PG to maximize his touch's (presumably) so seeing him in his natural position at forward should be interesting. It's hard to tell in this new engine which players will thrive but I like what White is doing so far and Green is always a positive contributor on both ends.
Ball is Life.

thecoolestjedi
General Manager

Post by thecoolestjedi »

emplep7 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:07 pm I actually think you will do much better than 9-11th seed. I think you have improved the roster since last season and have one of the top 5 players in the league in Tatum to build around.

I don't love Caruso as a starting PG since he seems perfect as a 6th man, but I'm hoping to see his thrive. I also like that you moved Tatum back to his more natural position this offseason. Really looking forward to seeing how you do this year!
With these preseason results, I am not as optimistic about it, but I'm hoping so and yeah think Caruso might be moving back to the bench for the regular season here. I'm hoping we can nail this thing today.

Nice article, Tatum Green is a very nice F combo. They play well off of each other.

Good luck but not so good luck since I have your 1st. Hope you understand lol
Lol, well I feel for you, but I kind of want that first to be pretty, pretty bad for my own sake here. Maybe I shouldn't worry too much, but its tough out West. And yeah Tatum and Green is a perfect duo, just need that second great scorer to pair up with Tatum.

I think this team is primed to take that next step if everything clicks. I know Denver played Tatum a lot at PG to maximize his touch's (presumably) so seeing him in his natural position at forward should be interesting. It's hard to tell in this new engine which players will thrive but I like what White is doing so far and Green is always a positive contributor on both ends.
Thought I had the engine all figured out from solo play time, but then it threw me a curveball, so there is that. I understand Denver's idea(?) I just feel he will flow better at the 3 than that 1 position.
Phoenix Suns GM