League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Offseason Trade Targets - East

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Offseason Trade Targets - East

Post by Marcos_Beck »

OFFSEASON TRADE TARGETS - EASTERN CONFERENCE

Today we gather here to present some quality trading options for all 30 teams this offseason. I'm only listing the players that could really use a change of scenery due to not getting playing time or being on rebuilding teams or whatsoever. Of course, there are plenty more players worth trading, and not every team has a player they absolutely need to trade, but this list (along with a future Western Conference one) should highlight several players who could benefit immensely from a trade and could become real contributors for their new teams if dealt this offseason.
Enjoy!

GUARDS

Kendrick Nunn (Philadelphia 76ers)
Nunn has no real weaknesses in his game. He can pass, handle, shoot and defend, and is an excellent fit next to any backcourt partner, as a starter or off the bench. Philly looks set at the point with Ball and Louzada, and are looking to add more scoring than Nunn can give them on the wings. Kendrick is still young, turning 27 next season, and will become a RFA once his contract expires next year.

Cameron Payne (Cleveland Cavaliers)
Elfrid Payton, James Young and Otto Porter are all set to expire this summer and it’s questionable if any of them will attract interest on a possible S&T this year due to age. Payne should also expect regression this year, but he is under contract for one more guaranteed season after this one and could help contenders looking for defense and a bit of playmaking and shooting at guard.

Terry Rozier (Chicago Bulls)
The explosive scorer put up impressive raw stats for the Chicago Bulls once again, but his overall efficiency is a cause for concern. Still, if kept in check, Rozier can provide help for a better team next year and be used as an expiring after (his current 3rd year is a team option). He’s a quick fix for teams without many assets and looking to boost their backcourt.

Kris Dunn (Charlotte Hornets)
It’s probably the right time to break up the Dunn / Trae Young pairing in Charlotte. He’s going to command a huge salary even when turning 31 as a UFA next season, and Charlotte would be wise to work on a S&T before either letting him walk for no return or tying themselves into another huge deal for a player that doesn’t give them what they need to contend. They can also get younger guys next to Trae.

WINGS

Allen Crabbe (New York Knicks)
Soon-to-be 31 year old Crabbe is giving the Knicks very little production for a 8-figure player. His shooting is down after three solid seasons, and he even lost the starting job to Nik Stauskas (a vet-minimum guy). Spending 25M on Crabbe and Ferguson, who, TOGETHER, gives the Knicks 10PPG in 48 minutes, is a financial suicide. New York owns Pelicans 1st this year, and should look for upgrades using Crabbe’s salary.

Jabari Parker (Detroit Pistons)
Detroit’s acquisition of Darius Garland should mean they’re willing to get younger next offseason, and build around Garland, FrankN, Gates and Rabb. That means 33 year old UFA Jabari Parker could be sign-and-traded somewhere in order to keep adding more assets to the young core, as the Pistons cannot afford to lose a talent like Parker with no return. Look no further if you need a quality wing scorer.

Rawle Alkins (Indiana Pacers)
As soon as a new GM steps into control in Indiana, Alkins should be a trade target for teams looking for scoring off the bench. Currently behind Jamal Murray, Briante Weber and Semi Ojeleye, he doesn’t have the necessary playing time to display his talents in Indy, and they should look to cash in on a 31 year old expiring player next year.

Malik Beasley (Atlanta Hawks)
What is Beasley doing in Atlanta? He was just a salary filler to get Julius Randle in New Orleans, with Svi Mykhailiuk providing the same skill set for 7M less money. Beasley is a quality player and solid wing scoring and shooting option, but at 28 and for making almost 13M, he’s better used as a trade chip for more young assets than a useful player for a team that just entered rebuilding mode.

BIGS

Skal Labissiere (Boston Celtics)
Burried behind Boston’s main rim protectors and rebounders, Skal doesn’t get the touches and playing time to shine with the C’s. He can provide quality scoring off the bench and even start for teams lacking post scoring, and is set to become a 14.6M expiring salary next season. Dennis has tried to trade Skal before but, so far, no luck. Maybe it happens this year, before he becomes a UFA.

Anthony Davis (Chicago Bulls)
AD will have one more guaranteed year and then becomes a huge 22.5M expiring. Until then, even at 35 years old, he still has something left in the tank as an efficient post scorer, decent rebounder and quality defensive player. He’s not even close to reassemble the dominant big he once was, but if you can put together his astronomic salary, he’ll provide you solid play for at least one more season.

Kristaps Porzingis (Orlando Magic)
This one is really a long shot. I’m not even going to write a lot about him because everyone already knows how good of a player Porzingis is. Question is: will Willy finally understand the 15-60 Magic need a full rebuild and to trade not only Porzingis but also Milos, Wiggins and Embiid this offseason, or will he continue to lead them to #1 overall picks that lands stars for other teams?
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Ramcus
CEO

Re: Offseason Trade Targets - East

Post by Ramcus »

Kris Dunn is expiring this season.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

I'd also love to see Porzingis in a more competitive situation. He's putting up godly stats, and if it weren't for the team's record, he'd be an All-League level star.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Very comprehensive list Marcos, I am not looking to make any major moves outside of perhaps looking at Sexton move but with Joseph getting older I need a young PG to run the show and in this league if you want to accomplish anything you need a solid two way PG who can at least defend the position and keep turnovers low. I don't see myself moving him but I really need to assess where my financials are with Moore/Payton expiring and then seeing what the FA market has to offer in terms of cheap depth. My guys are playing way to many MPG and our depth is a huge weakness. If we can fix that without moving any core guys we could be a higher seed next season. We also have that DET 1st as well.

Very nice read though and looking forward to the West version.
Ball is Life.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Nice read, always interesting what players may be available.

Good take on Malik Beasley, he didn't play at all this season since Svi got all the minutes.
I may change that for next season but both are available for sure.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

approved for scouts