League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

BI's Spotlight #1 (new GM intro)- thecoolestjedi

Write updates about your team or the league here.
blackice
Chairman of the Board

BI's Spotlight #1 (new GM intro)- thecoolestjedi

Post by blackice »

This will be the 1st in an old series of articles spotlighting different GM's in the league and picking the brains of the braintrust here in the league. Each one will have customized questions that vary in terms of detail and intention. Some will be directly tied to the GM's team, some will be more directed to the league as a whole - all will relate in some form or fashion to basketball. Each article is worth scouting points for a full Insider article. The 1st on this new season interview is with thecoolestjedi, so let's kick this off.

1. Tell us about your mentor Doug and how he got you into the league and furthermore do you have any experience in other sim leagues?

Guess I wouldn't call Doug my mentor, but I have consulted him on both trades and the makeup of the roster he built. I saw the opening for the league on Wolverine Studios and decided why not since I am in some other sim leagues for Wolverine Games.

2.What was your favourite sport growing up?

Huge basketball since I was a kid since I was born and raised in Chicago during the 90s and the Bulls were all the city would ever talk about. It is a sport that I have followed religiously ever since and I couldn't be happier being in a sim league for it.

3. Do you follow the NBA and if so what is your favourite team? What kind of family do you come from, and do they also enjoy sports?

I follow the NBA very closely and my favorite team are the Chicago Bulls and most of my family is very basketball oriented as I have had uncles and cousins play semi-pro for a bit and they are also all Bulls fans especially this year with the Bulls being a good team again.

4. Do you enjoy music? If so give me your top 5 artists, dead or alive.

Mostly listen to lots of rap and hip hop, but I have varied my tastes in recent years. If I were to make a top 5 list it would be:
1. 2pac
2. Scarface
3. Paramore
4. Johnny Cash
5. Jeezy

5. Your mentor has always built defensive minded teams, I actually traded him Zhou Qi who has provided his team a defensive backbone (so he kinda owes me on that front) - ?.

Which is definitely I think where me and Doug differ. I am a big fan of abusing the offense in DDS games in basketball especially. I think the football sim league is the only DDS game where I have purposely built from the defense on up.

6. Who are you gonna target with your 1st this season? What area are you missing because you're obviously set at PG with Shaquille Harrison?

Funny enough this question came before the Tatum trade, but even before that trade I was looking at the Guard position, no clue on who that is, but I'd love to get my hands on Haliburton as a big fan of him irl.

7. Does your family enjoy sports? Also tell us about the rivalry your team has historically had with BT!

My family loves and plays basketball so I have always had that around me. I haven't really engaged in a rivalry with BT since he has whooped my behind every time we have played but it seems it was basically Suns and Kings out West in previous years, a testament to Doug for sure. I know Doug talked about the superstar oriented engine that DDSP19 is and I for sure agree, which partly made me go for Tatum and of course my testing with the SFs in DDSPB22.

8. Goodluck on your title run but like I said Phil is coming for your spot, and finally be very careful with trades cause when this league sees a new GM they bounce on new blood so if you need advice hit up Doug.

Didn't know if I needed to answer this. He didn't this was just conjecture on my part

9. Anyway, I'm Musie so lemme know if you need anything from me in terms of trade advice or just to talk.

Didn't know if I needed to answer this. He didn't this was just conjecture on my part

10. Remember you have until April 4, to get me your questions and then I will post your article to introduce you to the league.

Didn't know if I needed to answer this. He met the deadline with plenty of time to spare

I hope you enjoyed this look into yet another integral player of this league, and if you are interested in being interviewed please express your interest either in this thread or a PM if you prefer. It'll be first come first serve, and I'll gauge interest and go from there.
Ball is Life.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: BI's Spotlight #1 (new GM intro)- thecoolestjedi

Post by emplep7 »

Doug the mentor.

I know you from the CSFL so I'm interested to see how to run the team here as the basketball and football engines are very different. I didnt love the Ellenson move, but really liked the Taum move and am excited to see the changes you will continue to make to the Suns.

thecoolestjedi
General Manager

Post by thecoolestjedi »

emplep7 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:20 pm Doug the mentor.

I know you from the CSFL so I'm interested to see how to run the team here as the basketball and football engines are very different. I didnt love the Ellenson move, but really liked the Taum move and am excited to see the changes you will continue to make to the Suns.
Yeah I appreciate it. Definitely taking the approach the same as I am with the Browns in the CSFL where I go slow and steady wins the race with picking up Tatum and building a core around him. I have been working on the Browns defense for 3 seasons now. Think once we get to 22, I’ll shine a bit more. The newer DDSPB games have more of my skill(?) then 19 and downward.
Phoenix Suns GM
Season recap: 2030-31: 36-46

"Fall Seven Times, Get Up Eight"

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Questions 8 9 and 10 were amazing hahahaha

Nice to know more about you and having another Bulls fan around is so great!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Nice interview and glad to have you around!

The Suns will be a complete new team going forward and this bold move is something I would have probably done too. Always important to get the player in place you want to build around.