League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Western Conference Predictions

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

1. Sacramento 59-23
Porter continues to dominate and Sacramento shows their run wasnt a fluke

2. Houston 57-25
Houston enters their 1st full season after the amazing Livingston/Reed trade. That trade moved them from average to elite

3. Phoenix 48-34
Normally Id have Phoenix closer to Sac and Hou, but they are going from a vet coach to a rookie coach. I feel that will cost the team a few wins as they experiment and learn.

4. Golden State 46-36
GoldenState remain steady, not much more to say about them.

5. Dallas 43-39
Despite their slow start its hard to imagine Luka, Hunter, and Allen missing the playoffs in the west.

6. Memphis 43-39
I liked the Grizzlies roster before the season started and their 7-5 start back up my suspicions.

7. Minnesota 43-39
I dont like the T’wolves roster, but their 9-2 start is making me question how good this team actually is.

8. Lakers 42-40
The lakers have a very unique roster, its full of 1-way players. Last year after a slow start they finished with 36 wins. This year they add Exum so its almost a lock they out perform last season.

9. Clippers 41-41
Hard to imagine im placing the Clippers below the Lakers, but I feel Rui is a better player than Bagley and the Lakers have better depth.

10. New Orleans 41-41
Markkanen is still out for another month, but I feel when he gets back the pelicans can win more than they lose to get back to .500

11. Utah 41-41
A lot of talent in utah, but also a lot of trash getting big minutes. Cut the trash and Utah could finish as high as 3rd.

12. Denver 40-42
Interested to see what onenole is planning here. I could see a Tatum trade in the future and onenole going with a full rebuild.

13. Oklahoma 29-53
There are 3 tanking teams in the west this season. First up OKC. A lot of talent but they haven’t found their star yet, so its back to trust the process.

14. Portland 23-59
Portland has similar talent to the Thunder, but were able to get here quicker because they had talent to flip and didnt start from scratch. (Smart/Holiday/Ingles)

15. San Antonio 20-62
A long rebuild coming for the spurs as they are quite a bit behind in talent to the trailblazers and thunder.

It looks like this season 8 western teams will be fighting for 4 playoff spots.
Last edited by Silogical on Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Re: Western Conference Predictions

Post by Andrewu91 »

I see it playing out similar. But I have the Nuggets making the playoffs and the Thunder just missing out. The Thunder have a unique mix of talent, which will win them around 35-40 games imo
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

So good we're going to play 12 less games than everyone else, nice

The bottom half this playoff race is going to be heated

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

i love these 5 minute wiretap articles from sil. just throwing out random thoughts with nothing behind them for a quick scout article.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Flattered. I suppose youngster development is still our priority this year but it absolutely would be nice to win a few games and even make the playoffs.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Lol, doubling down huh. Love to see it. So angry.
Clown.Show.League

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

That would be an epic last week or two of the season with how close #5 and #12 are
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Ocons wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:50 pm Lol, doubling down huh. Love to see it. So angry.
Last time I told you you had a player you needed to get rid of, you got rid of them and won GM of the Year. Im doing the same thing this time, I just say it like I see it I wont hold back to spare hurt feelings.

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

A ton of parity out West. I agree that no team will finish below 20 wins which is great to see. Every game should be a battle.
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

I don't think we fluked it. We kept minutes low for our guys, rested our starters the last 7 or 8 games after we locked up the top seed and (losing most of them to end the season) and still won 52 games.

Yeah it was hard to not unleash Porter during the season and win 60+ but throwing teams off the scent of what our post season team is like was more fun.

Pretty much agree with all the others though. Will be interesting to see if Dallas can get it together, the Wolves keep going and the Grizz youth coming through.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Keeping Sacramento from winning the conference will be a tough task.
Houston, Phoenix and Golden State look rock solid but the talent on the Kings roster is just crazy. I think even without Porter they would be playing for the division crown.

Minnesota and Memphis looking very good and I hope the young players can keep it up thru the whole season. Just love this two building jobs Alex and Andrei do with their teams.

Regarding talent and experience my guess would be, that the Clippers, Jazz and also Lakers should be the teams to turn it around and make it into the playoffs.

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Silogical wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:29 am
Ocons wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:50 pm Lol, doubling down huh. Love to see it. So angry.
Last time I told you you had a player you needed to get rid of, you got rid of them and won GM of the Year. Im doing the same thing this time, I just say it like I see it I wont hold back to spare hurt feelings.
oh, is that what it was? ok, lol. . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll go back to school for reading comprehension then. :roll: :lol: :lol:
Clown.Show.League

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

I feel like that's a fair reading on the Pelicans at this point. The fight for the bottom of the West is going to be interesting for sure.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Approved for scouting

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Silogical wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:43 am Western Conference Predictions

1. Sacramento 59-23

2. Houston 57-25
Houston enters their 1st full season after the amazing Livingston/Reed trade. That trade moved them from average to elite

3. Phoenix 48-34
Normally Id have Phoenix closer to Sac and Hou, but they are going from a vet coach to a rookie coach. I feel that will cost the team a few wins as they experiment and learn.

4. Golden State 46-36

5. Dallas 43-39
Despite their slow start its hard to imagine Luka, Hunter, and Allen missing the playoffs in the west.

6. Memphis 43-39
I liked the Grizzlies roster before the season started and their 7-5 start back up my suspicions.

7. Minnesota 43-39
I dont like the T’wolves roster, but their 9-2 start is making me question how good this team actually is.

8. Lakers 42-40
The lakers have a very unique roster, its full of 1-way players. Last year after a slow start they finished with 36 wins. This year they add Exum so its almost a lock they out perform last season.

9. Clippers 41-41
Hard to imagine im placing the Clippers below the Lakers, but I feel Rui is a better player than Bagley and the Lakers have better depth.

10. New Orleans 41-41
Markkanen is still out for another month, but I feel when he gets back the pelicans can win more than they lose to get back to .500

11. Utah 41-41
A lot of talent in utah, but also a lot of trash getting big minutes. Cut the trash and Utah could finish as high as 3rd.

12. Denver 40-42
Interested to see what onenole is planning here. I could see a Tatum trade in the future and onenole going with a full rebuild.

13. Oklahoma 29-53
There are 3 tanking teams in the west this season. First up OKC. A lot of talent but they haven’t found their star yet, so its back to trust the process.

14. Portland 23-59
Portland has similar talent to the Thunder, but were able to get here quicker because they had talent to flip and didnt start from scratch. (Smart/Holiday/Ingles)

15. San Antonio 20-62
A long rebuild coming for the spurs as they are quite a bit behind in talent to the trailblazers and thunder.

Always appreciate these, btw why didn't you do an interview last season for my GM interview segment? Just didn't have the time? I'd love to do one for you if you're willing? Would love to hear your story and I could generate some questions for you Silos.
Ball is Life.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

blackice wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:46 pm
Silogical wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:43 am Western Conference Predictions

1. Sacramento 59-23

2. Houston 57-25

3. Phoenix 48-34

4. Golden State 46-36

5. Dallas 43-39

6. Memphis 43-39

7. Minnesota 43-39

8. Lakers 42-40

9. Clippers 41-41

10. New Orleans 41-41

11. Utah 41-41

12. Denver 40-42

13. Oklahoma 29-53

14. Portland 23-59

15. San Antonio 20-62

Always appreciate these, btw why didn't you do an interview last season for my GM interview segment? Just didn't have the time? I'd love to do one for you if you're willing? Would love to hear your story and I could generate some questions for you Silos.
So I assume that's a no? :lol:
Ball is Life.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

id love to see silo do a fresh new uptake on this lol