League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Lakers Season Preview

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Lakers Season Preview

Post by Stockton12 »

Lakers Season Preview
Last Season the lakers made a huge charge towards the playoffs by winning 9 games straight but just fell short by a game so this year the lakers hope they might be able to sneak in but the western conference has just gotten harder with some other teams making moves such a Memphis strong draft and the blazers making some moves it sure will be a hell of a season .

The Big Moves

-Lakers send Alexander Vezenkov , Luke Kennard and rights to Julian Moore for Dante Exum

Stockton had been after Exum for ages and he will be a good fit next to bowman and im not worried if he takes shots away from bowman its about the fit and defense plus Exums expiring contract helps the lakers financials thou its expected the lakers will try and keep the fellow aussie.

-Lakers send Julius Randle ,1st LAL 30’ (top-5 protected) and 2nd NYK 28’ for Jordan Bell and 2nd IND 29

A risky Move for the lakers and even thou they wanted more out of the deal amongst the heated exchanges and many attempted solutions the lakers took Jordan Bell who will be a strong rebounder the lakers needed to back up Rui and this gives the lakers bench a strong unit but the question mark is where will be the lakers in 2030 .

The Lakers team

Starting Five : Bowman , Exum, Birsen , Rui , Collins
Bench : Clarkson , Babb , Kostas , Bell , Melli
Others: Fall , Phillips, Doyle ,Morris , Green

The Rookies :

Babb, Phillips and Morris

Babb is expected to recieve the most time out of all the rookies and he will be the backup to exum this year as for morris and phillips they will get some time but that depends on injuries and if phillips can be a third string pg.

The Expected Season

The lakers are hoping with the additions of exum and bell they can make a push to the playoffs and hopefully sneak in as its been along time since Stockton made the playoffs ( first year with the knicks ) but as said the pacific is going to be a bloodbath and many teams making moves in the western conference.
Last edited by Stockton12 on Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Re: Lakers Season Preview

Post by blackice »

I would have built around Bagley but I do like your commitment to build around Bowman! His defense is a bit suspect but adding a guy cornerstone piece like Hachimura who is elite defensively with good upside should help to mitigate that (and Collins isn't too shabby either). The Exum piece is interesting, I thought a slow rebuild was coming but I like the aggressive move in a weaker Western conference and you could make the playoffs. That said I love Bagley on the other LA team, I've been after him for a while but to no avail. Anyway, good luck!
Ball is Life.

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

It was a great offseason for you and perhaps a step closer to your goal of reaching the post season this year. I'm rooting for you as always, and i'm actually impressed with the composition of the team having great offense and defense. Anyway, good luck mate!
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I think the pieces are in place for this playoff run. The competition is tough but the talent on the Lakers is good enough to make it.
The young player have some experience now and hopefully will play more steady and they are assisted by some very nice vets in Exum, Collins, Bell and Clarkson.

Lets hope your schedule looks a little bit more balanced this year!

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

I hope you finally make the playoffs this year. I think the idea of surrounding Bowman with defenders and rebounders is the best approach. I don't see how Exum fits there, though, as he may take shots away from Bowman (although being fully a post player now, that may not be the case).
ImageImageImageImageImage

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Just remember, be patient. DDS is a game of streaks. I know the start wasn’t the one you planned but figure out strats and lineups and you have a great shot at the playoffs. You have the talent!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:50 pm Just remember, be patient. DDS is a game of streaks. I know the start wasn’t the one you planned but figure out strats and lineups and you have a great shot at the playoffs. You have the talent!
This

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

No doubt. Can't panic yet. You need a solid 20-25 games imo.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Well done with this team, it’ll be a longish rebuild but I think you’ll do well long term.
Ball is Life.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

thanks guys ..its been hard lately ecpecially with both starts last and this year not going well but tough schedule we have too