League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Eastern Conference All-Stars

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

These selections are not exhibition selections. The goal here will be to beat the west after our embarrassing loss last season. The theme will be 2-way players and foul generation.

PG
De’Aaron Fox 27.2 PER
Dennis Smith 25.6 PER
Fox Smith and Smart are dominating this season. The only decision was who starts at PG who starts at SG and who is the first guard off the bench. All 3 have 90%+ ST% 2+ TOFC and under 1 PP/SF.

SG
Marcus Smart 30.5 PER
Kris Middleton 18.9 PER
The 4th guard spot was a tougher decision. I wanted a guard that can defend hit the 3 and move down to SF if needed. Middleton fits the bill. He’s also a key contributor on a 40 win team.

SF
Brandon Ingram 21.1 PER
Jabari Parker 26.3 PER
All winning teams utilize all areas of the court. Jabari is one of the few dominant mid range players and Ingram is one of the few dominant players who spend a lot of time in the corner.

PF
Ben Simmons 32.2 PER
Anthony Davis 22.2 PER
Simmons was an easy choice for his all around game. AD over SJJ was a tough choice but I felt the added defense was more important than the added foul generation.

C
DeAndre Ayton 30 PER
Zion Williamson 37.6 PER
A couple MVP candidates if their teams finish top 3 in the league. PF and C is where Id want the east dominating the west, so the preferred offense would be post focus.

Flex 1
Semi Ojeleye 23.5 PER
Semi is a poor man’s Simmons, who surprising draws as many fouls as Simmons per 36.

Flex 2
SJJ 26.1 PER
SJJ was very close to taking AD’s spot so its no surprise he is here. SJJ isnt the greatest defender but he is one of the best foul generators in the league.

1 of the big problems for the east in last seasons all-star game was we gave Monk and Tatum players to hide against on defense. Hopefully that will be addressed in this years all-star game by the east top GM’s Detroit and Brooklynn. Another problem was the guards were taking shots away from our bigmen. The post focus offense should address that. Defensively the team is strong at every position so playing it straight would be ideal for the east.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Re: Eastern Conference All-Stars

Post by GreenBear »

Unless I'm misinterpreting Jon's post, I believe this year's ASG is purely based off voting, and any changes would be for future years.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

JJJ never seems to get any recognition. He's basically almost at the same level as Ayton lol
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

GreenBear wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:37 pm Unless I'm misinterpreting Jon's post, I believe this year's ASG is purely based off voting, and any changes would be for future years.
yeah i knew that when writing the article. I still preferred to write it as if the top GM is trying to win.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

LOL

Last year was a cool idea by Doug but it was more of an exhibition than anything. It doesn't count as a win nor as a ring, it was just for fun.

I tried to build a squad focused on offense, he did it for defense, he won, but that hardly counts, was just one game, with an exhibition DC.. Just chill, Silo..

To call it an embarrassing loss for a game that was only for fun, that's a bit too much..
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:58 pm LOL

Last year was a cool idea by Doug but it was more of an exhibition than anything. It doesn't count as a win nor as a ring, it was just for fun.

I tried to build a squad focused on offense, he did it for defense, he won, but that hardly counts, was just one game, with an exhibition DC.. Just chill, Silo..

To call it an embarrassing loss for a game that was only for fun, that's a bit too much..
:lol: dont take my overdramatic comments too seriously. Im the 1st to say how much variance there is in this engine. Sim it again you win by 30 and id be praising you. That's just the CSL.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Silogical wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:48 pm
GreenBear wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:37 pm Unless I'm misinterpreting Jon's post, I believe this year's ASG is purely based off voting, and any changes would be for future years.
yeah i knew that when writing the article. I still preferred to write it as if the top GM is trying to win.
Okay, I was thrown off by your last paragraph where you say you hope Detroit or Brooklyn's gm address some of the issues from last ASG. Since the traditional format has cookie cutter ASG strats and rotations.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I have to admit I don't care much for All star games at all. But the lineup Silo put together would be something I would draft in a fantasy draft thru the East :-)
SGA instead of Smith, the rest looks like I would put them together as well.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Flaming Homer wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:24 pm I have to admit I don't care much for All star games at all. But the lineup Silo put together would be something I would draft in a fantasy draft thru the East :-)
SGA instead of Smith, the rest looks like I would put them together as well.
TS% STOP% TOFC PA/SF (STL+BLK) FTA all favor Smith, but sure take SGA and ruin the teams spacing. If Smart was still in the west SGA would be the favorite to take the slashing guard role.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

We sure crown elite ain’t Andrew’s fake account 😂?
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I get the point with the lack of spacing, still don't think it would be the case and would go with SGA.
No reason to get pissed of about it though!

That's something we most likely will never find out and everyone is free to have his own opinion.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

CrownEliteUL wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:36 pm I’m not pissed just returning the favor of him ruining my trade block with paragraphs….
spacing means not enough 3 pt shooting on the team. Smith to SGA worsens the teams spacing. SGA just isnt at Smiths level yet. No reason to get pissed he's in his 2nd year, the 3rd yr is usually the players biggest jump. I never tried to trade for SGA I just wanted to know where you value him. I have a pretty good idea at this point.
Last edited by Silogical on Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dennis wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:25 pm We sure crown elite ain’t Andrew’s fake account 😂?
I actually took a college course, so my typing is better, bub.

But we grew up together since 6th grade. Now old 30. So sort of the same traits I guess
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

I feel the East has a really strong team this year, especially in depth.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis