League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Western Conference Standings Prediction

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Ramcus
CEO

Western Conference Standings Prediction

Post by Ramcus »

This season, I don't want to do what I've done in previous seasons, which is putting up specific records for what I predict the conference will end up being. Instead, with the new uprising Western Conference, I'm going to put the conference into tiers.

1. Championship Contenders: Sacramento Kings | Phoenix Suns | Golden State Warriors
Pretty standard stuff. These are the top teams of the Western Conference, where a championship is the expectation. It may not spell the death of the roster if there isn't a championship at the end of the rode, but these 3 teams are playing for a ring this season.

2. Playoff Locks: Houston Rockets | Utah Jazz | Denver Nuggets | Los Angeles Clippers
If it weren't for the last couple disappointing postseasons, I'd put the Houston Rockets in the top tier. But recently they haven't been great. That being said, the Rockets and these other teams should be a guaranteed playoff lock. Jayson "Robbed-of-MVP" Tatum should securely carry the Nuggets into the post season. Daniel Hamilton just finished a really really impressive playoff run for the uprising Utah Jazz last postseason, and he should more than continue his exemplary play this season. And I think the addition of Isaiah Cousins should put the Clippers securely in the playoff hunt. Although probably a reach in my opinion, I've put the Clippers' expectations as a 1st time playoff team after an overly-successful regular season in Dylan's tenure with LAC.

3. Fighting for the 8th Seed: Dallas Mavericks | New Orleans Pelicans | Minnesota Timberwolves | Los Angeles Lakers
There isn't much quality outside the top 7 in the West, but there are a couple up-and-coming teams. For starters, the Timberwolves and the Lakers could surprise a lot of teams. Minnesota went through a lot of upgrades, drafting Koumadje and trading for Porter. They could be a sneaky upstart team looking to make some noise. The Lakers as well, depending on how well the team meshes together. They're still a very young group, and often times show their inexperience. That being said, if they get their stuff together, they could fight for a spot too. Dallas upgraded massively, getting a quality big in Jarrett Allen(who just had an 11 Block triple-double), and drafting elite 2-way wing De'Andre Hunter. Personally, I think they could tank for another season if they really wanted to, but I've got them looking to fight for a better record this season. Lastly, my Pelicans. Just looking for my team to mesh, we have the talent to make playoff noise.

4. Just lacking in something: San Antonio Spurs | Memphis Grizzlies | Oklahoma City Thunder | Portland Trailblazers
Just being honest, I don't think any of these teams have the talent to reach the playoffs. And even if they do, I don't think they would have the talent to take even 1 win against any top Western team. The Spurs and the Trailblazers are year 1 into their rebuild, and honestly shouldn't be looking at the playoffs. They're lacking in true franchise-altering talent, and are really looking at flipping their roster for assets. The Thunder and Grizzlies, in my opinion, are in full rebuild mode, and are just looking to develop their prospects. However their seasons go, it shouldn't matter. If their season goes well(relatively), that's great news! You have some talented core pieces in that roster. If their season goes poorly, that's also great news! You're looking for more franchise-level talent anyways! Win-Win!
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Re: Western Conference Standings Prediction

Post by bt »

This is actually a really good list and I can't argue with any of it.

Have thought this for a while and still do but if Biz would go easier on the crazy stuff haha, the Rockets are in that top echelon.

Them and the Clippers as I think they've taken a really big step so playoff lock yes.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

I think it's safe to say the Pacific division is nasty
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Oh yeah, we are in full rebuild. We are hoping to win as many games as we can but priority is to get youngsters to play and develop
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

The line between 8th seed teams and the rebuilding teams is a little blurry to me. I could see SAS or POR eclipsing LAL or MIN

Good list though. It does feel like there's only about 6 sure-thing playoff teams in the West. Should make for a good race
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

This list is pretty much how I see it as well.
I do have Houston in the top echolon, I just think the talent is there and I still like the mix Kyrus got together. The two last post seasons things just did not go right for them.

Also POR I would see in the group fighting for spot 8.
For them the most important question is probably if Birutis is good enough to be the main guy.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

The 8th seed is truly available for whoever wants it. I think as it stands the Pelicans are the favorite, but the Mavs will probably make more moves throughout the year and take it.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

cb4raptorscb4 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:13 am I think it's safe to say the Pacific division is nasty
agreed

i would add spurs and portland to a possable finals and would move minny down.

as for my lakers i have no idea but i hope we could possably be in discussions for a top8 but schedule is nasty

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I like the format for this, great job there! Kudos to Dylan to jumping into the playoff-lock category (so far its looking pretty good) and the Mavs look like they are going to potentially make the jump in the West.

Glad to see the West is rising from the ashes and coming back up in terms of competition to make the playoffs more interesting.

Sharkn20
Senior Vice President

Post by Sharkn20 »

Excellent read.