League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Unsuccessful Player Instruction

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Re: Unsuccessful Player Instruction

Post by bt »

In addition, we don't know how multiple instructions at the same time work.

For example, drive more at the expense of jumpers, shoot more threes at the expense of jumpers and post up more at the expense of jumpers can be input at the same time. No idea what effect it has but I doubt it's a 10 point increase in each and a 30 point drop in jumpers.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

orangeparka
Senior Vice President

Post by orangeparka »

Myles wrote:
orangeparka wrote:I noticed on my team that Blake Griffin didn't get the right boost (+20 drive) from his player instruction (drive more/shoot less).

Now, I understand that they can sometimes be unsuccessful, but if I instruct him again, then their drives will be boosted by twice the amount (+40), as far as I know the unsuccessful ones get added when you instructed them again. He would then exceed the 70 drive (he's at 40 now).

Can we manually edit these unsuccessful ones or put in some kind of system in case this happens?
I have no clue where you got those numbers. It changes by 10, not 20. I'm 95% certain it can't be unsuccessful since we do it in commish mode. And even if it was it would not get boosted by twice the amount the second time.
It gets boosted by 20 I think. Kobe was at 15 and now it's 35. Hickson was at 47/48 and is now 67/68. There was no change in Blake's though...

As for the boosted twice thing, I'm pretty sure I saw that happen before in oCSL. We'll see with Blake's second instruction.
CHARLOTTE HORNETS
Kris Dunn / Jordan Farmar / Jahii Carson
Bradley Beal / Michael Carter-Williams
Furkan Korkmaz / Rodney Hood / Danny Green
Clint Capela / Noah Vonleh / Brandan Wright / Taj Gibson
Jonas Valanciunas / Jordan Mickey / Robert Upshaw

Legacy (DENVER NUGGETS)
2013/2014: 55-27 (Lost in 2nd Round)
2014/2015: 52-30 (CSL Championship)

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Sun Scorched wrote:No clue as to why this happens, but the instructions always work. I haven't input one that didn't.
I can verify that the instructions do not always work. I put in 5 player instructions that recently ended, and 4 of them worked just fine, but Bledsoe's did not work. I'm comparing his tendencies from before the season started to now, and they have not moved. It's not a big deal, but I just wanted to verify that OP was correct when he said the instructions don't always work for whatever reason.

orangeparka
Senior Vice President

Post by orangeparka »

Yup. Blake's instructions end in a game week or so. We'll see if the double/accumulated boost is true as well.
CHARLOTTE HORNETS
Kris Dunn / Jordan Farmar / Jahii Carson
Bradley Beal / Michael Carter-Williams
Furkan Korkmaz / Rodney Hood / Danny Green
Clint Capela / Noah Vonleh / Brandan Wright / Taj Gibson
Jonas Valanciunas / Jordan Mickey / Robert Upshaw

Legacy (DENVER NUGGETS)
2013/2014: 55-27 (Lost in 2nd Round)
2014/2015: 52-30 (CSL Championship)