League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Coach Firings

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Coach Firings

Post by GreenBear »

Just something I wanted to clarify with all of the coach firings: we're allowed a one-time firing of our original coaches without being penalized, correct? That's how it was laid out on the old forum, but on the updated coaches spreadsheet (with money spent), the teams that hired new coaches still have their old coaches on their payroll. Is this going to get taken care of?

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: Coach Firings

Post by Myles »

I did say that. Not sure yet if that's going to happen. On the one hand it helps you all out for the future. On the other hand, teams who hired coaches now and made their bids did so with the understanding that they only had a limited amount of cap due to the firings. So waiving the fired coach's salary benefits some and disadvantages other based on what's transpired since then.

Thoughts?

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

I was going off of the idea that we got a one-time pass to fire our coaches if we wanted. That being said, I'd fire them even if I was going to be penalized ha.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

It'd be bullshit if we got a pass now or I would've bid a lot more on Rudy T

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Jestor wrote:It'd be bullshit if we got a pass now or I would've bid a lot more on Rudy T
Even though I did not fire / hire anyone, I agree with Mr. Jestor. Everyone offered based in their own budget remaining, considering they'd have to pay actual coach's salary if fired.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

My thoughts exactly. We're going to go ahead and not give teams that pass.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

If you want to go with the penalties for firing coaches, that's fine. You're allowed to express that opinion. But I don't agree with it being "bullshit" considering it was specifically mentioned before and was the assumption I was making.
Last edited by GreenBear on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

It was mentioned earlier, but even I forgot about it. It was mentioned around two weeks ago, and it wasn't brought over or mentioned at all on here, so I can see how it was easily forgotten.

Jake0890
General Manager

Post by Jake0890 »

There's no reason to give a pass here. A coach is just as much as part of the team you picked as a player. That's like asking to waive a player and be given a pass on his remaining salary because he was already there when you got the team.

If you fire a coach, you should suffer the hit against the 10 mil cap.
Washington Wizards
2013-2014: 56-26
2014-2015: 1-1

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Myles wrote:It was mentioned earlier, but even I forgot about it. It was mentioned around two weeks ago, and it wasn't brought over or mentioned at all on here, so I can see how it was easily forgotten.
Yeah, I was on holiday last week.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Again, this is all fine. This is why I'm clarifying. I went on holiday a week ago with one understanding of how it's going to be done, and I come back to see something very different. That is all.

Not sure why some people are being aggressive about it. I have the admin's answer, and I'll make my decisions based on that.