League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

2018 DRAFT CLASS!

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Re: 2018 DRAFT CLASS!

Post by OneNole »

This was supposed to be a discussion on the draft class not of various engines that we don't need.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

OneNole wrote:This was supposed to be a discussion on the draft class not of various engines that we don't need.
okay csl board moderator

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

wms02a wrote:What makes it stand out over all the others in the series? Has anyone started a 16 league yet?
I looked about a month ago on the WS forums but didn't see any unfortunately.

Back on topic: I'm excited to get the scouting started! Cavaliers are looking to be very active in this year's draft...
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I think we should all wait and see what the scouting looks likes before judging this class. I bet people will be gunning for Porzingas though just for the name possibilities. I for one wouldn't mind me a Draymond Green if he's anything like his NBA counterpart.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

emplep7 wrote:I think we should all wait and see what the scouting looks likes before judging this class. I bet people will be gunning for Porzingas though just for the name possibilities. I for one wouldn't mind me a Draymond Green if he's anything like his NBA counterpart.
How come no one is talking about the fact that re-introducing these characters as draftees is just another way for teams to get very high caliber talent at a cheap discounted rookie rate and when some elite or close to elite level teams who have likely lotto picks from their great foresight and fortune from past deals draft the re-introduced players this League will really be up in arms about the lack of parity.

Adjusting/ boosting ratings of a Draymond Green, Hassan Whiteside, Kris Middleton etc and placing in FA levels the competitive playing field as teams with cap or teams can create cap to sign them vs getting these guys on uber cheap rookie deals that leads to much more flexibility.

Do not like that thought, period. No need to scout when the reality is right there.

And this is coming from a guy with no intent to chase FA's regardless if ratings boosted or not.

Anyway just this GM's perspective.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Personally, I'm reserving judgement until some scouting comes in - Whiteside, for example, seems to come with huge flaws in DI and personality. The issue with the FA proposal is that if teams with cap go chasing after recreated dudes, the elite teams actually win because they keep their own FAs at a much cheaper rate, and that does more to prolong a dynasty than any draft picks.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

And that sounds like Whiteside irl honestly and I have no issue with that.

Seems more prudent namely for a bad team with a lotto pick and cap to be able to use said pick on true draftee then sign recreated player with cap instead of using said pick on rehashed player then cap on whatever FA class is upcoming.

Just my thoughts can't do anything about it but watch as the draft and draftees has been set in motion.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

So you think the article reveals everything? You trust it enough not to scout?
It's only to catch your attention to one guy or another... Just profiles so if you like the profiles you go figure out the rest. I bet you'll be surprised.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns