League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents

Away Thread

Post Reply
User avatar
Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022
Posts: 2271
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:42 am
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: Andrewu91 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:13 pm

emplep7 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:26 pm
Really sorry to hear that Tim. That sucks.
Image
Bledsoe - Stanley - Klay 2022

Year 1 - 15-67 - *worst record*
Year 2 - 36-46 - Stanley era begins
Year 3 - 40-42
Year 4 - 46-36 - CSL Playoffs
Year 5 - 52-30 - Northwest Divison winner, CSL League Champion
Year 6 - 60-22 - Northwest Divison winner, CSL best record, Western Conference Finals
Year 7 - Stanley era ends

Top 3 in GM of the Year: 2022, 2023
Top 2 in Coach of the Year: 2023
SJJ Top 3 in MVP Voting Year: 2023

User avatar
Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022
Posts: 2271
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:42 am
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: Andrewu91 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:37 pm

Andrewu91 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:13 pm
emplep7 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:26 pm
Really sorry to hear that Tim. That sucks.
To add on, I know how it feels buddy. My grandmother in April passed and my mother almost died from a stroke in April. Was a tough time for me just getting out from back surgery. So my wishes are for you and enjoy this time with the woman you love.
Image
Bledsoe - Stanley - Klay 2022

Year 1 - 15-67 - *worst record*
Year 2 - 36-46 - Stanley era begins
Year 3 - 40-42
Year 4 - 46-36 - CSL Playoffs
Year 5 - 52-30 - Northwest Divison winner, CSL League Champion
Year 6 - 60-22 - Northwest Divison winner, CSL best record, Western Conference Finals
Year 7 - Stanley era ends

Top 3 in GM of the Year: 2022, 2023
Top 2 in Coach of the Year: 2023
SJJ Top 3 in MVP Voting Year: 2023

User avatar
Dennis
Commisioner Emeritus
Posts: 7900
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:19 am
Location: Düsseldorf
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: Dennis » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:46 pm

Tough to hear Tim. I wish you all the best - or whatever you say in English to express properly what I want to express - Tim! Use all the time you have and spend as much as you can with her. Like Andrew I had the same situation with my grandad not long ago - ain't easy. It's tough to "enjoy the time left", but it will be the days you remember the most. So just do whatever she really ever wanted to do. In my grandads case it was "just" having one more big big lunch with all family members.

Anyway, make the best out of it and still enjoy it despite feeling sad!
Boston Celtics "HoF":
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook <> 2016 - 2019
PG M. Conley <> 2018 - 2020

7 times Atlantic Division Champs.
Total: 536:284 (65%)

User avatar
andrei
Chairman of the Board
Posts: 4625
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:26 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: andrei » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:01 pm

My Mom passed back in 2005 when I was 19. Tough times. One thing I realised back then is that you'll have all the friends, girlfriends and whatever else during your life - but there is only one Mom. Spend the time and all the best.

User avatar
wms02a
Senior Vice President
Posts: 1135
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 5:18 pm
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: wms02a » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:04 pm

Sorry to hear Tom... praying for you and your family
San Antonio Spurs GM

Image
Current Roster:
PG: Frank Ntilikina / Demetrius Jackson / Dejounte Murray
SG: Terry Rosier / Waiters Island / Dejounte Murray
SF: Davis Bertans / TJ Warren / Waiters Island
PF: Montrez Harrell / Aminu / Serge Ibaka
C: Mo Bamba / Serge Ibaka / Dewayne Dedmon

User avatar
Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022
Posts: 2271
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:42 am
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: Andrewu91 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:01 pm

Date of absence: 2/28-3/2
Reason: visiting grandfather. He doesn't have internet so if my phone has signal, I'll check in here and there.
Caretaker GM (optional): no need. My team is basically finished this off season.
Image
Bledsoe - Stanley - Klay 2022

Year 1 - 15-67 - *worst record*
Year 2 - 36-46 - Stanley era begins
Year 3 - 40-42
Year 4 - 46-36 - CSL Playoffs
Year 5 - 52-30 - Northwest Divison winner, CSL League Champion
Year 6 - 60-22 - Northwest Divison winner, CSL best record, Western Conference Finals
Year 7 - Stanley era ends

Top 3 in GM of the Year: 2022, 2023
Top 2 in Coach of the Year: 2023
SJJ Top 3 in MVP Voting Year: 2023

User avatar
Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019
Posts: 5394
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:15 am
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: Marcos_Beck » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:28 pm

Date of Absence: 02/08 - 02/11
Reason: Travelling with GF and mother-in-law for her birthday.

no computer access. Good internet access I believe even though I'll be on the beach the whole weekend.
Hope I don't lose first pre-season sim!
#0 D.Lillard #14 G.Harris #32 J.Crowder #24 L.Markkanen #31 J.Allen
#22 C.Payne #7 J.Holiday #20 R.Hollis-Jefferson #52 J.Stokes #17 L.Birutis


Image
Forever.
18-19 Champions Image
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah #0 L.Stephenson

User avatar
Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019
Posts: 5394
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:15 am
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: Marcos_Beck » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:41 pm

Gonna be out for some days, maybe weeks. Need time to think about some things that are happening

Love you all

If any injury happens to my players lemme know
I’ll set a DC in before leaving cause I don’t want my team to be screwed
#0 D.Lillard #14 G.Harris #32 J.Crowder #24 L.Markkanen #31 J.Allen
#22 C.Payne #7 J.Holiday #20 R.Hollis-Jefferson #52 J.Stokes #17 L.Birutis


Image
Forever.
18-19 Champions Image
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah #0 L.Stephenson

User avatar
rh0xxy
Senior Vice President
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:02 am
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: rh0xxy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:24 pm

Date of Absence: indefinitely
Reason: work

will check on results from time to time but don't really have much time anymore than before...

i'm here to stay but if the league warrants a full time pledge GM, i'm ready to step down.
Image
2023-2024 CSL Season
PG: Jones - Wright
SG: Weber - Beal - Pointer
SF: Bradley - Siakam - Blossomgame
PF: Swanigan - Powell - Seraphin
C: Cousins - Nogueira - Bhullar

User avatar
Flaming Homer
Senior Vice President
Posts: 1490
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: Flaming Homer » Wed May 01, 2019 12:10 am

Date of Absence: 2th of May - 14th of May
Reason: vacation

will check the forum but probably no game access, should get possible trades done til next Thursday.

User avatar
Ocons
CEO
Posts: 2428
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: Ocons » Mon May 06, 2019 2:49 pm

Date of Absence : 5/10-???
Reason : Major Home Renovations


We begin a major remodeling project on our house this week and will be moving for 3-4 months. As a result, I won't have game access. I will still be active on the forums, for the most part.
Image C Porzingis PF Dieng SF Hamilton SG Irving PG Cotton

User avatar
Dylan
General Manager
Posts: 825
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: Dylan » Mon May 06, 2019 8:19 pm

Date of absence: May 7-10
Reason: Going on vacation. Will check forums but have no game access.

User avatar
Stockton12
Senior Vice President
Posts: 1344
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: Stockton12 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:27 am

Date of absence: Will be in and out but not active much
Reason: Dealing with the fallout of being banned from my daughters life for 5 years
Image

User avatar
blackice
CEO
Posts: 2580
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: blackice » Mon May 27, 2019 7:56 pm

Stockton12 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 11:27 am
Date of absence: Will be in and out but not active much
Reason: Dealing with the fallout of being banned from my daughters life for 5 years
Sorry to hear man, hope it works out

User avatar
Cleasby
Senior Vice President
Posts: 1364
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: Cleasby » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:13 pm

Date of absence: now until 1st July
Reason: Holiday.
Caretaker GM (optional): Marcos. I have forum access just not DDS so my playoff performance could suffer this year due to bad timing :p haha.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

User avatar
AC
General Manager
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 6:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: AC » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:19 pm

Date of absence: Present - TBA
Reason: Unable to access DDSPB3

As much as it pains me to do so, I'm going to have to step away from the league until the league fully transitions to DDSPB19. I own a MacBook and therefore have to use a Virtual Machine (VM) to access and operate Windows-based programs. Since joining the league, I've had to update my VM and in the process was unable to re-license my copy of DDSPB3. I am not stepping away out of a lack of interest in the league but rather being unable to participate in the manner I'd like to. I hope I am able to re-join when CSL transitions to DDSPB19 later this year. Until then, I'll still be participating in the Facebook Group chats, posting on these forums and am still honoring what I promised Myles and Jon earlier last month.

Take care,
Andrew
'22 - '23 Philadelphia 76ers
PG: Lonzo Ball / Ray McCallum
SG: Jabari Brown / E’Twaun Moore / Josh Richardson
SF: Jabari Parker / Kevin Hervey / Jerami Grant
PF: Adreian Payne / Moritz Wagner
C: Damian Jones / Daniel Miller


10th overall pick (2023 CSL Draft)

User avatar
hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board
Posts: 4625
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: hardenwithnod » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:23 pm

AC wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:19 pm
Date of absence: Present - TBA
Reason: Unable to access DDSPB3

As much as it pains me to do so, I'm going to have to step away from the league until the league fully transitions to DDSPB19. I own a MacBook and therefore have to use a Virtual Machine (VM) to access and operate Windows-based programs. Since joining the league, I've had to update my VM and in the process was unable to re-license my copy of DDSPB3. I am not stepping away out of a lack of interest in the league but rather being unable to participate in the manner I'd like to. I hope I am able to re-join when CSL transitions to DDSPB19 later this year. Until then, I'll still be participating in the Facebook Group chats, posting on these forums and am still honoring what I promised Myles and Jon earlier last month.

Take care,
Andrew
You can still stick around even without the game, as there's a few of us that don't own the game.
Cotton/Rivers/Lewis
Teodosic/Napier/Dotson
Devyn-Marble/Caboclo/Brooks
Rabb/Spellman
Cauley-Stein/Anigbogu/Welsh

User avatar
KW
CSL Champ 2017
Posts: 6007
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:18 am
Location: Matthews, NC
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: KW » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:32 pm

AC wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:19 pm
Date of absence: Present - TBA
Reason: Unable to access DDSPB3

As much as it pains me to do so, I'm going to have to step away from the league until the league fully transitions to DDSPB19. I own a MacBook and therefore have to use a Virtual Machine (VM) to access and operate Windows-based programs. Since joining the league, I've had to update my VM and in the process was unable to re-license my copy of DDSPB3. I am not stepping away out of a lack of interest in the league but rather being unable to participate in the manner I'd like to. I hope I am able to re-join when CSL transitions to DDSPB19 later this year. Until then, I'll still be participating in the Facebook Group chats, posting on these forums and am still honoring what I promised Myles and Jon earlier last month.

Take care,
Andrew
WS is good about reactivating the DDSPB3 license if you've bought it and have a code. I've had like 4 different computers since I first got the game
Image
Sanders | Pointer | Looney | Porter | Mika __ Kilpatrick | Purvis | Anunoby | Moore

User avatar
blackice
CEO
Posts: 2580
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: blackice » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:34 pm

hardenwithnod wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:23 pm
AC wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:19 pm
Date of absence: Present - TBA
Reason: Unable to access DDSPB3

As much as it pains me to do so, I'm going to have to step away from the league until the league fully transitions to DDSPB19. I own a MacBook and therefore have to use a Virtual Machine (VM) to access and operate Windows-based programs. Since joining the league, I've had to update my VM and in the process was unable to re-license my copy of DDSPB3. I am not stepping away out of a lack of interest in the league but rather being unable to participate in the manner I'd like to. I hope I am able to re-join when CSL transitions to DDSPB19 later this year. Until then, I'll still be participating in the Facebook Group chats, posting on these forums and am still honoring what I promised Myles and Jon earlier last month.

Take care,
Andrew
You can still stick around even without the game, as there's a few of us that don't own the game.
Yeah I've always had a macbook and couldn't get a VM to work so I've been without the use of the game for most of my time in the league but it's definitely possible, you just have do things a bit differently and although you're at a disadvantage it's no reason to leave the league imo.

User avatar
AC
General Manager
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 6:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Away Thread

Post Author: AC » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:40 pm

blackice wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:34 pm
hardenwithnod wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:23 pm
AC wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:19 pm
Date of absence: Present - TBA
Reason: Unable to access DDSPB3

As much as it pains me to do so, I'm going to have to step away from the league until the league fully transitions to DDSPB19. I own a MacBook and therefore have to use a Virtual Machine (VM) to access and operate Windows-based programs. Since joining the league, I've had to update my VM and in the process was unable to re-license my copy of DDSPB3. I am not stepping away out of a lack of interest in the league but rather being unable to participate in the manner I'd like to. I hope I am able to re-join when CSL transitions to DDSPB19 later this year. Until then, I'll still be participating in the Facebook Group chats, posting on these forums and am still honoring what I promised Myles and Jon earlier last month.

Take care,
Andrew
You can still stick around even without the game, as there's a few of us that don't own the game.
Yeah I've always had a macbook and couldn't get a VM to work so I've been without the use of the game for most of my time in the league but it's definitely possible, you just have do things a bit differently and although you're at a disadvantage it's no reason to leave the league imo.
VMs are quite simple to setup, updating is the only issue, at least in this situation. I don't understand how I can contribute as sole GM of a team without having a working copy. If someone can inform me of how, then I'd love to know!
'22 - '23 Philadelphia 76ers
PG: Lonzo Ball / Ray McCallum
SG: Jabari Brown / E’Twaun Moore / Josh Richardson
SF: Jabari Parker / Kevin Hervey / Jerami Grant
PF: Adreian Payne / Moritz Wagner
C: Damian Jones / Daniel Miller


10th overall pick (2023 CSL Draft)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests