League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Coach Fury Videocast 6 - [joined by Dennis] draft board II

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Coach Fury Videocast 6 - [joined by Dennis] draft board II

Post by Cleasby »

[center]Episode link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNY0R8xGC_E[/center]
Joined this time by Dennis to talk draft
Items covered this episode
1. Draft board
2. Rookie ladder so far

Logo courtesy of RiotPunch
[center]Episode link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNY0R8xGC_E[/center]
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Re: Coach Fury Videocast 6 - [joined by Dennis] draft board

Post by OneNole »

Am i the only one that thinks it's wrong to overhype players beyond where they should be so that perhaps a better player falls to the team's that may be in the "know"

If you're going to write about a player, write about them, you obviously don't have to share everything but to falsify info just doesn't sit right. Let's try to level the playing field a bit can we.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Depends. If it's from a GM that's gamesmanship. If it's from the draft team No I don't like it at all. There supposed to be our worlds version of DX or Chad Fraud. They should keep it 100 or just leave details out.
Cleveland Cavaliers

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

drumr wrote:Depends. If it's from a GM that's gamesmanship. If it's from the draft team No I don't like it at all. There supposed to be our worlds version of DX or Chad Fraud. They should keep it 100 or just leave details out.
Agreed, however in this instance its from the official unofficial rookie head

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but I agree that these types of info should be good/accurate info, and not a bunch of misdirection, especially when the scouting system is harder now, and the last thing we need are GMs wasting their scouts due to such misdirection. I'll comment more once I'm thorough with this podcast.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Brett about known and unknown you are an expert, so you should know. And no. Who thinks thst everything written by the draftteam should be 100% accurate is wrong. There is a reason for scouting. Look, for example Brett is pretty much inactive. No activity at all besides some comments here and there. Others, like Doug, Tim, or whoever, post many articles and they need reward. So two options:
A) the info aren't 100%accurate but still true as they give a good hint about a players skillset and only the scouting gives you a 100 accurate knowledge , or,
B) inactives like Brett aren't allowed to have access to the articles.

That's it pretty much.

Ps: it's not about having players fall to knowing teams. So far, besides last season, no gm from the draftteam even had a pick. And even last year drumr for example was aware of cordi or gbi. So stop making something out of nothing fool. Or maybe someone will start making something out of something.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

I am pretty sure you were aware of ratings last season....

Of course you would not agree, you're the one that does it. I am just curious if the remainder agree.

But I do love your reasoning behind it. The people that put in the work, reap the rewards. That's very republican of you...... well done Dennis!

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

OneNole wrote:I am pretty sure you were aware of ratings last season....

Of course you would not agree, you're the one that does it. I am just curious if the remainder agree.

But I do love your reasoning behind it. The people that put in the work, reap the rewards. That's very republican of you...... well done Dennis!
It's not that we are lying about ratings. We might just not be 100%accurate. So if we say he's a good defender he might be a good defender for us. Like he's in the mid 60s. But for you a good defender is everything above 80. So you get what I mean.

Also, what you want to say with your first sentence? I don't get it. Of course I knew ratings, never said something different.

But yeah, so if that's a problem we will change it next season. So people will only have access to the articles when they were eligible for scouting. Then the posts will be 100% accurate.

CSL Champions Image 2028

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Dennis wrote:
OneNole wrote:I am pretty sure you were aware of ratings last season....

It's not that we are lying about ratings. We might just not be 100%accurate. So if we say he's a good defender he might be a good defender for us. Like he's in the mid 60s. But for you a good defender is everything above 80. So you get what I mean.

Also, what you want to say with your first sentence? I don't get it. Of course I knew ratings, never said something different.

But yeah, so if that's a problem we will change it next season. So people will only have access to the articles when they were eligible for scouting. Then the posts will be 100% accurate.
i am pretty sure you have had draft picks in the past and have always known ratings

you also inflate players values on facebook, so lets not pretend its draft articles alone

but I have stated my opinion. you should be surprised, you would think I would agree with your non liberal approach

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Oh yeah Facebook is not official, I'm a gm over there. Not someone who writes articles on Facebook thst are meant to be accurate at all, lol. When you are talking about Facebook you should know it's just trash talk over there lol.

You can check, as far as I remember the last time I had a pick and drafted someone before last season was Yogi Ferrell. Thst was like 4 to 5 seasons ago.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Just to give an example of hype or not hype. So thst you guys get it's not about lying or making up false statements.
For example player x was rated as a D shooter. So thst definitely didn't help to hype him. But what does a D shooter mean? Is it..
A) he won't be efficient at all, or
B) He's efficient around the rim (like 45% overall) but just can't hit any j's and 3s.

So if you want to hype a player or if only FG% matters to you, you would say he's an "B shooter". If you 're someone who looks at J% Or 3%, you might say he's a "D-shooter". So those information aren't wrong. You just need to verify them for your own via scouting. You got what I mean with "hyping" I think. Having different evaluations makes it so interesting.

CSL Champions Image 2028

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

After listening to it now, I think it's fine. Dennis mentioned about hyping up guys who aren't really worthy of lottery picks (Van Fleet/Lo) to higher position in order to create some interesting draft board is fine, as most teams didn't fall for it due to scouting anyways.

However with the scouting changing this year, the scouting is not as accurate, so I would hope there's a little less misdirection. I am fine with less obvious info of course, but misdirections kind of makes it tough when the system has already been changed to a higher difficulty IMO.

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

hardenwithnod wrote:After listening to it now, I think it's fine. Dennis mentioned about hyping up guys who aren't really worthy of lottery picks (Van Fleet/Lo) to higher position in order to create some interesting draft board is fine, as most teams didn't fall for it due to scouting anyways.

However with the scouting changing this year, the scouting is not as accurate, so I would hope there's a little less misdirection. I am fine with less obvious info of course, but misdirections kind of makes it tough when the system has already been changed to a higher difficulty IMO.
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

I'd prefer to have no information than misdirection - less work for draft team also.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Also I want to add that I appreciate all the work, and info. Just giving some feedback, but I have been enjoying the draft process since I got here. Thank you, gents.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

I assume none of you read my comments. If you did, you would have noticed there is no misdirection. It's something Brett made up because he often makes up things. You should read my comment concerning shooting grades above to get what "hype" means. I think Brett is still mad because he traded a bunch of picks for a mediocre player some time ago haha.

CSL Champions Image 2028

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Or how you brag over your misdirection and how you got player x to jump all the way up to mid lotto.

Unfortunately, you never learned how to operate the draft class from najira and jem.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

OneNole wrote:Or how you brag over your misdirection and how you got player x to jump all the way up to mid lotto.

Unfortunately, you never learned how to operate the draft class from najira and jem.
Name one player that was drafted too high because of me. Of course you push some players more due to more media awareness. Like FVV has been part of many articles to raise his stock. But it wasn't wrong information at all. You pretend I do something that's completely not true. I mean go and search for an article in which I lied or didn't tell the truth. They are all saved here on the forums.

So let's stop the bullshit here or you will have me getting started to talk about you.

CSL Champions Image 2028

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

I think i made my point. And others mentioned they would rather have no info than bad info.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

OneNole wrote:I think i made my point. And others mentioned they would rather have no info than bad info.
Yeah I can make points too without backing them up with proof.
But it's no problem. I will just edit the acess to the MSN-BC channel. If you don't want our bad info, it's okay. It's not a must to read it.
If anyone else wants to not be bothered by seeing that forum you can send me a message.

So, I think we said everything.

CSL Champions Image 2028