Just got around to listening. Hopefully I made it quite clear in my explanation (I don't get why you guys didn't just scroll down to my explanation of the deal instead of just speculating -- it was literally on that page), but here it is again (sigh):
1) We regretted taking on Mudiays massive contract -- Kanter is expiring
2) Before this deal, the Clippers pick was not going to be Top 5.
3) Sexton, Alkins, and Metu are all talents that we like and fit our roster perfectly.
4) We now have an insane amount of salary coming off the books in Hayward, Love, Butler, and Kanter.
5) We now have a young core of PGs Sexton & Okobo, | SGs Alkins & Okogie | SFs Winslow & Brooks | PFs Ojeleye & Metu | Cs Patton & Lual-Acuil AND $35M in cap space this offseason to swing for a superstar or 2. That seemed healthier to us than having Mudiay eat up an almost-max slot and then have what could end up up being a late lottery pick in the LAC pick.
As always, enjoyed the listen!
Sexton | Alkins | Winslow | Love | Patton
Okobo | Okogie | Butler | Ojeleye | Lual-Acuil