League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Kevin Durant Watching Finals Carefully

NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

Kevin Durant Watching Finals Carefully

Post by NanashiWake »

According to multiple sources close to the superstar forward who will be an unrestricted free-agent this upcoming off-season, Durant is watching this NBA Finals between the Pelicans and the Pistons, very closely to factor it into his decision of which team's uniform he will be wearing next season. The Pelicans are considered by some the favorites to sign Durant and the star wants to see how the team functions and is coached being in such a high pressure situation. Durant will be looking to see what weaknesses the team has and if he is the right piece to fit in.
Durant is reportedly leaning between three franchises; Heat, Pelicans and the Spurs, as to were he will be playing after this off-season, however the same sources we referenced claimed that he has kept an open mind and wants to hear from every single team that is interested to make sure there isn't a situation that sounds great that he is perhaps overlooking. Nothing is for sure except the fact that if the Pelicans wish to add Kevin Durant, their first championship banner wouldn't hurt to add to their pitch.
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Re: Kevin Durant Watching Finals Carefully

Post by Sun Scorched »

I mean, if we win the Championship without Durant.... I don't know that we'll be all that quick to need to go sign him..... haha. Don't want to mess with Davis' zen, at all.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

The Heat are interesting. If they had Lebron and Durant I wonder if there would be enough balls to go around. Agree with Jace though on messing with the true best player in the leagues (AD) mojo.

Cyrisnyte
General Manager

Post by Cyrisnyte »

Ha!
Harrison -- Young --- ZDK --- AA --- WCJ
Duval -- O'Neale -- Okeke -- Reid -- N'Diaye

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Would look great in purple and gold. IJS.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Sun Scorched wrote:I mean, if we win the Championship without Durant.... I don't know that we'll be all that quick to need to go sign him..... haha. Don't want to mess with Davis' zen, at all.
You're a filthy liar and you know it! :lol:

But seriously, if you win the title this season, it would almost be boring adding Durant to the team.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Miami? I don't see it.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

If the ball dominant mantra holds form, it should only be the Spurs. Not enough touches to go around in Miami or New Orleans given Durant is a forward and they already have dominant forwards.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

I think Orlando makes perfect sense :D

Realistically though I could see him go to NO

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF J Isaac| C M Williams

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Rizzo wrote:
Sun Scorched wrote:I mean, if we win the Championship without Durant.... I don't know that we'll be all that quick to need to go sign him..... haha. Don't want to mess with Davis' zen, at all.
You're a filthy liar and you know it! :lol:

But seriously, if you win the title this season, it would almost be boring adding Durant to the team.
I agree completely. In fact, the only reason I'd even consider pursuing Durant is the arrogance of SAS and the doubt throughout the league that Durant would take a couple mil less to play next to Davis on a championship calibre squad.

But again, agree it would seem anti-competitive.

Cyrisnyte
General Manager

Post by Cyrisnyte »

Arrogance? ha ha

Like I've said before. IF and yes it is IF, Durant follows suit with what his #1 trait is, than he will resign with San Antonio. I'm not the person who made Durant have Greed as his #1 intangible in the game. I'm simply saying that is what it is.

I think plenty of GMs here know that I'm pretty far from arrogant. Just if I go to a Chinese restaurant, I don't order a chicken fried steak, I order Chinese food. If KD is all about the money, than he will stay in San Antonio.

I understand we have player agents and that is awesome, but if they are basing their client off their intangibles than no one can offer Durant more than the Spurs.

At the end of the day, if he stays with us we will be thrilled. If chooses to go elsewhere, the sun will still come up tomorrow and we will just have to retool. Only the agency and time will tell.
Harrison -- Young --- ZDK --- AA --- WCJ
Duval -- O'Neale -- Okeke -- Reid -- N'Diaye

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Cyrisnyte wrote:Arrogance? ha ha

Like I've said before. IF and yes it is IF, Durant follows suit with what his #1 trait is, than he will resign with San Antonio. I'm not the person who made Durant have Greed as his #1 intangible in the game. I'm simply saying that is what it is.

I think plenty of GMs here know that I'm pretty far from arrogant. Just if I go to a Chinese restaurant, I don't order a chicken fried steak, I order Chinese food. If KD is all about the money, than he will stay in San Antonio.

I understand we have player agents and that is awesome, but if they are basing their client off their intangibles than no one can offer Durant more than the Spurs.

At the end of the day, if he stays with us we will be thrilled. If chooses to go elsewhere, the sun will still come up tomorrow and we will just have to retool. Only the agency and time will tell.
You know what?

I'm completely okay with the sim deciding this? In fact, that may be the way to go for both LeBron and Durant. That way there are no hard feelings and the PAs can focus on other things.

Just a thought.

And by the way, I agree that money is important to Durant.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

I hope he stays in SA but isn't that the point of agents? To add to what the game cannot do? Otherwise why bother and the league should just use the game.

With agents, they should watch your draft, any trades you make to improve the team, the fact they're dealing with a superstar player which carries it's own set of non-game intangibles and decide based on that. Not on his simple greed rating which as I said, use the game only if we're going to base it on that.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Opps

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Chinese food sounds so good right about now. Mmmmm

But anyway Durant's best bet to win is the Pelicans, but if he's all about the cash then Spurs are the obvious choice.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

There will be special treatment for durant and lebron. Right now, the only teams I could see him going to are Detroit and New Orleans. Boston, Toronto, Miami, Chicago etc? I don't see it. Detroit completely destroyed the east and New Orleans will get way better because of the the endurance jump. If Jon can create the space for him or is willing to do a S&T they are my favorites. Else I believe he will sign with NO. It hurts to say it as Jeff is a good friend, but I think he will have like 1 maybe two teams he could trade with it durant wants to leave. Just my thoughts. (Before anyone is thinking I announce insider information or shouldn't talk that open as an admin, I'm no PA...)
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Ah and I have to add that one..
Call me emotional, say that I never can hold back my opinion and sometimes say stupid things or whatsoever. It would be spot on. You could even call me arrogant to some degree. Or a bad loser or what ever you want. It might be spot on in my case. But Jeff is the least person I ever would call arrogant. I can't even find a negative character trait of Jeff. Some might not no him very well, but man he's one of the best guys I've ever met. I'm sure jace wasn't referring to your character though. More to your expectation KD stays. While I think it will be difficult, there is nothing bad in hoping for the best.

CSL Champions Image 2028

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

If I was Durant - last thing I'd do is sign with a team that is already a contender - have some self respect dude. You are arguably the best player in the game and you are going to come in as a role player still in your prime? How about signing with a team that actually needs you to get over the hump?
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Good point by Andrei IMO

CSL Champions Image 2028

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Hate to be that guy and cyrisnyte is cool but let's please not act like Durant is a gold digger as if money would be his sole reason for choosing a team.

Even irl OKC is sweating about him leaving and they have a championship caliber team that can't stay healthy enough to get over the hump and the CSL Spurs aren't on that tier.

Gonna take a major trade for him to stay imo and that may not be enough unfortunately...just depends on the move cause it was a gamble from the start even trading for him and it was known.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF J Isaac| C M Williams