League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Miami Motivated To Keep LeBron James

NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

Miami Motivated To Keep LeBron James

Post by NanashiWake »

With the recent play of the Miami Heat (advancing to the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals), a lot of people have been impressed and assuming that the reason for the sudden surge has been the upcoming decision (pun intended) for LeBron James.
Sources close to the situation said that although LeBron will wait to make a final decision, he has been extremely impressed with his teammates play. Many people assumed that LeBron was almost a sure-thing when it came to leaving the roster even as few as a couple months back. However, when control of the team's roster went to GM Silogical, the atmosphere seemed to have changed and a more serious approach was taken from the staff. Since then it's felt like we as fans, have been watching a completely different team. In Miami they knew all along they could compete with the teams leading the Eastern Conference, now is their time to prove it and show LeBron the potential of this team.
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Re: Miami Motivated To Keep LeBron James

Post by Sun Scorched »

Miami has put themselves into a MUCH better position, no doubt. But LeBron is still a UFA and he's the best player in the league - he won't be lacking in interest.

Plus, I think, both LeBron and Durant know that wherever they go they essentially make that team a playoff team... they are, in effect, the reason their teams even perform to the level they do.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

I havnt spoken with Lebron regarding Free agency yet. We're too focused on the playoffs. I have heard rumors that the city/market is important to lebron and the cities/market he really likes that also made the playoffs or came close are:

In no particular order
Miami
New York
Chicago
LAC
Golden State
Boston
Houston
Cleveland - didnt come close to making the playoffs so this must be lebrons hometown exception.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

The fact that Miami has had a revolving door at GM has led to the assumption that he'll test free agency. Past GMs have wasted 2.5 years of his prime by not even bothering to update DCs. It has been painful to watch the best player in the CSL essentially rot on Miami.

Silogical has them playing well at the right time though and he's been pretty active since taking over the team mid-year, so he might be able to talk LeBron into staying. We'll see this summer.

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Silogical wrote:I havnt spoken with Lebron regarding Free agency yet. We're too focused on the playoffs. I have heard rumors that the city/market is important to lebron and the cities/market he really likes that also made the playoffs or came close are:

In no particular order
Miami
New York
Chicago
LAC
Golden State
Boston
Houston
Cleveland - didnt come close to making the playoffs so this must be lebrons hometown exception.
Hahaha. None of those teams have cap space. ;)

Lucky for us, the whole "market" BS that plagues the NBA doesn't hurt us in NOLA here in the CSL. Haha.

But LeBron is safe from us. So don't worry.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

The way the Heat are playing with a solid GM now and IF they renounce Bosh I truly believe OTHER TEAMS SHOULD FEAR THEIR FA LEAVING FOR MIAMI TO PLAY WITH LEBRON.

That seems to be an option that clearly was not available just a month ago and with them having LeBron's cap hold (which his decision should get resolved quickly I'd assume) and only Dirk and Lowry on the roster that's roughly about $20M left to sign a FA IF they renounce Bosh which could be an option.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF J Isaac| C M Williams

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

WillyJakkz wrote:The way the Heat are playing with a solid GM now and IF they renounce Bosh I truly believe OTHER TEAMS SHOULD FEAR THEIR FA LEAVING FOR MIAMI TO PLAY WITH LEBRON.

That seems to be an option that clearly was not available just a month ago and with them having LeBron's cap hold (which his decision should get resolved quickly I'd assume) and only Dirk and Lowry on the roster that's roughly about $20M left to sign a FA IF they renounce Bosh which could be an option.
Totally agree and a very good point. Something most of the GMs were not thinking about
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I think LeBron and every other UFA on Miami. Should leave for another team. Just my two cents. I definitely do not have their pick next year or anything.

Rob
Senior Vice President

Post by Rob »

WillyJakkz wrote:The way the Heat are playing with a solid GM now and IF they renounce Bosh I truly believe OTHER TEAMS SHOULD FEAR THEIR FA LEAVING FOR MIAMI TO PLAY WITH LEBRON.

Wow thats crazy if it happens tho

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Myles wrote:I think LeBron and every other UFA on Miami. Should leave for another team. Just my two cents. I definitely do not have their pick next year or anything.
:lol: :lol:
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

If Deron Williams opts out we will have money to spend to lure The king to the Detroit where he belongs.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

emplep7 wrote:If Deron Williams opts out we will have money to spend to lure The king to the Detroit where he belongs.
Don't see Deron getting 22+ in free agency so you would assume he opts in. Even if he opted out though, with cap holds and your 1st round pick, I don't think you would have 24.5 million in space to offer LeBron a max deal.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

bt wrote:
emplep7 wrote:If Deron Williams opts out we will have money to spend to lure The king to the Detroit where he belongs.
Don't see Deron getting 22+ in free agency so you would assume he opts in. Even if he opted out though, with cap holds and your 1st round pick, I don't think you would have 24.5 million in space to offer LeBron a max deal.
The game doesn't have human logic and we have seen suspect options picked up/not picked up by the game before so it's entirely possibly. Drummonds cap hold is small, only Horfords will be big and with a trade I have lined up, I will have just over 24.5 to offer when all is said and done.

bt

Post by bt »

Well, lets hope neither you or the Pelicans get any big names. Sure fire way to ruin the enjoyment for others if teams get too OP.
sacramento kings

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

bt wrote:Well, lets hope neither you or the Pelicans get any big names. Sure fire way to ruin the enjoyment for others if teams get too OP.
Right - and this is something I've struggled with - but do you not pursue a big name free agent if you have a shot?

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Sun Scorched wrote:
bt wrote:Well, lets hope neither you or the Pelicans get any big names. Sure fire way to ruin the enjoyment for others if teams get too OP.
Right - and this is something I've struggled with - but do you not pursue a big name free agent if you have a shot?
As the GM of a team whose title hopes would shrink significantly if the Pelicans managed to sign one of the big fish, you absolutely have to do what is best for you team. It then becomes a challenge for the other teams to catch up.

bt

Post by bt »

Sun Scorched wrote:
Of course. Hope for other teams and what you would try and do if you're Detroit or New Orleans are completely independent.

It will balance anyway if the league keeps the cap the same for a while. Detroit land LeBron on 24.5 and if Horford gets 20 and Drummond 17, that's a lot of money for three players. They sacrifice elsewhere.
sacramento kings

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Yeah still not really a fan of the new cap. It changed the balance of the league too much. Anyway, will be an interesting offseason. If Detroit or NOP land LBJ or KD we all can start to rebuild :lol: .
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Dennis wrote:Yeah still not really a fan of the new cap. It changed the balance of the league too much. Anyway, will be an interesting offseason. If Detroit or NOP land LBJ or KD we all can start to rebuild :lol: .
Yeah - don't disagree re: the new cap, but we'd have max cap space either way!

;)

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

You gotta go for him and I wouldn't mind the challenge of trying to go up against them with such a stacked squad, that's what makes it interesting to me, just like the '10-'14 Heat.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF J Isaac| C M Williams