League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Minnesota / Charlotte / Milwaukee

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Minnesota / Charlotte / Milwaukee

Post by mgtr81 »

MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

SEND
Dzanan Musa - $14,300,000
Usman Garuba - $2,143,745
Total sent: $16,443,475

RECEIVE
Brandon Ingram - $20,543,250
Total received - $20,543,250

CHARLOTTE HORNETS

SEND
Grant Williams - $17,358,250
Total sent: $17,358,250

RECEIVE
Joel Embiid - $5,500,000
Vlatko Cancar - $2,000,000
Bucks 2032 1st round pick
Bucks 2034 1st round pick
Total received: $7,500,000

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

SEND
Brandon Ingram - $20,543,250
Joel Embiid - $5,500,000
Vlatko Cancar - $2,000,000
Bucks 2032 1st round pick
Bucks 2034 1st round pick
Total sent: $28,043,250

RECEIVE
Dzanan Musa - $14,300,000
Usman Garuba - $2,143,745
Grant Williams - $17,358,250
Total received: $33,801,725

Does this trade line up with the consecutive picks rule? Yes.
Does this trade put anyone over the roster limit of 15? No.
Is this trade within the financial restrictions of each team involved? Yes.
Have any of the players listed above been with the receiving team(s) within a full season cycle? No.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Re: Minnesota / Charlotte / Milwaukee

Post by Dylan »

CHA accepts. We liked Grant a lot, but got everything we wanted out of this deal. More salary cap space in an offseason where hardly anyone else does, expirings, and two firsts. Good dealing fellas!

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Bucks agree. This season showed us that a change was needed. After so many seasons, one of Ingram or Brown was meant to leave, as those are the two players who could allowed us to add the pieces we needed. We lose one of the best and most underrated defenders in the league. Embiid and Cancar are basically salary fillers. The two picks are difficult to predict, specially the 2034 one, but that's a risk you need to take when you want to acquire talented players. We acquire three players we like and that I think can be key pieces moving forward. We tried to get Williams last offseason but we couldn't, so happy to get him now. He will provide the rebounding we were missing since moving Carter, but without the issues Carter had. Garuba can develop into a very good defensive player who can contribute to many areas. Musa is versatile and talented player that will add to the team everywhere.

Nice dealing Alex and Dylan. The negotiations were very smooth.
ImageImageImageImageImage

AlexS
General Manager

Post by AlexS »

Timberwolves accept. Adding Ingram just makes perfect sense. I agree with manu in that Ingram is one of the most underrated defenders in the league and gives us a true wing stopper, and with Simmons and Bol could be the best 3-5 defensive trio in the league. Offensively Ingram makes a lot of sense too. He will space the floor better than Musa and I’m really excited to see what he can do as the #2 option in an offense. We will continue to lower Simons usage (he averaged 22/7/4 and one of the lowest TOV% of all PGs in the league after he was acquired) to being the #3 option and primary playmaker next season. This trade also opens up minutes for Wilkes and Tadas at SG, with Wilkes profiling as a perfect 3+D glue guy with Tadas providing more of an offensive punch.

Losing Musa and Garuba isn’t easy as I’m a huge fan of both of them. Musa struggled with the transition to this engine and isn’t the player that I traded for anymore. But I have no doubt that manu can improve his play, and am a little worried that he can bounce back to being a force again in a new engine. Garuba is almost the perfect role player, he is awesome on defense, rebounds, and is an efficient shooter. But I just don’t think he shoots it enough to be an all star type contributor. Great dealings guys and good luck next season.

The Simmer
The Simmer Supreme

Post by The Simmer »

Approved