League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO

Trade Chatter

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Re: Trade Chatter

Post by Dylan »

emplep7 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:14 pm Overall, it’s not terrible but I feel like LAC is rushing their window instead of sticking to the plan they have executed so well to this point. Maybe they become next years Warriors though.
part of it for me was *not* rushing the window actually. getting a mid 20's guy under a solid contract and not some of the options i was offered that were around 30 years old made a difference.

i have a core with one player older than 26 and in line for potentially 2 max contracts next off-season.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

This might be the single best trade Phil's ever made. Offloading Sexton for Kennard = big win.

Collins can't hit the broad side of a barn and is really dumb, so I had no interest in him.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Jestor wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:16 pm This might be the single best trade Phil's ever made. Offloading Sexton for Kennard = big win.

Collins can't hit the broad side of a barn and is really dumb, so I had no interest in him.
His shooting looked decent to me
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I have to say I hate some of the deals that have been done so far.. specially the Clippers / Kings and this Portland / Chicago

Birutis is good but Smart is a top-20 player in the league. Huge steal by Rhox. Absolutely massive steal right there.
#1 L.Ball #2 J.Murray #23 B.Bowen #35 M.Wagner #44 B.Adebayo
#16 J.Evans ?? M.Louzada #38 M.Gbijine #52 C.Swanigan ?? I.Fall Faye

18-19 Champions Image
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah #0 L.Stephenson

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

A decent amount of trade but I was actually expecting more. I think a few teams would have been better off being patient instead of rushing into trades, but that happens every year.

I'm not a fan of Washington's trade of pick 6 at all. It may not he a stud frady but there are a couple starters there. I'd all but guarantee philly's pick is a bench player and I will be shocked if Washington still has Clevelands pick by the time it conveys.

Didnt really care for the blazers lakers trade for either side. Didnt seem to make sense, but maybe phil can retrade tavares to a contender for something that will help their core.

I understand Dylan's reasoning for doing the trade if reddish didnt develop much. But there are a ton of players that develop more later, that is still a ton to give up for a good not great pg in this league. The clippers arent ready to move towards being a contender yet, so why rush into something you know is an overpay?

Very interesting parker trade. I'll be curious to see who takes a step back, if either, between sjj and parker. Not sure how this one will work out. Intrigued to find out though.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:26 am I have to say I hate some of the deals that have been done so far.. specially the Clippers / Kings and this Portland / Chicago

Birutis is good but Smart is a top-20 player in the league. Huge steal by Rhox. Absolutely massive steal right there.
I wanted Doug to make a play for birutis but definitely would not have offered anywhere near that kind of value. I do think tim needed to trade smart, but just another trade that felt rushed and could easily have waited for the season to begin to explore value

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

OneNole wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:43 am
I wanted Doug to make a play for birutis but definitely would not have offered anywhere near that kind of value. I do think tim needed to trade smart, but just another trade that felt rushed and could easily have waited for the season to begin to explore value
I've actually been discussing Smart deals for weeks and was on the verge of rejecting all offers and waiting until the deadline until rhox and I got into discussing Birutis and Smart and going back and forth on it over several days.

Birutis was the best asset I was offered. So other teams can argue that their current offer was better, but for me, based on the situation we were in with the other moves, it wasn't about the most assets - it was about the best one.

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:26 am I have to say I hate some of the deals that have been done so far.. specially the Clippers / Kings and this Portland / Chicago
So what are your thoughts on the clippers deal? Haven’t heard it from ya

Silogical
CEO

Post by Silogical »

PHX/PHI/DET/SAC are 4 teams that know there shit and will burn everyone they trade with so i wont comment on those trades.

I dont hate birutis for Smart. The main problem is he's not good enough to lead portland to the 2nd round, but he improves them enough to not land a quality pick.

I view kennard as negative value so not a of fan of trading sexton for him.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Dylan wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:02 am
So what are your thoughts on the clippers deal? Haven’t heard it from ya
Well, the first Clippers / Kings deal, there was an extra lottery first there.
If it was Cousins and Solomon for Reddish and Turner it would be a perfectly good one, one I’d take if I were Sacramento definitely, I still don’t know if I would trade Reddish and Turner for Cousins and a 34 year old Solomon if I ran LA.
Adding #7 which should guarantee a future starter in this league, that was too much. Cousins is good not great, he posted much better stats than his ratings suggests this season and must do it again for like 2-3 years to be worthy that kind of package.

The other deal, it makes a lot of sense. Kennard is a complementary starting piece on a sizeable but fair deal, Collins is a complementary starting piece on a sizeable but fair deal. Overall, a good deal for everyone involved.
#1 L.Ball #2 J.Murray #23 B.Bowen #35 M.Wagner #44 B.Adebayo
#16 J.Evans ?? M.Louzada #38 M.Gbijine #52 C.Swanigan ?? I.Fall Faye

18-19 Champions Image
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah #0 L.Stephenson

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Birutis is a good young big for sure, I just would have expected more on top of just Birutis. I don’t actually understand the deal for Chicago as I think they are the perfect team to start a rebuild. Smart and Exum are a great 1-2 punch but after them that team is pretty bad overall and has no depth. They also are a team that will get zoned to death with the current makeup so the rest of the offseason is critical for them.

bt
CSL Champ 2020 & 2023

Post by bt »

I actually love British and tried to get him many times from rhoxxy without any luck haha but although Smart is the superior talent, he's 31 and a good age for the Bulls core. Blazers get their Maric and a top big man talent.
sacramento kings

isaiah cousins | jaylen adams | abdoulaye ndoye
dzanan musa | matisse thybulle | hamidou diallo
damien inglis | robert franks
michael porter | georgios papagiannis | tj leaf
richard solomon | bol bol | jusuf nurkic

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Jestor wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:16 pm This might be the single best trade Phil's ever made. Offloading Sexton for Kennard = big win.

Quote Jestor about Diallo:

"He had a bad shooting year last season,' said a Blazers source. "It happens sometimes - guys just have an off year. We're not terribly worried. Those numbers will bounce back."

Ocons
CEO

Post by Ocons »

Love the activity.

Can't fault Tim for pulling the trigger. I was never interested or offered anything but could definitely have gotten more for Smart. It's just not always about that. I loved Birutis and tried like hell to pry him from Rhox. Turned out to be too tough with salaries. He's a solid big and a nice piece for Portland.

Smart is better than I thought, after looking at him, and will be solid for Chicago as they try to turn it up a notch in the East. His age is the only negative.

I've been big on Kennard and tried to grab him a couple times but was never really willing to shake it up too much for him. Once we got other 3pt shooters, I wasn't as interested. Hopefully Sexton has found a home in LAC.

Good for Jon to go in on Jabari. He definitely didn't fit in SA so hopefully this helps them too. Anxious to see what Jon can do with him now as he enters the twilight of his career as well.

Lastly, there's other but whatever, I'm a little surprised to see Hamidou move again but also not. Ryan probably could have turned him over into what he could be but has too many pieces that it's not worth the trouble. I still don't think he'll live up to what I thought he'd be and am glad we got DJ in that deal.
Image Clown.Show.League

Ramcus
Senior Vice President

Post by Ramcus »

With Eric Bledsoe now on the roster... anybody want 19mil of dead weight?
Stay Me7o Image
2022-2023 CSL Season: 30-52
2023-2024 CSL Season: 46-36
2024-2025 CSL Season: 37-45
New Orleans Pelicans GM

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

That bulls pelicans trade is a perfect example why some shouldn't be giving advice/opinions on any trade hut instead should ask others for help. And maybe. Just maybe, we can see that team no longer be irrelevant

Stockton12
Senior Vice President

Post by Stockton12 »

Wow what a steal by rhox well done

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Bledsoe has become the Shaq of the CSL
Andrew's Knicks

GDP / TJ McConnell
Terrance Ferguson / Jonathon Simmons
Allen Crabbe / KCP / Malik Pope
Zion Williamson / Vince Hunter
Jaren Jackson Jr. / WCS

TheTwoWallaces
General Manager

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

I swear almost all these trades are unequal and almost always in favor of the already better team.
PHX, CHI, PHI all winning lopsided deals in my opinion.
2025-2026 Pacers
VanVleet | Alkins | Ojeleye | Patton | Mika

TWW Pacers history
2023/24: 25-57
2024/25: 40-42
2025/26: 37-45

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I never thought Rhox would be able to offload that terrible Bledsoe contract without including a 1st round pick so I'm shocked. He's going to be hit hard with a decline this year and will be nothing more than an 8th man at best so to be able to turn that and Guler into that return is nothing short of amazing.

That trade and the cheap Smart one will be enough to make Chicago a dangerous team again.