League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

The Pressure of being CSL Champion

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Re: The Pressure of being CSL Champion

Post by Andrewu91 »

WillyJakkz wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:07 am This article definitely didn't reach its intent :lol: :lol:

Where is all of this coming from?
No idea. Just wanted to share lolz
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

bt wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:06 am I think you got the title wrong. It's more so, the pressure of being Andrew, lol.

Many champions here but none feel the pressure. You felt it even before making a single post season because of the shit talking and the 0time name.

It's definitely entertaining though.
Glad to entertain 8-)

More to come next season

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

I think most of the stuff you say you dont mean serious. Like I often kid. People are just taking it too serious at times. While you have guys like me who dont really care about it, others feel hurt really fast or complain really fast about it. Wont name GMs here.

I think you are top tier GM still, even though you are a weird guy. Still just a simleague hence I dont care much about what others think about me. You should do the same.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Did I miss something on the Facebook chat? Hope these comments weren't in regards to what I/we said because if someone takes it that serious of tho is that's harmful than you need a reality check. Lol

Ps: I didn't even read the article, just commented for a quick and easy dig. Xoxo
Clown.Show.League

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dennis wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:11 am I think most of the stuff you say you dont mean serious. Like I often kid. People are just taking it too serious at times. While you have guys like me who dont really care about it, others feel hurt really fast or complain really fast about it. Wont name GMs here.

I think you are top tier GM still, even though you are a weird guy. Still just a simleague hence I dont care much about what others think about me. You should do the same.
Bingo

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Ocons wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:31 am Did I miss something on the Facebook chat? Hope these comments weren't in regards to what I/we said because if someone takes it that serious of tho is that's harmful than you need a reality check. Lol

Ps: I didn't even read the article, just commented for a quick and easy dig. Xoxo
Nothing about you lol. All good

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Yeah but those guys are right. We need to keep an eye on it ourselves. I mean, Im used to that type of being due to work. You maybe due to other stuff. Not all are used to a harsh ton/that type of humor or take the simleague too honest. So we need to monitor ourselves for sure.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dennis wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:56 pm Yeah but those guys are right. We need to keep an eye on it ourselves. I mean, Im used to that type of being due to work. You maybe due to other stuff. Not all are used to a harsh ton/that type of humor or take the simleague too honest. So we need to monitor ourselves for sure.
Yeah guess no one can take German dark/blunt humor :?

So I left the chat so no more problems

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Yeah I think the overly sensitive guys here are the same ones who take shots at people but aren't used to getting shots taken at them.

On topic I laughed because you acted like it was a foregone conclusion you would have beaten Miami so the article comes off as "oh I didn't really care but if I did care you know I would've repeated so I actually am the only repeat champ in this league". You still have to play the games lol.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

I dont know what you guys are doing on FB chat but the boards seem pretty tame.
I think you got the title wrong. It's more so, the pressure of being Andrew, lol.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Silogical wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:43 pm I dont know what you guys are doing on FB chat but the boards seem pretty tame.
I think you got the title wrong. It's more so, the pressure of being Andrew, lol.
It's a war zone out there

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

You're a proven champion and this offseason will be crucial for the development of this franchise. Again, you will have to figure out the financials and your core is a year older but I love your team.
Ball is Life.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

blackice wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:46 pm You're a proven champion and this offseason will be crucial for the development of this franchise. Again, you will have to figure out the financials and your core is a year older but I love your team.
Thanks bro

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

I left the infamous facebook thread a long time ago, so I can't touch upon what goes on there. For the most part, I don't have an issue with you shit-talking on here. Do I think it's pretty stupid (and downright laughable) for the most part? Of course, but if it helps get you motivated, you do you.

My main issue is when you shit-talk 2/3 of the league, and then you complain about being "targeted" (as you put it). I'm sorry, but that goes with the territory. You want to talk smack, then you better put on your big boy pants because, inevitably, people are going to come back at you in one form or another. Some may do it by talking smack back. Others will respond in other ways.

So if you're going to "talk the talk", go for it. But no one wants to hear you complaining about being "targeted". You put that target on yourself. That being said, you can certainly take it off yourself too. Simply stop talking so much crap for a while. My guess is you won't do that, which is fine. Just don't complain about what happens afterwards.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

GreenBear wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:07 am I left the infamous facebook thread a long time ago, so I can't touch upon what goes on there. For the most part, I don't have an issue with you shit-talking on here. Do I think it's pretty stupid (and downright laughable) for the most part? Of course, but if it helps get you motivated, you do you.

My main issue is when you shit-talk 2/3 of the league, and then you complain about being "targeted" (as you put it). I'm sorry, but that goes with the territory. You want to talk smack, then you better put on your big boy pants because, inevitably, people are going to come back at you in one form or another. Some may do it by talking smack back. Others will respond in other ways.

So if you're going to "talk the talk", go for it. But no one wants to hear you complaining about being "targeted". You put that target on yourself. That being said, you can certainly take it off yourself too. Simply stop talking so much crap for a while. My guess is you won't do that, which is fine. Just don't complain about what happens afterwards.
I wish you knew the whole story. I won't go into detail unless you ask via pm. So you could understand. Let this thread die...

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Well it's always a shame if people.thst try to deal out to others can't stand if they get feedback on it. It's clearly the case in Andrew's case.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dennis wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:33 am Well it's always a shame if people.thst try to deal out to others can't stand if they get feedback on it. It's clearly the case in Andrew's case.
Negative. more to it. Message me if you want the real details

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Andrewu91 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:47 am
Dennis wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:33 am Well it's always a shame if people.thst try to deal out to others can't stand if they get feedback on it. It's clearly the case in Andrew's case.
Why do you keep saying that?
I mean, you talked, talked, talked, lots of shit talk and once you lost and couldn't back your talk down with another ring, you started sounding like people are trying to put you down..
Many have won before and that same amount that has won hasn't been targeted. Instead, they were almost all humble and worked quietly into trying to get another ring (and failed like you did, which is normal in a very balanced league). But since they didn't shit talk more than half of the league, nothing happened.

And now you seem like a broken record saying there are details and that kind of stuff.. I don't get it!
You want to shit talk, you can do it, nobody complained about you doing that. But please man up and back it up even if you lose. There's no problem in saying "hey I thought it was easier but yeah, nobody won twice in a row because it's a pretty hard thing to do". That's better than start complaining half the league is after you.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:52 am
Andrewu91 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:47 am
Why do you keep saying that?
I mean, you talked, talked, talked, lots of shit talk and once you lost and couldn't back your talk down with another ring, you started sounding like people are trying to put you down..
Many have won before and that same amount that has won hasn't been targeted. Instead, they were almost all humble and worked quietly into trying to get another ring (and failed like you did, which is normal in a very balanced league). But since they didn't shit talk more than half of the league, nothing happened.

And now you seem like a broken record saying there are details and that kind of stuff.. I don't get it!
You want to shit talk, you can do it, nobody complained about you doing that. But please man up and back it up even if you lose. There's no problem in saying "hey I thought it was easier but yeah, nobody won twice in a row because it's a pretty hard thing to do". That's better than start complaining half the league is after you.
What are you talking about? Lmao
I congratulated bt for beating me. I lost plain and simple.

Stop being mad I won't trade qi and holiday for Capela. We used to be friends but you changed man.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

You learned how to talk less and work more when you were not a champion. We used to be friends even though the league hated you because I saw you changing for the best. I even suggested you some deals.

Then you won it all and regressed and got even worse than you used to be.
Some will reply, some will make fun. I've had enough of that shit talk.
That was never my offer, btw. Stop being an a-hole.

From this moment on I'll ignore your existence in the league. It will make it more enjoyable.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns