League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Celtics targeting Musa?

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Celtics targeting Musa?

Post by Dennis »

Boston, Massachussets - Was it all just a smoke screen? That's what many journalists around the league were asking themselves after they heard that the team in green has been sending several scouts to Croatia to watch Musa play with his european team Cedevita in EuroLeague. He had a great showing displaying his great all around game by putting up 10 points, 4 assists, 6 rebounds and a block along with solid shooting numbers. It wouldnt be a suprise, given the Celtics GM prefers international prospects over ones from the States (recent picks Haiti, Nigeria, 3x France, Iceland with Fox being the only American). But how did the reporters figure out the Celtics were taking a closer look at the young european? Reports are having that a confidential message from the chat between draft-head Adam Rizzo and Dennis was leaked to the media that reportedly said the Celtics are focussing on Musa.

Rizzo reportedly shared this screenshot with the Moungey Post

Celtics GM Dennis was around for just a very short statement:"We won't give away who we are targeting. But I can confirm that we are looking at many possibilities and if a veteran GM like Marcos Beck is praising a young player you have to do your duties. I won't tell you if he's on our shortlist or not, but I can't deny that he's a talented young player. A lot might come down to the interview later on anyway. We are looking for a great roleplayer that fits our chemistry so a lot will depend on the players characters. Anyhow, there are still a good chunk of scouts to be send out, so between now and the draft everything is possible. I think the top5 is set and afterwards it is an open race between like 5-6 players. It makes it tough to pick seventh, but we are still able to get the best of the rest and we will make sure it's gonna be the right decision."
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: Celtics targeting Musa?

Post by KW »

lol

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

BizGilwalker wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:45 amlol
olo
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I won't comment. But I stand by what I said. I like him.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

This is the other guy I didn't get back scouts that differed enough to figure out the actual ratings. Frustrating, but I'll scout him again this round. Dennis and Marcos know their stuff so he's worth checking out even though I think my draft board is pretty set right now.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

I don't think Boston will take Musa in the end or he could end up just like Knox. A value pick to then hype up for a year or two and sell on. Which would be a shame for someone unique like Musa.

Therefore I think Boston will most likely deal up or out of this draft.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year