League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

2021 All Star Rosters Announced

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

2021 All Star Rosters Announced

Post by emplep7 »

Thanks to all who voted as we had 15 GMs vote in this years ASG.

Any players from teams who did not vote in the ASG who were nominated were bumped down one tier (i.e. starter to bench, first reserve to second, etc). Below are the rosters for the game tonight:

EAST

Starters - total votes (1st place votes):
Guard - Kemba Walker - 62 (10)
Guard - Damian Lillard - 23 (2)
F/C - Kahwi Leonard - 45 (6)
F/C - Ben Simmons - 56 (10)
F/C - Kevin Love - 22 (2)

Reserves:
Guard - Kyrie Irving - 65 (10) *Bumped 1 tier
Guard - Milos Teodosic - 14 (0)
F/C - Jabari Parker - 70 (14) **Eastern Conference High Vote Count - Bumped 1 tier
F/C - Andrew Wiggins - 19 (0)
F/C - Blake Griffin - 55 (8) *Bumped 1 tier

Wildcards:
Guard - Lonzo Ball - 21 (3) *Bumped 1 tier
F/C - DeAaron Fox - 17 (1) *Bumped 1 tier - Has tiebreaker over Skal Labissiere due to having more GM vote for him.

Others receiving votes: John Wall - 29 (2)*removed due to trade ineligibility, Skal Labissiere - 17 (1)*Bumped 1 tier, Lauri Markannen - 15 (0), Ben McLemore - 12 (1), Joshua Smith - 11 (1), DeMarcus Cousins - 11 (0), Khris Middleton - 10 (0), Walter Tavares - 9 (1), Joel Embiid - 8 (1), Kris Dunn - 7 (0), Andre Drummond - 6 (1), Adrien Payne - 6(0), Aaron Gordon - 6 (0), Exum - 5 (1), KCP - 4 (0), Tristan Thompson - 3 (0), Jahlil Okafor - 3 (0), Myles Turner - 1 (0).

Notes: The tier bumps will make it interesting for the East for sure and I'm a little surprised by the drop off of Exum only getting 1 vote. Also a good showing by the rookies/sophomores on this list.

WEST

Starters:
Guard - Isaiah Taylor - 46 (5)
Guard - James Harden - 49 (8)
F/C - Okaro White - 28 (3)
F/C - Kevin Durant - 34 (3)
F/C - Karl Anthony-Towns - 53 (9)

Reserves:
Guard - Paul George - 73 (14) **Western Conference High Vote Count - Bumped 1 tier
Guard - Eric Bledsoe - 31 (2)
F/C - Kristaps Porzingas - 71 (14) *Bumped 1 tier
F/C - Anthony Davis - 47 (7) *Bumped 1 tier
F/C - Isaiah Austin - 22 (2)

Wildcards:
Guard - Russell Westbrook - 41 (4) *Bumped 1 tier
Guard - Otto Porter - 25 (2) *Bumped 1 tier

Others receiving votes: Stanley Johnson Jr - 19 (0), Marcus Smart - 16 (0), Greg Monroe - 11 (0), Stephen Curry - 10 (1), Jae Crowder - 8 (1), Nikola Vucevic - 8 (0), Draymond Green - 6 (0), Al Horford - 4 (0), Cody Zeller - 4 (0), Kenneth Faried - 4 (0), MKG - 3 (0), Klay Thompson - 3 (0), Derrick Rose - 3 (0), Bryce Cotton - 3 (0), Serge Ibaka - 3 (0), Travis Trice - 1 (0), Josh Jackson - 1 (0)

Notes: Again the rosters are shuffled a bit here, but thats still a great Western starting 5 which is going to be tough for the East to overcome. Players like Klay Thompson, Greg Monroe, Steph Curry being slept on is surprising especially with the impact that the splash bros have had on their respective teams.

Congratulations to all representatives and good luck tonight!

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: 2021 All Star Rosters Announced

Post by emplep7 »

Edit: I had Ben Simmons listed as receiving all 1st place votes, however, that was carryover from last year where Blake Griffin was in the 4th starter spot.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Damn the top 3 vote getters all coming off the bench. What a shame.

StOfTheStep
Senior Vice President

Post by StOfTheStep »

my bad *hand up*

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

The proposal to leave the draft team definitely opened my eyes and made me conclude that I spend too much time on the csl. Hence only checking in more rarely. Seems I missed the vote due to that too. Sorry for suffering skal and fox! Looks like I haven't been the only one missing it though lol. Only 15 voting is the fewest we ever had I think.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Not enough GM's that voted. Otherwise, not really surprised by some of the starters.

Edit: first year Stanley hasn't been an All Star in like three years. Think my minute restriction on him, messed that up.
Last edited by Andrewu91 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

KAT>KP anyway lol :P

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

The lack of GM voting this year has really caused some massive shuffles in these line ups, nice to see Milos making it again. Congrats to all players who are selected to these teams.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Myles Turner gets no love!
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

2 starters thanks to GMs not voting haha. Nice representation between Taylor, Okaro and Austin.

Curry missing the ASG sucks, but it's tough for guards to make the ASG in the West. There's only 4 spots + potentially 2 WC spots. And the West has very strong guards. It is kinda surprising that he didn't get more votes, but I don't think it would've mattered anyway given that Kevin didn't vote. Best case scenario (given the guards in the West) is that he would've gotten a WC spot and been bumped a tier right off the team regardless.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Happy to have the #1 vote getter. Not sure who the idiot was that didnt vote him as a starter though as he was far and away the mvp of the first half of the season.

I was hoping rose and Faried would have received more love. I didn't think Rose would have made it but zmI think his play was just as good as Currys. But Faried definitely should have made it over Austin. One of the only players in the league to average a double double while playing elite level defense. He certainly got the shaft here.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Fuck this All Star Game.

Embiid snubbed for a guy who shoots .430+ on a 27 win team in Kevin Love while playing on a 24 win team while missing over a month. Andrew Wiggins voted as a F/C when the niqqa been playing PG most of the season, SG at the start...

Waste of time voting when these are the results and apparently lots of other gm's feel the same.

Also slap in the face of participating gm's whether they voted or not having gm less teams players like Kawhi Harden Durant or anyone else playing in the All Star Game period.

My West ballot btw:
WillyJakkz wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:20 pm I didn't vote for any players on GM-less teams.

I think I went:
Curry
George
Anthony Davis
Porzingis
KAT
Isaiah Taylor
Westbrook
Crowder
SJJ
Vucevic
Smart
Bledsoe

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

WillyJakkz wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:51 pm Fuck this All Star Game.

Embiid snubbed for a guy who shoots .430+ on a 27 win team in Kevin Love while playing on a 24 win team while missing over a month. Andrew Wiggins voted as a F/C when the niqqa been playing PG most of the season, SG at the start...

Waste of time voting when these are the results and apparently lots of other gm's feel the same.

Also slap in the face of participating gm's whether they voted or not having gm less teams players like Kawhi Harden Durant or anyone else playing in the All Star Game period.

My West ballot btw:
WillyJakkz wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:20 pm I didn't vote for any players on GM-less teams.

I think I went:
Curry
George
Anthony Davis
Porzingis
KAT
Isaiah Taylor
Westbrook
Crowder
SJJ
Vucevic
Smart
Bledsoe
Agreed. Non GM teams shouldn't have a player in the ASG. Not fair to the active, participating GM's. Talking about Durant/Harden.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

I think Embiid, and Exum both got snubbed due to missing games.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

I think some people take the ASG voting a little too seriously. It's just an exhibition.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

hardenwithnod wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:39 pm I think Embiid, and Exum both got snubbed due to missing games.
Agreed.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Embiid did not get my vote due to lack of games played. I voted Wiggins in as the guard of the East team. And I see absolutely no problem with voting in players on GMless teams, as my vote went to the 12 best players in each conference based on their performance so far this year, games played obviously being important

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Myles wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:12 pm Embiid did not get my vote due to lack of games played. I voted Wiggins in as the guard of the East team. And I see absolutely no problem with voting in players on GMless teams, as my vote went to the 12 best players in each conference based on their performance so far this year, games played obviously being important
But isnt the GM voted all star game, especially for the GM led teams?
We already have the game generated All Star game, which is what the game wants. But why vote players that don't even have a GM? Makes no sense to me. To me, GM All Star game is to reward those GM's who have participated in this league and get to see their players benefit/ get rewarded by being an All Star.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Sorry guys didn't see that voting ended in the middle of the week. Totally my fault there. If I did vote however it would have been for the top 12 players in each conference regardless of GM situation. I also wouldn't vote for players who haven't played most of the season as small sample sizes don't make you an all-star.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

One of the great things about this type of stuff is that it can be something different for everyone, and everyone can go by whatever criteria they like.

For me, I see All Star voting just like I see our MVP, DPOY, All-CSL Team voting, etc. We've come to the understanding that the game just honestly sucks at picking these awards out, and so we have the opportunity to get it right. So that means I really don't worry about GM activity, as I want this to be something I can look back on in future seasons and see that the best players made the ASG. Not wonder why Harden or Durant didn't make it when they honestly deserve it based on their play thus far. That's what I consider when I select my all stars, but obviously everyone can use any criteria they like.