League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Rolling in the Deep

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Rolling in the Deep

Post by Ocons »

Next Man Up is Utah Jazz New Roadmap to Success
Giannis Antetokuonmpo has been impressive as a last minute FA signing for Utah this season.

SALT LAKE CITY, UT - It's an unfamiliar feeling for basketball fans in the mountains of Utah. Typically, Jazz fans couldn't recite more than five players from the roster. Now they enjoy showing up to watch somebody different pick up the slack any given night.

A methodical free agency saw Giannis Antetokuonmpo and Trevor Lacey brought in to start the construction of the teams bench. More recently, they moved Zach Lavine and a few second round floaters in a four way deal for Emmanual Mudiay, RJ Hunter , Ante Zizic and Bogdan Bogdanovic.

"They don't have a single weak spot. There's no manipulating a sub matrix or playing guys out of position for advantages," added on league scout. "Everyone of their players that suits up can hang with teams in the league. It's actually pretty wild how far they've come - from the days of some of the best starting lineups and no bench."

First it was Bogdanovic going for 27 points, then it was Giannis going for 39 and 10. Lastly, Hunter poured in five out of five from downtown to help fans forget all about Lavine. Kristaps Porzingis has been rock steady as the teams leader but the newfound depth has allowed him to take some pressure off. It's also enabled Steph Curry to play on reduced minutes.

Antetokuonmpo is positioning himself as a top 6th man, most improved and best free agent signing candidate this season. He's playing so strong that he may eliminate himself from contention as 6th MOY as he's nearly earned a spot in the starting lineup - averaging 20 points 9 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals since the trade.

The only problem with being so deep is picking the right players to get minutes for each opponent. So far, the Jazz have been hitting all the right buttons and sit atop the Northwest division, fending off heavy favorite Oklahoma City Thunder. . . for now.

"It's crazy how many different guys they can slot in there. I don't know how they can make that decision every night. Some of the second units they can come with now, are better than a lot of starting lineups out here. The versatility and flexibility of the guys they have is wild. They weren't supposed to be this good yet, not after dumping Exum for KP and picks that turned into Mo Bamba and some scrub second rounder - who they used to flip for this depth."

Jazz Depth Chart
PG- Bryce Cotton - Ish Smith
SG- Steph Curry - Emmanual Mudiay - RJ Hunter - Trevor Lacey
SF- Bogdan Bogdanovic - Bojan Bogdanovic
PF- Gorgui Dieng - Giannis Antetokuonmpo
C- Kristaps Porzingis - Mo Bamba - Ante Zizic
Last edited by Ocons on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Clown.Show.League

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: Rolling in the Deep

Post by Myles »

Holy damn Giannis had a 39 and 10 game? Are you sure you weren’t looking at an NBA box score on accident?

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Think Jazz should deal Cotton. I mean it's good to start off hot, but can you really win it all? Continue the rebuild with Zingis and company. Just my opinion though. Others may disagree.

But definitely a hot start.. cash in now for the players with value
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Giannis is solid. I like him most as C as it's the position he should do best. I prefer deep teams over thin ones like Cleveland and do believe a 12 man roster will do better than a 5 man even if the 5 mans roster top5 is way more talented.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

This team is real solid now... you're clearly doing something right with the game plan as everyone is playing well. Crazy deep too. I'm interested to see your season play out.

Great to see KP balling out for you. No reason he can't do this all season.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Good job in Utah!!

I think Giannis is playing in a much better position in Utah, not having this much pressure and starter minutes to handle every night. Very good role player/6th man, but not sure if above average starter

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

It’s no doubt you guys have been rolling which is good to see. The west in pretty open now with some recent trades so who knows what could happen. I think your forwards are a slight weak link and think it could show in the playoffs, but you have good balance right now.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

This team is doing very well, as it has lots of depth surrounding Porzingis. As others have mentioned, the West is pretty wide open now if the Kings does send Westbrook away, so you definitely have a chance to make a deep playoff run as long as your boy Porzingis is healthy.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Was looking at other info and ironically came across this, thought it was funny seeing the change in opinion now :D
Ocons wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:55 am Matty finally pulls the trigger and does a heck of a job, at that. If you were to trade Blake, and I think it was the right decision, this is what you want for him. Absolutely LOAD up on talent to go along with some good upcoming draft picks. Nice work. Much better then buying into the Kristaps hype with a couple of side chicks.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

WillyJakkz wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:27 pm Was looking at other info and ironically came across this, thought it was funny seeing the change in opinion now :D
Ocons wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:55 am Matty finally pulls the trigger and does a heck of a job, at that. If you were to trade Blake, and I think it was the right decision, this is what you want for him. Absolutely LOAD up on talent to go along with some good upcoming draft picks. Nice work. Much better then buying into the Kristaps hype with a couple of side chicks.
Haha, nice. I don't remember what that was from but I'm sure it was perfectly valid :P
Clown.Show.League

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Ocons wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:32 am
WillyJakkz wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:27 pm Was looking at other info and ironically came across this, thought it was funny seeing the change in opinion now :D
Haha, nice. I don't remember what that was from but I'm sure it was perfectly valid :P
:lol: It was a reply to onenole and the Blake Griffin to CLE trade for Draymond DePaula Pick(s) in Indy where he said Porzingis + was a better offer and you chimed in :lol:

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Porzingis is looking like an absolute beast.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

hardenwithnod wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:22 am Porzingis is looking like an absolute beast.
I have him Top 3 C currently (at least until Drummond comes back) then would have to re-evaluate. I believe he's a PF though.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:

Lavar Ball
I Can Beat Michael Jordan 1 on 1

Post by Lavar Ball »

Andrewu91 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:43 am Think Jazz should deal Cotton. I mean it's good to start off hot, but can you really win it all? Continue the rebuild with Zingis and company. Just my opinion though. Others may disagree.

But definitely a hot start.. cash in now for the players with value
dump the zero and grab a hero. get BBB the hell outta philly.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Man. can't ask for better start.
Happy to see my first son AKA Porzingod is balling.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

I had a feeling this team would be pretty good when I made the curry offer. Seems like it has worked out well for both as Faried has been great down low despite despite limited opportunities.

I will be honest though, after kps two disappointing TCs, I never thought he would have been able to post these stats.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Yeah, I was nervous KP wouldn't be as good as hoped. I still don't know if he'll truly be the peak some though but even if he doesn't get any better than this, I'm happy. I still think he will too.

This team is a very much against my normal philosophy so it's taking some getting used to but I love it. Giannis has been a pleasant surprise and I really dig Mudiay, Hunter and Bogdan. Those small moves in exchange for Lavine has paid off for us. Not to mention the Curry deal. Faried would have been an extra body down low and hindered Bamba's growth.

Thanks for the responses.
Clown.Show.League