League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

How to Stop AD?

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
ozymandias
Senior Vice President

How to Stop AD?

Post by ozymandias »

How to Stop AD?

The 25-26 CSL Playoffs saw Charlotte Hornets being matched up with one of the league’s strongest teams - Atlanta Hawks. Atlanta finished the season as the 3rd seed in the East and will, without doubt, be a tough opponent for Charlotte in the first round.

Probably the biggest question that arises is - how will the Hornets try to stop one of the best players in the league in Anthony Davis.

They sure do have some capable defenders on the roster in Draymond Green and Jakob Poltl. Both players could potentially play against AD and try to minimize his impact on the series.

But there’s more. The Hornets, who led the league in 3P% will have to find a way to outplay Atlanta’s strong defence if they wish to go past the first round in the Playoffs for the first time in GM ozymandias’s tenure. This means players like Trae Young, Kris Dunn, and Furkan Korkmaz will have to display some good performances the next seven or less games.

Let’s wait and see how the series will pan out.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: How to Stop AD?

Post by emplep7 »

You both have very different teams with how they have been built. You have by far the best backcourt in the league and one that I'm sure every GM is jealous of and Andre has put together probably the best forward combo in the league in OP and AD.

I know Andre targeted those players to have for the playoffs so its going to take some good head to head strategy from both GMs to see who can come out on top.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I recommend UBlock Origin, that’s the best ad blocker I’ve found

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I like the Hornets team you build a lot and it is funny, looking back we so often had interest in the same players and ended up building so different teams :-)

Unfortunately this years East is so tough, I think in the past we would not have such a good team in the first round. I'm looking forward to see how the games go down. My favorite Hornet is Kris Dunn but I have the feeling that Trae will give me some headaches.

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

Hornets probably have the best chance of all the lower seeded teams to give Atlanta a run for their money. I always like the composition of this team, better than the Hawks to be honest but AD is a different animal and I doubt there's anyone who can stop him. So perhaps you could just strategized against the other 4 starting members and hope for the best. Good luck anyway. It'll be an interesting series for sure, can't wait.
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

I agree with rhoxxy. There are a select few guys you just can't stop, and AD is one of them. So I wouldn't lose sleep about stopping him. AD is going to do AD things. But you have the weapons to do some damage of your own and make it a great series.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Myles wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:05 pm I recommend UBlock Origin, that’s the best ad blocker I’ve found
That's why we're not ready to see you go, Myles... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns