League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Comes down to this

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Comes down to this

Post by Andrewu91 »

For the new GM of the New York Knicks, it all comes down to the last game of the season.

If the Knicks win, they clinch the a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Cavaliers face Bulls last game, so if either loses and Knicks win, they can clinch the 7th seed. If Hornets lose, Knicks can still climb to the 6th seed. But ultimately If the Knicks lose, they have to hope the Bucks lose to the Raptors, or else they tie, and the Bucks clinch the 8th seed(or do they?)

How does this engine determine tie breakers for playoffs? In DDS3, it went to head to head matchups, which the Knicks won 2-1. So let's see in dds19.

Anyway,

Going into the season, the Knicks knew it wouldn't be easy winning with lots of young players, and without their veteran Point Guard George DePaula gone most of the season.

We started the season 4-1 and things were looking up. Markelle Fultz was a big factor in this. But JJJ and Zion were suffering with Fultz as starter. We had to figure out how to get everyone going. Ultimately we slipped to 14-21 and looking like most GM's last year. Having had no idea of this engine.

That's when the decision was made to bench Fultz and eventually verbally trade him to the...

Anywho, after the horrible start, the Knicks have since went 29-17. Nothing special, but just enough to land ourselves in a perfect position once our point guard came back.

Well he did he come back and disappointed. He basically fouled out in 26 minutes and 5 turnovers. He did however, show a glimpse of what he can provide.
13 points, 10 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block.

Those assists were crucial as our bigs dominated the game. Unfortunately getting into foul trouble, led to a loss.

So here we are.

The Knicks vs. the Nets. The Nets can potentially make sure the Knicks miss the playoffs with them.

After 4+ seasons of missing the playoffs, the Knicks and their new gm are awaiting the last game to see what happens.

Last edited by Andrewu91 on Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Re: Comes down to this

Post by Andrewu91 »

Anyone know if Bucks clinch a spot, if I lose and they win? No idea how seeding works.

Edit: Kyrus at work. Said I won head to head and in DDS3 that's the determining factor.

Hmm

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

The deciding factor used to be team ID. If that's still the case, then you are already in the playoffs.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

mgtr81 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:06 am The deciding factor used to be team ID. If that's still the case, then you are already in the playoffs.
Hmm okay let's see what happens

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I'll be watching closely since we will be going against the 7th seed in the first round. Good luck either way!

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Andrewu91 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:51 pm
mgtr81 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:06 am The deciding factor used to be team ID. If that's still the case, then you are already in the playoffs.
Hmm okay let's see what happens
Taking a closer look I think the only way I could win the tiebreaker is if it was face-to-face but point differential instead of record or if it was alphabetical. That doesn't make any sense, though.
ImageImageImageImageImage