League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

And if it's just another Division Title - A Boston Failtics preview

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

And if it's just another Division Title - A Boston Failtics preview

Post by Dennis »

Boston - Massachussetts, after another season that ended in a conference finals loss, the Celtics didn't finalize a single move yet. Will that be enough to make another run? Especially, after such a season, some would call super disappointing? Good that we don't panic or flip-flop like other franchises. Maybe the reason why we are - next to Detroit - the only franchise that never missed the playoffs and won more than 50 evrey season(correct me if there are more Im not aware of)? So what has the new Season for the team in green?

"And if it's only our 8th Division-Title"

The Team
Looking at the roster it should still be a top4 squad in the East. A team that (potentially) has the best guard in the league on their team and a supporting cast that would be second options on most teams. But let's take a deeper look at their superstar - De'Aron Fox. Fox, who just turned 21, lead the Celtics to a CF-appearance, the 2nd appearance in the CF the past 3 years, averaging 22.3 points, 7.8 assists, 1.9 steals on only 2.3 turnover shooting 48% / 40%. Given he will get his endurance boost just this season, the sky is the limit - or statlines close to prime-Kyrie.

"Fox could definitely be the league's best guard next season"

Point Guard: De'Aron Fox, David Michineau, Ryan Boatright
Shooting Guard: Ben McLemore, Isaia Cordinier, Jeremy Lin
Small Forward: Miles Bridges, Kevin Knox, Michael Gbinije
Power Forward: Tristan Thompson, Aaron Gordon, Mathias Lessort
Center: Skal Labissiere, Trygvvi Hlinason, Cliff Alexander

"Skal won't disappoint in a postseason again"

The team's second star is the haitian Skal Labissiere. Being only 24 years old, he has already 36 playoff games under his belt. While being the Celtics' sidekick to Fox during the regular season, he decided to went ice-cold during the postseason. But he's still young and only enters his fourth season, so ups and downs in his game are anticipated. He will be back even stronger next season.

"Bridges gonna be close to Ingram - GMs saying he has no upside are wrong"

The Rookie
One player joined Boston though. It is their 7th overall pick Miles Bridges. A young gun many anticipated to be selected in the top4 of last year's draft. Many GMs dont believe in his upside though which made him fall all the way to the 7th pick and let him head to a team that was desperately searching for glue guy that can do it all and hit 3s on a good clip. In Miles the celtics management exactly found that type of player. Fox - Bridges - Skal? The Celtics' future looks fine for the next 10 seasons. Will it result in a title? Maybe not as there are several strong teams (Miami, Sacramento, Phoenix, Detroit, Houston) and young and upcoming teams (New York, Charlotte). But we gonna try our best - like always.

"Is Boston targeting Zach Collins, Kevin Durant and Kris Dunn?"

What next?
Armed with so many assets and even another (potentially) high pick in the upcoming draft (Charlotte first), the Celtics are still trying to consolidate. However, having a team that is so well balanced only a few targets are in the league that would be an upgrade and could elevate the team to the next level. Those, for example Kris Dunn, Anthony Davis or Zach Collins, aren't easy to get. Also, with the team being like 12-men-deep, many players won't get much playing time which hurts their trade-value. A risk a strong team has to deal with and the management is fully aware of. There will be deals, if not for an upgrade, financial-motivated trades will be submitted to the league.

Goals for next Season
We have some goals for next season. We wont to keep going our streak of 50+ and definitely want to try to make the CF again. In a strong East with teams like Chicago, Miami, Detroit and Toronto you will need luck for it, but we are happy to accept the challenge. Also we want to keep developing our players. The roster should translate well to DDS19 and as soon as we changed the engine all cards will be mixed again.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Re: And if it's just another Division Title - A Boston Failtics preview

Post by drumr »

One day Dennis will actually give Cleveland (who has knocked him out the playoffs multiple times) some respect.

I'd rather win the conference once than the division multiple times. :)

Good luck. No reason Boston shouldn't have made a Finals yet since I've been here.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

drumr wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:58 pm One day Dennis will actually give Cleveland (who has knocked him out the playoffs multiple times) some respect.

I'd rather win the conference once than the division multiple times. :)

Good luck. No reason Boston shouldn't have made a Finals yet since I've been here.
You knocked us out once! But with that you are one of the reasons we didn't make the finals yet (4-3 CF loss 3 seasons ago).

CSL Champions Image 2028

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I expect Kris Dunn is completely untouchable, as the Hornets should be on the rise this year, but Durant (if healthy) may put the Celtics over the hump and finally reach the Finals. But I expect Boston and Miami to both be in an arms race this year after coming up short this many times.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

KW wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:35 pm I expect Kris Dunn is completely untouchable, as the Hornets should be on the rise this year, but Durant (if healthy) may put the Celtics over the hump and finally reach the Finals. But I expect Boston and Miami to both be in an arms race this year after coming up short this many times.
Chicago is up there too.

As for Boston.. well.. I think they make the playoffs again
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

This team should be one of the top contenders in the East once again, as a lot of those young guys will improve even more. That division is getting a little tougher now though, so it will be interesting to see who will all make the playoffs.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Yeah, you will be battling Miami for the top record in the East again this year as you have only added talent to your team. I think Bridges at 7 was a great pickup as hes already projected to be a great defender who can hit a 3 well. I'm not sure if a +10 in SCR would serve him well or not, but if hes one of the magical chosen players it could also cement his case as a should-be top 5 pick.

The hardest part for you will be retaining all of the youth once they are due for new contracts, but it seems like both you and Miami have a solid plan in place to shuffle them out for rookies once the drafts roll around to keep your financial flexibility.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

You know where it is that your team lacks. Going to be a tight 3 team battle between you, Miami, or Chicago for who makes it out of the conference.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

emplep7 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:23 pm Yeah, you will be battling Miami for the top record in the East again this year as you have only added talent to your team. I think Bridges at 7 was a great pickup as hes already projected to be a great defender who can hit a 3 well. I'm not sure if a +10 in SCR would serve him well or not, but if hes one of the magical chosen players it could also cement his case as a should-be top 5 pick.

The hardest part for you will be retaining all of the youth once they are due for new contracts, but it seems like both you and Miami have a solid plan in place to shuffle them out for rookies once the drafts roll around to keep your financial flexibility.
If he +10s and nobody else does, he may very well be the best player in this class.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

2nd Rd "Leprechaun Stew" come playoff time

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

WillyJakkz wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:05 am 2nd Rd "Leprechaun Stew" come playoff time
CF twice past 3 years with a team of ~23 years in average. Many wish they would even make the 2nd round.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dennis wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:45 am
WillyJakkz wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:05 am 2nd Rd "Leprechaun Stew" come playoff time
CF twice past 3 years with a team of ~23 years in average. Many wish they would even make the 2nd round.
Draft privlages

Keep celebrating
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Dennis wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:45 am
Four Leaf CHOW-dah

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

I like Bridges a lot and that’s all I know is about this team. But you’re mean to me so I don’t really care about the rest
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I spoke at length on Chris's podcast about your team, with my main concern simply being that 1-8 you aren't as good as some of the other elite teams around the league, but 6-15 you are deeper than just about anyone. I think if you took your starting 5 out, you are still a low end playoff team in the East. You obviously know that you need to remedy that, but it can be tough to consolidate. I expect to see a trade made during the season that you lose value-wise, but win big in terms of what it means for your roster specifically.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

TheTwoWallaces wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:41 pm I like Bridges a lot and that’s all I know is about this team. But you’re mean to me so I don’t really care about the rest

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

TheTwoWallaces wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:41 pm I like Bridges a lot and that’s all I know is about this team. But you’re mean to me so I don’t really care about the rest
Dont take me not liking some of your deals as mean. Not meant that way.
But I like that you like bridges!

CSL Champions Image 2028

Cyrisnyte
General Manager

Post by Cyrisnyte »

I never doubt Dennis' ability to put the right mix of players together. I think you have a solid team and maybe the best in the league depth wise. Curious to see what you guys do this year as teams seem to be getting stronger in the East.
Harrison -- Young --- ZDK --- AA --- WCJ
Duval -- O'Neale -- Okeke -- Reid -- N'Diaye

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Myles wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:44 pm I spoke at length on Chris's podcast about your team, with my main concern simply being that 1-8 you aren't as good as some of the other elite teams around the league, but 6-15 you are deeper than just about anyone. I think if you took your starting 5 out, you are still a low end playoff team in the East. You obviously know that you need to remedy that, but it can be tough to consolidate. I expect to see a trade made during the season that you lose value-wise, but win big in terms of what it means for your roster specifically.
Pretty much this.

Once the rotations tighten up and star minutes increase as we come into the post season, that's where the 6-15 benefit is irrelevant and where the C's seem to come up short in comparison to the other east elites.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

:lol:

DeAron is the key here. He developed in an outstanding player so quick. The rest is more or less talented role player, which could be enough if everything clicks. But I'm still waiting for the AD trade ...