League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Mid-season Rookie Watch

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Mid-season Rookie Watch

Post by Flaming Homer »

Somehow I lost track of the rookies in the beginning of the season, so it took me a while to get a better impression who is hot and who has to improve a lot.
That would be my personal ranking of their play so far.

Qualifying:
- rookie with minimum 20 games played
- min 15 min/game
- I ranked the 3pt% if the rook has more than 20 3PA

https://www.keep-at-it.de/images/csl/20 ... s-mid.html

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: Mid-season Rookie Watch

Post by emplep7 »

This is awesome and love the additional detail of your reasoning for each. No doubt Tatum is blowing it up right now, which I think everyone knew would happen with him being the most ready-now. Bagley I think will end up the best in this class, which is great for the Lakers, but this was a good class with solid starters throughout the first round and leaking into the second.

The lack of growth from some top rookies is a bit concerning as that has usually meant they won't develop much at all throughout their career, but for the most part these rookies are contributing early on.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Thanks!! It is some work but fun when you learn how they turn out. Quite surprised by a few.

Agree with slow developing ones. No one really wants to trade any 1st anymore, but that shows that clean building thru the draft can be difficult too. If some of the picks you invest don't turn out you are stuck for a few seasons.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Excellent read man, as I love this format that gives out a bunch of information without looking cluttered. This class looks top heavy, and then quite a few raw players who have upside thus far. I think ROY is going to be Tatum's as long as he stays healthy.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

If Mika would stop fouling out every game he'd be terrific. That's always going to be his Achilles heel but I hope I can minimize it through strats. He's scoring better than I expected but I would still like to be able to utilize his passing more.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Very nice article, impressive chart there bud...very informative!

Reading the note on Ayton, glad things didn't work out as planned as I pressed hard to make a move for him and reading the feedback/ notes of him not developing much during TC or in season makes me VERY thankful I didn't acquire "young Drummond" for the real Drummond.

I like Bagley the most I think. Mitchell not getting any PT ugh and Tatum looks good.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Love your work as always. Ayton has played better as the season has progressed. Hopefully that trend will continue.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Hlinason not getting many minutes, however, i still hope he can become a player close to collins. Tatum is doing very well and reminds me of fox or markkanen in their first season. Impressive numbers. Bagley also already putting up nice numbers for being so unbelievable young. Outside of those top two it looks like we will have plenty roleplayers. Disappointed about ayton and Ntikilina. Thought they might develop more to become stars. Some bust some boom though. Looking at it in retrospective we can be happy thst our picks panned out.. we could have been deadlast if fox and cordi haven't been that good. And skal obviously.. but he wasn't our pick.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I like how half the league has given up on a 19 year old. It's like everyone forgot that Porzingis didn't improve in his first training camp either but still blossomed in Luke his 3rd and 4th training camps, getting him in the ball park of his full potentials. I see no reason why Ayton couldn't do the same.

Also since we're talking about multiple years ahead, who knows how the new engine will handle young players ratings increases?

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Ha that's why Adam is so eager to change engine:P
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

This is some really good stuff. Since I re-joined after the draft, I didn't know much at all about this draft class and it's hard to catch up, so I'm glad you put this together.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Love this, great job man. I love how you shorten assists per game ;)

Tatum and Caruso have been everything I hoped for this season, obviously hoping for improvements from both of them, but I'm definitely pleased with where they are at now.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Always loved your articles. Even though I don't have a rookie, it's cool to read.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Awesome stuff. Super stoked to see Jalen get some love. He and Kadeem Allen (also worthy here) don't get a lot of looks because they have terrible box scores. They do a lot more than that for the team - as evident by our stellar record.
Clown.Show.League

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Myles wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:46 pm Love this, great job man. I love how you shorten assists per game ;)
LOL didn't catch that before ...

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Love the article ..good job man

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I like this list, it’s good to see lots of good tools getting playing time yet posting numbers that makes lots of sense for first year players still years away from being a finished product.

The stats I see as most incredible thus far are Tatum’s scoring which has really been amazing, reminding us of Fox and Markkanen like Dennis said, and also Mitchell with a super out-of-this-world incredible 0.1 TO per game in 15 minutes. That translates to 0.3 per 36, which is something I’ve never seen before specially from a guard who looks to drive as much as he does
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Extremely happy with Carter. He was as dominant on the glass as advertised. Player instructions will come over time.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Tatum has been insane for denver and really helped them with a playoff push this year. I wonder what Mitchell will be like when Phoenix unleash him. Some names on here we will need to revisit after year 3 to see what they have become because they need a few TCs to develop fully.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year