League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

How are we doing?

Write updates about your team or the league here.
mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

How are we doing?

Post by mgtr81 »

Can you believe it? That was the first sentence the General Manager of the Milwaukee Bucks said when he came back to the franchise headquarters after some time away. Obviously, the answer was not something he liked.

Some within the organization were starting to get nervous at the lack of involvement this season from the Front Office personnel. While the locker room chemistry is good despite the bad results, the coaching staff was not very pleased with management's attitude (or lack of it) this season.
Coaching staff member wrote:We are worried. This used to be a franchise were management was always involved in every detail of the team. And this season, well, we have barely seen our GM come to the training facilities, let alone attend a single game. At one point we even didn't know if there was to be a big change or something, because it was like we were left on our own.
And that is not only from the coaching staff. Fans are starting to lose their patience. Too many seasons of losing. Since that summer when Kyle Lowry decided to sign with the Grizzlies, the Bucks have been trying to find their way in the CSL, with no success yet. There is a young promising core in place with Brandon Ingram, Thon Maker and Wendell Carter, but patience does not last forever, and at some point results must come, otherwise we may see changes in the Front Office. Trade offers keep coming on a regular basis for both Ingram and Maker, but they are going nowhere. And Carter, if it wasn't for his shooting and limited minutes, could be very well in contention for the Rookie of the Year award, as his rebounding numbers are amazing.

Sophomore Brandon Ingram has established himself as the leader of the team.

Besides that young core, the Bucks do have a very deep and talented frontcourt, with veterans Nerlens Noel and Jonas Valanciunas coming off the bench and playing really well. But they have lots of issues to solve in the backcourt. David Stockton and rookie Frank Mason share point guard duties, and both of them are liabilities on the defensive end, something their good outside shooting cannot mask. Kelly Oubre Jr is the unquestioned shooting guard of the team, yet he has to make better shot selection to really contribute as expected. But there is no depth behind him. So until the Bucks can address those issues and their young guys make better decisions on offense, things does not look much promising.

So is a trade coming? Well, given their General Manager has just returned it is highly unlikely we see a move any time soon. However, sources close to the Front Office report that the Bucks are decided to change things this offseason, addressing their shortcomings. Whether that is via draft, trade or free agents remains to be seen, or even a combination of all three. One thing is for sure, the Front Office is decided to turn this team around. However, do not expect the Bucks to sacrifice their young core to do that.
ImageImageImageImageImage

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Re: How are we doing?

Post by emplep7 »

I definitely expected improvement in this team, but without anything that represents a PG its impossible to win. I think a few trades here and there and another 1-2 good drafts will get this team back on track, but that's a lot of losing still ahead if you go that route.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Horribly gm'd franchise, on par with the Lakers as far as losing yr after yr with no improvement except LA has Bagley now

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Glad to see you back Manu. I know we haven't seen you at your best in the CSL, but I have seen what your best looks like (I still have nightmares about our Charlotte/Chicago matchups, which seemingly happened every damn year), so I know that Milwaukee has a good GM at the helm. We'll see what you can make out of your Bucks here.

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

The Bucks have been in a tough spot for years but you are slowly getting some talent. I wonder if you would consider jumping teams in the offseason if a better positioned franchise were to open up?
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

you just beat me so clearly there's a good team in place there.
Jokes aside, it's hard to be 17-45 but the good thing is it should lead to a great draft spot, and someone named Fultz should be a fantastic fit for your team with playmaking, scoring and shooting from all over the floor. If you can grab him, it's a fantastic step towards accelerating the rebuild. A Fultz / Ingram / WCJ core is no joke.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I hope Manu can find some more time for the team.
Want to see my man Ingram to take over this team!!!

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Flaming Homer wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:53 am I hope Manu can find some more time for the team.
That's the main issue. I haven't had the time in the last year or so. I need to find some time this offseason to hit the trade market.
ImageImageImageImageImage