League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Western Conference Predictions

Write updates about your team or the league here.

Who wins the West

Dallas
7%
Denver
13%
Golden State
No votes
Houston
No votes
LA Clippers
7%
LA Lakers
No votes
Memphis
60%
Minnesota
7%
New Orleans
No votes
OKC
No votes
Phoenix
No votes
Portland
No votes
Sacramento
7%
San Antonio
No votes
Utah
No votes

Total votes: 15

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Western Conference Predictions

Post by KW »

1) DAL - the best player in the CSL plus a great supporting cast, though it lacks a second star, it might not matter
2) MIN - the Ingram trade saved this team. paired with Simons and plenty of versatility and shooting they will be very good
3) MEM - replaced the weakest link (Doum's inefficiency) with the very versatile Bowen
4) DEN - Monk and KAT are paired again. playoff lock, but not sold on the supporting cast beyond Bolden and Kostas
5) HOU - despite a huge shakeup, defense, passing, and two-way versatility are huge strengths. can it overcome the lack of a #1?
6) SAC - Kofi has already developed so much, this could legitimately be a team nobody wants to face already

--

7) GSW - largely the same team as last year
8) SAS - a very good roster (which is now much better as ZDK and Antetokounmpo get their big boy endurance). just needs someone to run it
9) POR - a young team with a good future, but i'm not quite there on their present
10) LAL - a breakout year for Mobley would go a long way, getting the Lakers to a place that a team anchored by an offense/defense dynamo like Bowman/Rui belongs

--

11) OKC - make or break years for IQ and Kuminga in my opinion. Barrett and Bagley aren't carrying this team on their own.
12) PHX - they have pieces- Alen, Garland, Cade, Martin, Paschall, so I don't think they're tanking, but more is needed if they're going to make a play-in push
13) UTA - losing Mitchell for Q is a big loss offensively. I just don't think there's enough around JJJ
14) NOP - very similar case as Utah. With Wemby coming in quite raw, there's very little on this team apart from Frank and Lauri
15) LAC - the tank is no real secret, with this year's team being built around several devastatingly inefficient offensive players

wms02a
CEO

Re: Western Conference Predictions

Post by wms02a »

Memphis has to be #1... best front court in the league with a top 3 PG... BOwen is a perfect fit to be the glue guy
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

wms02a wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:22 pm Memphis has to be #1... best front court in the league with a top 3 PG... BOwen is a perfect fit to be the glue guy
This. I love that roster
Cleveland Cavaliers

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Memphis is number 1 on this list and it's not close. You can make an argument in whose 2nd maybe. But definitely not on who has the best roster/lineup/odds on winning West.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

memphis ...we are not going to be anywhere near

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

I can see why Kyrus opted for the safe pick in Zion. Memphis is #1 on paper but remains to be seen if it equals to regular season success. There might be some variables like too many big time scorers sharing the ball, and etc.

Here's mine anyway

1. Memphis
2. Dallas
3. Denver
4. Minnesota
5. Sacramento
6. Oklahoma
7. Houston
8. Golden State
9. Portland
10. San Antonio
11. Utah
12. New Orleans
13. LA Lakers
14. Phoenix
15. LA Clippers
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Memphis to win the West all day, that's my bet. That roster is scary.
Dallas is also very good, I think those two are a bit ahead of everyone.

Then Minny, Denver, Golden State, Oklahoma, Kings in no order

Houston needs fine tuning but has talent, same for Spurs. Both are probably looking at that 3rd tier group with a trade or two (Rockets) or good coaching (Spurs).

Doug will probably take a step back this year with those trades but Ike was a nice find, I don't like it for Phil this year, New Orleans must define it's path. Lakers too.

Then Phoenix and Clippers are in rebuild mode and could take a while.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

thecoolestjedi
General Manager

Post by thecoolestjedi »

Damn, people think we are gonna be that bad? I don’t know, I think the team could surprise people especially if I can fix Cade’s shooting early
Phoenix Suns GM
Season recap: 2030-31: 36-46

"Fall Seven Times, Get Up Eight"

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

thecoolestjedi wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:56 pm Damn, people think we are gonna be that bad? I don’t know, I think the team could surprise people especially if I can fix Cade’s shooting early
Few players make a big difference their rookie season. Cunningham probably won't be an impactful starter until his 2nd or 3rd season. Rookies often are poor shooters and lack the endurance to play more than like 24 mpg. Or at least that's how it goes with my rookies. That's why King is starting in the G-League.
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Memphis does look great and Ball with Zion was a nice move too. Nuggets look dangerous and I think we all forget sometimes how good Simmons was/is so it's a clear top 3 I think and top 4 if Minnesota can find the right mix.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

I think its a clear top 4, and if they win 220+ games. The other teams in the west are going to be surprised how few games they win. DAL for me is not 100% i dont like the help zion has, but zion is still the best player in the league.