League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Rules of Engagment

Write updates about your team or the league here.
thecoolestjedi
General Manager

Rules of Engagment

Post by thecoolestjedi »

Darius Garland looking around the Phoenix Suns locker room

The Phoenix Suns are preparing for the 2031-32 CSL Season and the team has undergone major changes already. After winning the 2nd pick; the team was left with a choice in the manner. They could have traded it to grab more tools to help Tatum reach playoff ball, rebuild around the 2nd pick or rely on a rookie to help Tatum out. The front office decided on the middle option and decided to full on rebuild the team. The decision was not a easy one for the front office to make, but many around the team say it was the right decision.

Phoenix Suns front office announce the direction

In a battle of wills between fans; many accepted this course of action with many saying that these people saying that the direction was headed nowhere under Tatum. "I thought the trade was necessary and we needed to better direction for ourselves when it came to teambuilding." One fan would say after the trade went through and others echoed those sentiments. It seems the people of the valley have come to terms with this reality. What many see happenings that the Sun's will be bad for a number of years, but will grow as a team over time and that's been the plan for this Front office so far.

Number 2 overall pick, Cade Cunningham is seen as the future of the team

Catching up to Cade Cunningham; he issued some notes to the media ahead of the official training camp for the team where he spoke on what he saw and experienced with this team. "Overall, I think we are a group of fighters and this team has been tested. Lots of guys here have something to prove and I am here to add to that. I look around and I see a lot of killers on the team and guys I am gonna be learning under for the next 3-5 years, so I am very hyped for that piece of it." The young PG is expected to be the immediate starter for the team when the season starts and many are looking at his first year as a make or break year for the team.
Phoenix Suns GM
Season recap: 2030-31: 36-46

"Fall Seven Times, Get Up Eight"

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Re: Rules of Engagment

Post by blackice »

Very cool article thecoolestjedi, I love that you have straddled the line between making this your own team while not blowing up the core to the extent that you could have. Although I was critical of the Tatum trade for hardenwithnod I think in hindsight that both teams did well. Alen Smailagic is a quality big man who although has had his stats inflated somewhat is still just 22 years of age and will pair well with Cade Cunningham. The rest of the assets you got in return are solid and you have accumulated some quality first rounders. Well done, and I wish you success with the Suns.
Ball is Life.

thecoolestjedi
General Manager

Post by thecoolestjedi »

blackice wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:16 pm Very cool article thecoolestjedi, I love that you have straddled the line between making this your own team while not blowing up the core to the extent that you could have. Although I was critical of the Tatum trade for hardenwithnod I think in hindsight that both teams did well. Alen Smailagic is a quality big man who although has had his stats inflated somewhat is still just 22 years of age and will pair well with Cade Cunningham. The rest of the assets you got in return are solid and you have accumulated some quality first rounders. Well done, and I wish you success with the Suns.
Appreciate it! Hoping the pieces can build me something competitive for the future here. Can’t be worse than the previous toiling we did
Phoenix Suns GM
Season recap: 2030-31: 36-46

"Fall Seven Times, Get Up Eight"

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

The start of a rebuild is always an exciting time, as you have an (almost) empty canvas. Good luck.
ImageImageImageImageImage

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Good luck with this rebuild, as it will take time, but it's super fun to see the young pieces grow as you continue to work with the them. You can finally build a team with your own identity, and that's always exciting. I will be watching Cade closely as I really liked him from our scouting process.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

Stay afloat, you need a lot of patience in this rebuild, especially for a newbie like you. Good luck!
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Yes, please stay patient and it will pay off greatly. The teams that abandon their rebuild early end up delaying it and not getting any closer to contending in the short term.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

I would have liked to have seen you wait a little on trading Tatum. I do agree with trading him, but I wonder if you could have gotten more had you waited until the season.

Make sure to give Roby plenty if minutes and make him a sf. He would be a great fit in your starting unit.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

OneNole wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:52 pm I would have liked to have seen you wait a little on trading Tatum. I do agree with trading him, but I wonder if you could have gotten more had you waited until the season.

Make sure to give Roby plenty if minutes and make him a sf. He would be a great fit in your starting unit.
Yeah if WSH is as good as everyone says he basically got nothing for Tatum.

Ill stick to my bold prediction and say WSH wins 40 games and PHX gets atleast a 16-17 pick.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Nice backcourt combo in Garland and Cade. Cade will need some time to adjust to the league and I hope his shooting will get more constant over time.
Besides of that, be patient and enjoy the rebuild and your ideas for the team. It is not easy but can be very rewarding.