League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Rookie ladder (Final)

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Rookie ladder (Final)

Post by Silogical »

2023 Rookie Ladder

Rookie of the year: Shaquille Harrison
Harrison takes it over JJJ. Harrison walked into a perfect situation to showcase his skills. In the end JJJ will come out of this draft as the best player.

Biggest surprise: Laurynas Birutis
2.4 offensive rebounds, 1.6 blocks and wont hurt you on the offensive end. Combine his strong start with his RNG boost and Burutis will have a bright future in chicago.

Most disappointing: 2 way tie Mikal Bridges and Elie Okobo.
Mikal and Elie had very disappointing seasons. The good news is both players should turn it around in their 2nd season.

Bust: Dzanan Musa
Musa is capable of putting up empty stats on a losing team but unlike Bridges I dont see Musa as part of a championship contending team.

2nd round/undrafted player that will stick around: Doral Moore
Players to watch out for next season: Davon Reed and Chimezie Metu

Overall as rookies this class isnt very strong, but it was one of the 1st classes where the players entered the league with some room to grow. They will look a lot different in 4 years.

Bonus Sophomore Ladder

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Re: Rookie ladder (Final)

Post by Stockton12 »

The fact is Harrison was playing out of position at sf I hope jjj wins it

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Good to see Lewis climbed into the list as we have slowly increased his playing time, and he led the ladder with his true shooting %! Can't wait to give him more minutes next year as he gets an endurance boost.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

Kind of scary to me that Welsh is ranked 11th given his somewhat underwhelming play. He may get a chance to start for us next year, but a lot will depend on the moves we make.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Im happy with Gates so far this year, but it all depends on how he looks in the new engine. If he can stay efficient, I will be all on board with this.

As for Rookie of the Year, I can see Michael Porter making some noise with the numbers he put up once he was traded. If he was on Indy from the start, he would have taken this easily.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Porter looked fantastic for Indiana. It was a very shortsighted move for fit, an absolute "sell out for a title" move that will have backfired spectacularly if we don't win a title. Great job by Indiana to take advantage of my situation. Porter will be a top 3 player in this draft moving forward.

On a positive note, I'm really happy with Doral Moore. He's been a huge lift for us, and his uber efficient dunk-only mentality allowed us to survive KAT's injury.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Stockton12 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:29 am The fact is Harrison was playing out of position at sf I hope jjj wins it
Okay, firstly Harrison only played SF after I locked up the #1 seed, for ~15 games. And I can tell you his stat-lines did not change. You can look at the previous rookie ladder (he had played exclusively at PG through this ladder) for comparison here.

Second, Harrison playing SF is not "out of position". Given his size and ratings, he could easily play wing. In fact a number of GMs pegged him as a wing coming out of the draft because he's not the most gifted passer.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I like this stats a lot since it gives me a much better overview whats going on outside of my team. Shaq Harrison this good this early is impressive, but Doug has a hand in the draft, we all know that.
Also nice to see Bridges doing good in Boston, was a big fan of him before the draft.

And of course even more happy that the 2nd half of the season went well for Michael Young, he really is growing into a nice low post player.