League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

CSL 2022 redraft

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

CSL 2022 redraft

Post by Silogical »

2022 re-draft

Pick 1: DEN
Selected: Jason Tatum
Redraft: Jason Tatum

Ayton can make a strong case for #1 but with bad training camps and Drummond in Denver Tatum holds his top spot.

Pick 2: LAL
Selected: Marvin Bagley
Redraft: DeAndre Ayton

If Ayton can hit his potentials he has MVP potential.

Pick 3: BRK
Selected: DeAndre Ayton
Redraft: Trae Young

With Ayton off the board the Nets go with Trey Young. Young is quietly having an amazing season and is one half the reason the Hornets sniffed the playoffs this year.

Pick 4: PHX
Selected: Donovan Mitchell
Redraft: Donovan Mitchell

PHX still takes Mitchell and still trades him to Orlando for Harrison and a lottery pick. Mitchell isnt having an amazing season but he isnt surrounded by players that will bring the best out of him.

Pick 5: SAS
Selected: Frank Ntilikina
Redraft: Marvin Bagley

The Spurs love Ntilikina, but the upside of Bagley is too hard to pass up. Had the draft gone down like this the Spurs team could look completely different. Livingston and Hamilton might still be on the team.

Pick 6: CHA
Selected: Trae Young
Redraft: Frank Ntilikina

Charlotte misses out on their target in the re-draft but Frank is a solid pick at 6. Frank looks fine next to Rozier so he should have no probelm playing next to Dunn.

Pick 7: MIL
Selected: Wendell Carter
Redraft: Kyle Kuzma

Manu loves what Carter brings but it would be tough to pass up on Kuzma. The heat lost Smith and Dozier but havnt missed a beat thanks in part to Kyle Kuzma.

Pick 8: MIA
Selected: Kyle Kuzma
Redraft: Jabari Bird

Bird was 9th on the Heats big board at the time of the draft and he still sits 9th. A strong defender who knows how to get the ball to Simmons, while still being able to hit his open shots.

Pick 9: SAC
Selected: Jaylon Adams
Redraft: Wendell Carter

BT probabaly loves experimenting with Adams but Carter is the safe pick here. One of the Kings biggest weaknesses is rebounding.

Pick 10: DET
Selected: Bam Adebayo
Redraft: Bam Adebayo

Solid pick by the Pistons and they stick with their guy. The Pistons are terrible at protecting the rim, Bam provides exactly what they need.

Pick 11: BRK
Selected: Jonathan Isaac
Redraft: Jonathan Isaac

The draft falls off a bit here. The Nets orignally went with Boom or Bust candidate Isaac and decide to stick with Isaac despite their crowded front court.

Pick 12: HOU
Selected: Eric Mica
Redraft: Jarrett Allen

The Rockets paid a steep price for Mica, but despite given opportunity he doesnt seem to have a place on the Rockets.

Pick 13: GSW
Selected: Jabari Bird
Redraft: Jaylon Adams

Bird was the Warriors guy but he is long off the board so they take a flyer on Jaylon Adams. Adams is one of the most unique players in the CSL.

Pick 14: MIA
Selected: Tony Bradley
Redraft: Tony Bradley

Simmons has been on an absolute tear ever since Smith went down. Bradley is a perfect fit next to Simmons, he is a competent defender and knows how to get out of Simmons way on offense.

Bonus Picks
15: Terrance Freguson (23)
16: Tony Carr (26)
17: Michael Young (27)
18: Eric Mika (12)
19: PJ Washington (18)
20: Moritz Wagner (15)
21: Bronson Koenig (42)
22: Alex Caruso (31)
23: Jalen Brunson (19)
24: Frank Jackson (38)
Last edited by Silogical on Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: CSL 2022 redraft

Post by KW »

In this scenario I definitely go with a guard, probably Adams. This would allow me to play Kemba full time at the 2, Monk splitting between the 1 and 2, and Harden full time at the 3, moving down to the 2 when i sit one of the others.

Though with the hindsight, there's no way I would've traded the NOLA pick to get #12 in the first place. At the time, they seemed like a pretty obvious playoff team, and I never expected the pick to fall to #9 the next year in time to draft Shaq Harrison

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Overall not too much different in this re-draft how it looks.
I still would draft Bagley over Ayton tho. Trae Young is the player who really surprised me, he is the man on offense for this good Charlotte team.

Michael Young 10 spots earlier is fine too, he (or me) got lucky with his crazy development since he joined + the boost.
So much luck involved with drafting ...

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

These redrafts are interesting scenarios. If I were to go back and just re-do this draft, Silo is correct. I'd retake Mitchell in a heartbeat knowing that he would turn into Shaq. I also think Mitchell is the most talented guy left at 4 in this redraft.

Now if I were picking based on pure like and fit for my roster, I'd probably go with Ntilikina. Mitchell was never a great fit for my roster with Taylor already on board, he was just too talented to pass up. I see Ntilikina as a Bledsoe-lite, which is meant as a big compliment. Bledsoe is an all-timer to me. He'll never be quite as good as Bledsoe, but he possesses the same kind of skills and he's not far behind.

Last, I traded Mitchell and a projected very late 1st (OKC) for Shaq and Orlando's 1st. Sadly OKC blew their team up right after free agency. I did not think a team would blow their roster up without having their 1st... but some GMs are unpredictable. I definitely regret not throwing in a different asset.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

on behalf of the rest of the league, we're thankful you did though ;)

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

KW wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:01 pm on behalf of the rest of the league, we're thankful you did though ;)
Haha I'm sure you are

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

GreenBear wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:06 pm
KW wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:01 pm on behalf of the rest of the league, we're thankful you did though ;)
Haha I'm sure you are
oh wow all this time i was thinking it was a PHX 1st. Depending on the lottery this trade could actually tip in Orlandos favor. How often do you get to say that?

I also found it crazy andrew blew it up. He was at about 10-15% to win it all, you normally dont throw away 10% for a few mediocre picks unless it also comes with your own 1st being top 5. Every year there are maybe 5 teams at 10% or higher, its not easy to get to that point.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

GreenBear wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:54 pm These redrafts are interesting scenarios. If I were to go back and just re-do this draft, Silo is correct. I'd retake Mitchell in a heartbeat knowing that he would turn into Shaq. I also think Mitchell is the most talented guy left at 4 in this redraft.

Now if I were picking based on pure like and fit for my roster, I'd probably go with Ntilikina. Mitchell was never a great fit for my roster with Taylor already on board, he was just too talented to pass up. I see Ntilikina as a Bledsoe-lite, which is meant as a big compliment. Bledsoe is an all-timer to me. He'll never be quite as good as Bledsoe, but he possesses the same kind of skills and he's not far behind.

Last, I traded Mitchell and a projected very late 1st (OKC) for Shaq and Orlando's 1st. Sadly OKC blew their team up right after free agency. I did not think a team would blow their roster up without having their 1st... but some GMs are unpredictable. I definitely regret not throwing in a different asset.
Unpredictable = yes I am

But signs were there that I wasn't gonna be as active this year.
Not as active = rebuild
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Silogical wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:45 pm
GreenBear wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:06 pm
Haha I'm sure you are
oh wow all this time i was thinking it was a PHX 1st. Depending on the lottery this trade could actually tip in Orlandos favor. How often do you get to say that?

I also found it crazy andrew blew it up. He was at about 10-15% to win it all, you normally dont throw away 10% for a few mediocre picks unless it also comes with your own 1st being top 5. Every year there are maybe 5 teams at 10% or higher, its not easy to get to that point.
I highlighted the answer + the post above this

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:25 pm
GreenBear wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:54 pm These redrafts are interesting scenarios. If I were to go back and just re-do this draft, Silo is correct. I'd retake Mitchell in a heartbeat knowing that he would turn into Shaq. I also think Mitchell is the most talented guy left at 4 in this redraft.

Unpredictable = yes I am

Not as active = rebuild
I knew that you were going to rebuild, but for several reasons, I didn't think it would be until later.

1) Like silo pointed out, you had a team that would've been a legit contender this year. People usually don't throw that away.

2) You didn't even know you were going to blow it up. The Mitchell-Shaq trade was made at the same time you traded one of your future firsts for a pick in the mid 20s (Davis I think)? You traded it for someone. That's not something you do when you know you're going to blow it up. You actually had to go trade for that first back, and you obviously had to pay more to get it back because it was obvious you were blowing it up by then.

So you say there were signs, but I don't know how I was supposed to see this happening when you hadn't even decided to blow it up yet.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

GreenBear wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:09 am

Unpredictable = yes I am

Not as active = rebuild
I knew that you were going to rebuild, but for several reasons, I didn't think it would be until later.

1) Like silo pointed out, you had a team that would've been a legit contender this year. People usually don't throw that away.

2) You didn't even know you were going to blow it up. The Mitchell-Shaq trade was made at the same time you traded one of your future firsts for a pick in the mid 20s (Davis I think)? You traded it for someone. That's not something you do when you know you're going to blow it up. You actually had to go trade for that first back, and you obviously had to pay more to get it back because it was obvious you were blowing it up by then.

So you say there were signs, but I don't know how I was supposed to see this happening when you hadn't even decided to blow it up yet.
1. - "crazy Andrew" pretty much covers that

2. Understood. Having a kid can change your thought process very quickly. There were signs. I had to get my life together, and rebuilding was a better answer, than quiting.

3. Merry Christmas man. Hope to see you in dds19 for future battles.

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

The Nets certainly have a nice crop from this draft with Ayton, Jackson, and Isaac.

I didn't realize how much of a beast Tatum is.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Andrewu91 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:47 am
GreenBear wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:09 am

Unpredictable = yes I am

Not as active = rebuild

1. - "crazy Andrew" pretty much covers that

2. Understood. Having a kid can change your thought process very quickly. There were signs. I had to get my life together, and rebuilding was a better answer, than quiting.

3. Merry Christmas man. Hope to see you in dds19 for future battles.
Haha fair enough. Merry Christmas, man.

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Still would redraft FrankyN... love defense and he was a clear all league defender... never thought Young would be that good.

Merry Christmas!
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions