League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Paul George Returns To Orlando!

Write updates about your team or the league here.
WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Paul George Returns To Orlando!

Post by WillyJakkz »

Oh yeah... I'll always have a special place for Orlando when I look back on my career.
As the New Orleans Pelicans come to town to face the struggling Magic who just recently got a win vs the heavy zoning tactics by the Brooklyn Nets (who bragged about their past easy win vs Orlando chalking up this recent loss as a "bug in the system"), Orlando faithful look forward to the matchup.
I'll always say Paul George is the greatest player in Magic history PERIOD!

I don't know why we traded him and DeMarcus Cousins in the first place.

Paul George is hands down the best player we have ever had come to the Magic and the Front Office and coaching staff should feel like shit for trading him!
-Random fans
You can make the case that the fans are correct.

In his best season as a Magician (2016), Paul George averaged 35pts 9rebs 5asts and 2stls. The Ultimate Player in the ultimate system that allowed him to thrive with having a very high usage rate for his entire tenure.

Yet with all of those numbers the one thing George could not do was lead the team to a championship.
It was the hardest choice I made for this organization, trading him but I knew we had to do it to put him in a better position to win in Dallas at the time and they were close.... Yes we have thought about a return to have him finish his career here but those are just thoughts... Nothing concrete.
- GM Willyjakkz
The talent is definitely there, they just need leadership. That's what I feel the guys are missing. I wouldn't rule it out but I'm currently in New Orleans and we have something special going on here so we'll have to see what happens...
- Paul George

Who knows what the cards may hold as the Magic have yet to find success since his departure.

Coverage begins tonite at 7:30pm.
Last edited by WillyJakkz on Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Re: Paul George Returns To Orlando!

Post by Dennis »

Indeed a fairly sad story that George wasted quiet some time of his prime in Orlando
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Dennis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:45 pm Indeed a fairly sad story that George wasted quiet some time of his prime in Orlando
Yeah I know. Got cute and traded Dieng when he and Cuz were a great pair and that was the downward spiral.

Same for Ben McLemore and Russell Westbrook in BOS (although nowhere as good). Took for bt to get that man WB a title :)

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

I'm excited to see the outcome of this game, despite me not being able to put in a full DC. Even though Paul George is in the twilight years of his career, he's been playing within expectations this season.
Paul George wrote:Thank you, Willy, for the mention. I appreciate all the Magics organization has done for me and my career, there are no hard feelings whatsoever. Despite that, don't expect me to hold back.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

PG belongs on the Wizards.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

WillyJakkz wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:50 pm
Dennis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:45 pm Indeed a fairly sad story that George wasted quiet some time of his prime in Orlando
Yeah I know. Got cute and traded Dieng when he and Cuz were a great pair and that was the downward spiral.

Same for Ben McLemore and Russell Westbrook in BOS (although nowhere as good). Took for bt to get that man WB a title :)
Indeed they have the better medical stuff
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

PG had one hell of a run in Orlando and it's no surprise the fans adore him there. Feels like the way Westbrook will be treated in OKC, for everything he did for that franchise and for how insane his production was, George feels similar to Orlando.