League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Go Spurs Go!

wms02a
CEO

Go Spurs Go!

Post by wms02a »

Gotta love the 38 point win over Houston to close the series. Felt more like '14 championship team with all the driving and passing. Even if we go down to GSW in the Conf Finals, this game made the year. I can't really complain as this was a transition year for the team w Timmy retiring and Kawhi now the leader.
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: Go Spurs Go!

Post by KW »

Houston looked fucking dead. They looked like a young 8 seed team down 20+ to a 1 seed juggernaut that already was holding a 3-0 lead instead of a Spurs team without their best player and their best point guard that was up 3-2. Also with every win these Spurs get, Popovich is strengthening my belief that he is the greatest coach of all time. Let's see Phil Jackson or anyone else do something like this without MJ, Shaq, or Kobe.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

I'm sad :(

While I'm always rooting for the Spurs, Game 7 was scheduled on Sunday at a reasonable time for Europeans to watch - so was really looking forward to it. And now?
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

I caught the 2nd half of that game and boy was it a no-contest. While I was looking forward to seeing a good game, I love watching the bench players from the Spurs play because there isn't much of a drop off when it comes to watching quality, team basketball! When they had a threesome of Jonathon Murray, Dejounte Murray and Bryn Forbes on the floor, I couldn't help but think if these three players (especially Murray) were on any other team, they wouldn't be playing a high-quality brand of basketball. Put them in San Antonio under Pop and they are learning how to really play.

I liken it to the Stephen Jackson development. While he spent his rookie season in New Jersey, the Spurs brought him in and turned him into a player. He went from playing just under 10 minutes a game his first year with the Spurs to nearly 30 in his 2nd season with them and was a key cog on a title team. I think if it weren't for the Spurs really reeling him in and showing him the right way to play, I think he would have been a head case his entire career.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

andrei wrote:I'm sad :(

While I'm always rooting for the Spurs, Game 7 was scheduled on Sunday at a reasonable time for Europeans to watch - so was really looking forward to it. And now?
Game 1 is on Sunday at 3:30 EST, is that around 9:30 - 10:30 your time?
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Rizzo wrote:I caught the 2nd half of that game and boy was it a no-contest. While I was looking forward to seeing a good game, I love watching the bench players from the Spurs play because there isn't much of a drop off when it comes to watching quality, team basketball! When they had a threesome of Jonathon Murray, Dejounte Murray and Bryn Forbes on the floor, I couldn't help but think if these three players (especially Murray) were on any other team, they wouldn't be playing a high-quality brand of basketball. Put them in San Antonio under Pop and they are learning how to really play.

I liken it to the Stephen Jackson development. While he spent his rookie season in New Jersey, the Spurs brought him in and turned him into a player. He went from playing just under 10 minutes a game his first year with the Spurs to nearly 30 in his 2nd season with them and was a key cog on a title team. I think if it weren't for the Spurs really reeling him in and showing him the right way to play, I think he would have been a head case his entire career.

I am super excited about Murray. Similar to Kawhi, Murray has super long arms and can guard the 1 -3 (smaller 3's). I love the Line Up of Murray, Green, Leonard as all three can switch and guard elite offenders. Hopefully this offseason the Spurs will put a nice program together for Murrary to develop into an elite starting PG. Its up to Murrary to determine if he wants that.
Dallas Maverick GM

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

wms02a wrote:

Oh yeah, thanks man - not as exciting as Game 7 but still. Looking forward to Spurs stealing that one on the road :)

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

andrei wrote:
wms02a wrote:

Oh yeah, thanks man - not as exciting as Game 7 but still. Looking forward to Spurs stealing that one on the road :)
you more optimistic than me!!!

Fun fact: Spurs have played in 10 of the last 20 Western Conference Finals.... that stretch is longer than Dejounte Murray has been alive
Dallas Maverick GM

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

BizGilwalker wrote:Houston looked fucking dead. They looked like a young 8 seed team down 20+ to a 1 seed juggernaut that already was holding a 3-0 lead instead of a Spurs team without their best player and their best point guard that was up 3-2. Also with every win these Spurs get, Popovich is strengthening my belief that he is the greatest coach of all time. Let's see Phil Jackson or anyone else do something like this without MJ, Shaq, or Kobe.
So you're just going to not consider the years with David Robinson and Tim Duncan that put him into this discussion? :roll:

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

BizGilwalker wrote:Houston looked fucking dead. They looked like a young 8 seed team down 20+ to a 1 seed juggernaut that already was holding a 3-0 lead instead of a Spurs team without their best player and their best point guard that was up 3-2. Also with every win these Spurs get, Popovich is strengthening my belief that he is the greatest coach of all time. Let's see Phil Jackson or anyone else do something like this without MJ, Shaq, or Kobe.
So you're just going to not consider the years with David Robinson and Tim Duncan that put him into this discussion? :roll:

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Whats the latest on Kawhi? Fully recovered and ready to go for Game 1?

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

andrei wrote:Whats the latest on Kawhi? Fully recovered and ready to go for Game 1?
He is playing. Not sure what his health is though
Dallas Maverick GM

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Such a dirty play by Zaza... he deserves golden states MVP just for that one play
Dallas Maverick GM

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

ZaZa is and has always been such a dirty bitch. I'm a Laker fan he was a cheap shot artist for years to usm
Cleveland Cavaliers

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

drumr wrote:ZaZa is and has always been such a dirty bitch. I'm a Laker fan he was a cheap shot artist for years to usm
The series was going to be tough for us w Kawhi now they just made it a cake walk... lebron better stay clear from zaza
Dallas Maverick GM

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Soo pissed...
I more pissed now vs when Derek fisher hit that last second ten years ago in playoffs against us
Dallas Maverick GM

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

What happened to Kawhi really, really sucks. They almost definitely win this game with him healthy, but still it took some pretty incredible play from the Warriors to win that. Aldridge has to man up though, he got outrebounded by point guards and that's unacceptable.

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Dallas Maverick GM

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Totally agree. He's injured Laker players as well. Again. Fuck ZaZa. Total bitch
Cleveland Cavaliers

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Leonard out for game 3. Should i bother waking up at 2am to watch the Game? Certainly don't want to spend time on a blow out...