League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Statement win by SAS?

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Statement win by SAS?

Post by andrei »

Warriors missed a few shots they usually make but Spurs defense was phenomenal. Green did a great job on Curry in particular. Also, small ball hurt the Warriors as its clear that Barnes can't defend inside.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: Statement win by SAS?

Post by Marcos_Beck »

They'll match up again twice so we'll have an even better look. Warriors usually get revenge on who beats them, but we'll see. Spurs also didn't play as well as they could, ball movement wasn't as good as they usually show..
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

If the Spurs can continue to hold Curry and Thompson to tough shooting nights then their WCF series will be interesting. If not, I think the Warriors take the series in six.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Steph, Klay, and Dray aren't going 3/24 from distance again any time soon. Spurs defense was absolutely insane, and they made a statement, but I still maintain that the Warriors are unbeatable in a seven game series.

Also in the playoffs, they'll have Bogut, Ezeli, and Iguodala back in the mix and will not have to play super small for 48 minutes. I think the Warriors are perfectly okay letting LaMarcus Aldridge score 26 points on 25 shots like he did last night. They were able to limit Kawhi Leonard offensively, and while Parker played impressive defense on Curry in the time they were matched up, there's no way it's continuing in a 7-game series to that extent.

These schedule makers are geniuses... we see this matchup again on April 7th in Oakland, and again on the 10th in San Antonio. WOW.

Rob
Senior Vice President

Post by Rob »

I wouldnt say statement win. Face it the Spurs HAD to win this one. I know im making injury excuses cause injuries are part of the game but There was no Bogut, Ezeli, or Iggy and it was at their home. It was a great win tho. The way they frustrated Curry and Klay was something i havent seen in a while. Im sure Curry and Klay were missing Boguts (moving) screens. Great win by SA but i expect the Warriors to win the next two matchups if healthy. If not, well they can still lose both games to the Spurs and break the record.

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

Not seeing how this game is a statement win, but the 30 point win by the Warriors isn't considered one.

Rob
Senior Vice President

Post by Rob »

lakeshowak7 wrote:Not seeing how this game is a statement win, but the 30 point win by the Warriors isn't considered one.
Exactly. Like what Jeff Van Gundy said this was a great lost by the Warriors. They put up a hell of a fight when their top 3 players were shooting like shit.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Rob wrote:
lakeshowak7 wrote:Not seeing how this game is a statement win, but the 30 point win by the Warriors isn't considered one.
Exactly. Like what Jeff Van Gundy said this was a great lost by the Warriors. They put up a hell of a fight when their top 3 players were shooting like shit.
And three more players who would start on a lot of teams were out with injuries. Two of them being their entire center rotation. Outside of that horrific Lakers game, this was essentially rock bottom for them.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I'm looking forward to that matchup come playoff time. The Spurs are one of the only teams that have a chance against the Warriors.

StOfTheStep
Senior Vice President

Post by StOfTheStep »

Never count out Pop.