League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

A LOT OF GM LOSING INTEREST FOR THE LEAGUE.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Re: A LOT OF GM LOSING INTEREST FOR THE LEAGUE.

Post by GreenBear »

This might partly be because this is the only league I'm in, but I'm not going to give up on the league just yet. I totally get why people are frustrated, but I'm too invested in the league to just give up. I've spent way too many hours on here, and I really like interacting with the GMs in this league. I'd like to be part of the solution and get this thing turned around.

Responsibilities are a very real thing, and stuff comes up, but the admins need to be more transparent. If stuff comes up, all it would take is a minute to relay "Hey guys, stuff came up, I'm not going to be able to do much the next week or two." I think they would be surprised to find that many of the GMs would be pretty understanding and would likely offer to help out with the league in any way they're asked. But it's the complete silence where GMs log on multiple times a day to find no updates or progression that frustrates everone. And there are 4 admins, so that makes it more frustrating that the GMs are just completely out of the loop.

Again, I think this league can be saved, and I'd really like to be a part of the solution, but the admins need to relay to the GMs if they're having problems. We're pretty understanding, but there's nothing we can do if we're kept in the dark.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Good post. Well, I believe the admins dont want too many GMs to have access to the commish page and I can see why. I offered help several times and even could finish the file this weekend if granted permission and commish page access. But I believe they dont trust me enough (Something I can understand ;P) and want to do it on their own.

Well, its sad. We had 15 GMs left that waited 3 reallife months for any progress. I would say its one of the most loyal cores Ive ever seen. But well. It feels like time to say goodbye.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Guys,

I love this league. This is my first sim league ever. I am part of another one but I live and breathe CSL. It can't die. It has to continue. There is too much history here. People move on and thats fine but the league has to stay.

I will reach out to admin team and beg them to share Admin access to the game and forum with me or somebody. We can then select new Commissioners if required. The rest can always be honored as CSL Legends or Founding Fathers and will always be welcome to come back in whatever capacity they want. But the league has to continue.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Jake0890
General Manager

Post by Jake0890 »

For what it's worth, I can get into the commish account without the password, if needed.
Washington Wizards
2013-2014: 56-26
2014-2015: 1-1

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

I'm in an interesting enough rebuild situation that I've still been hanging around, but agree that this has gotten to the point of the ridiculous. Either the admin team needs to hand it over to someone else, or the league needs to fold. There's no other option - clearly this group of commissioners have demonstrated that they do not have the ability to maintain a consistent or long-term league at this particular point in time. There's no shame in that, but at least recognize enough is enough.