League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Drive Instruction

orangeparka
Senior Vice President

Drive Instruction

Post by orangeparka »

I put a "drive more" instruction for one of my players which didn't work, but I remember if an instruction doesn't work and you do it again it gets doubled the next time (might only be for the post/jumper/three ones, but I'm not sure). Can anyone confirm?

I wanted to make the drive 50->30, but since the effect didn't take place, I understand it will go all the way down to 10 if I do it again. Can the simmer change it manually in this case?

Thanks.
CHARLOTTE HORNETS
Kris Dunn / Jordan Farmar / Jahii Carson
Bradley Beal / Michael Carter-Williams
Furkan Korkmaz / Rodney Hood / Danny Green
Clint Capela / Noah Vonleh / Brandan Wright / Taj Gibson
Jonas Valanciunas / Jordan Mickey / Robert Upshaw

Legacy (DENVER NUGGETS)
2013/2014: 55-27 (Lost in 2nd Round)
2014/2015: 52-30 (CSL Championship)

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: Drive Instruction

Post by Myles »

Drive changes are 10 to begin with, so the first instruction would have been 50 -> 40. I cant speak to the double thing though

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

I think so - its the same for all instructions. I did this with Cody Zeller for a while with Post Up more. If you get no raise after a month, you get double after you do the same instruction again.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

It's also possible that the instruction doesn't work twice. Adam and I discovered it a few weeks ago.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Dennis wrote:It's also possible that the instruction doesn't work twice. Adam and I discovered it a few weeks ago.
Confirmed
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

When I was a commissioner I had to manually input some of those changes.
What happens is when you instruct a player sometimes (without a reason) it changes their potentials but not the currents.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Marcos_Beck wrote:When I was a commissioner I had to manually input some of those changes.
What happens is when you instruct a player sometimes (without a reason) it changes their potentials but not the currents.
Yeah that's normal. It means the instruction wasn't successful then. You just never lose an instruction. When the instruction isn't effective yet, the currents change more when the instruction is effective the next time.
You never have to change preferences but when rooks are input or the drive cap is exceeded. I somehow think that potentials are relevant for shooting% though.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Dennis wrote:
Marcos_Beck wrote:When I was a commissioner I had to manually input some of those changes.
Yeah that's normal. It means the instruction wasn't successful then. You just never lose an instruction. When the instruction isn't effective yet, the currents change more when the instruction is effective the next time.
You never have to change preferences but when rooks are input or the drive cap is exceeded. I somehow think that potentials are relevant for shooting% though.
No sir, actually I had to manually input all those changes. It's not supposed to be like that otherwise potentials wouldn't raise. Also it would be confusing for the GMs as the instruction didn't take effect so I really did go team by team, player by player, and fixed any preference that wasn't raised automatically

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

It's really supposed to be thst way as at some point the players current jump to the potentials. No kidding. You can try in an offline league.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Yeah that’s how instructions are supposed to work. Instructions change the potential, and then over the course of the instruction (typically a month) the current rating gets closer to the potential rating. Or it just happens all at once. In any case, the potential rating changes, and then by the end of the instruction, the current rating is supposed to match the potential rating.

Gary has also confirmed in later games (and I’m positive this is true for DDS3 as well) that changing preferences in the database do not actually do anything in the game. I had a huge issue in that in a custom PB17 league I played offline, and he had to patch that. That’s why Rondo was messed up in either oCSL or this CSL. When he was cut he disappeared from the league (still no clue why that happened), so Dylan and I edited some random player to be Rondo. Well the preference edits didn’t take, which is why Rondo’s shot selection was so messed up and why he played terribly.

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Myles wrote:Gary has also confirmed in later games (and I’m positive this is true for DDS3 as well) that changing preferences in the database do not actually do anything in the game.
Correct. We already discovered that in the NLL when I was rookie head and Ryan the commissioner. Back then we had a parallel NCAA and players could declare or withdraw during the season. At some point we wanted to include Willie Warren, which wasn't in the pre-selection, and when testing I found that editing preferences in the database had no effect. Then we realized that's why so many players had been inefficient, and from then on the players with the correct preferences had to be imported at the start of the season, otherwise it was a complete mess. In addition, the preferences in the player cards showed the ones edited, but not the actual ones the engine was using.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Thanks god dds3 is different. Changing works perfect fine.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Dennis wrote:Thanks god dds3 is different. Changing works perfect fine.
Did you miss what I wrote above? It didn’t work for Rondo. Why it works for when you edit in the draft classes I don’t know, but if you edit preferences in the database it doesn’t work. It does work if you edit the preferences in the player editor screen in the game though.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Myles wrote:
Did you miss what I wrote above? It didn’t work for Rondo. Why it works for when you edit in the draft classes I don’t know, but if you edit preferences in the database it doesn’t work. It does work if you edit the preferences in the player editor screen in the game though.
Yes that's what I meant. Database can't work as potential preferences aren't shown. But it's easily fixable in dds itself. Pretty sure it was the same for all dds'

CSL Champions Image 2028

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Dennis wrote:
Myles wrote:
Yes that's what I meant. Database can't work as potential preferences aren't shown. But it's easily fixable in dds itself. Pretty sure it was the same for all dds'
Correct. You only need to change potentials as far as I know. That's editable in-game.