League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Bummer Pats Fans

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Bummer Pats Fans

Post by emplep7 »

Better luck next year I guess. Lets just hope Gronk really doesn't retire or this magic carpet ride for the last 17 years will start crumbling with Brady's pre-game dress attire...

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Re: Bummer Pats Fans

Post by Rizzo »

Congrats to Philly fans. You deserved to win that game. Pats played like trash all night long. Worst part is we still had a chance to win it in the end. Imagine if Malcolm Butler plays all of 5 plays on the defensive side of the ball? Probably a different story.

As a Pats fan, I wish we didn't trade Jimmy G away. I would say let Brady, Gronk and Bill retired, elevate McDaniels to HC and let Matt Patricia leave for Detroit (and consequently get fired after Year #2) and just start fresh here in New England. With all that said, I'm sure we will see Gronk, Brady and Bill all return next year and make another run at it. Regardless, that defense needs some SERIOUS improvements or else it's not going to matter much. Secondary was beyond poor, linebackers (besides Kyle Van Noy) were useless and defensive line got pushed around.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Rizzo wrote:Congrats to Philly fans. You deserved to win that game. Pats played like trash all night long. Worst part is we still had a chance to win it in the end. Imagine if Malcolm Butler plays all of 5 plays on the defensive side of the ball? Probably a different story.

As a Pats fan, I wish we didn't trade Jimmy G away. I would say let Brady, Gronk and Bill retired, elevate McDaniels to HC and let Matt Patricia leave for Detroit (and consequently get fired after Year #2) and just start fresh here in New England. With all that said, I'm sure we will see Gronk, Brady and Bill all return next year and make another run at it. Regardless, that defense needs some SERIOUS improvements or else it's not going to matter much. Secondary was beyond poor, linebackers (besides Kyle Van Noy) were useless and defensive line got pushed around.
I think it was a great game and definitely don't think the pats played like trash. Neither defense played well but the pats offense was on fire.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

OneNole wrote:I think it was a great game and definitely don't think the pats played like trash. Neither defense played well but the pats offense was on fire.
The offense certainly came alive in the 2nd half but the miscues in the first half cost them. Brandin Cooks trying to leap the defender. Botched snap on the field goal attempt. Cooks getting knocked out trying to do too much. Tom Brady dropping a pass. Gostkowski missing the extra point. Those alone cost them dearly early in the game.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

My only point was I think there were some on both sides. I dont think Cooks would have made the first regardless if he tried to hurdle or not. Eagles also missed a PAT early and then went for 2 and didnt convert because of the missed PAT. Tom Brady should have caught the pass, but it wasnt a perfect pass and he isnt a wide receiver. But in hindsight the Pats got that fluke INT with the ball being deflected up. Had that not happened there would have been a good chance (based on how the game went) that the Eagles would have scored another TD making it 22-6. Theres always mistakes. All I know is that it was one of the better Super Bowls I have seen in quite some time.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

I was more shocked the Pats allowed the Eagles to keep running the same stack plays over and over. They just kept flipping the sides. Patricia's scheme got exposed. Also not playing Malcolm Butler was just wow. Am I the only one who thought the Eagles intentionally said I'll see your QB pass for a 1st and raise you a TD lol.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Go Bucs
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson