League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

CSL Podcast - featuring myself

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

CSL Podcast - featuring myself

Post by Andrewu91 »

Honest opinions please.

Part 1:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/h8JZAlLfJ6Q[/youtube]

Part 2:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Hsy2CH5-SPs[/youtube]

Part 3:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/ErjIpBvQGjA[/youtube]

Part 4:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/GqjYJpkkjj0[/youtube]
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Re: CSL Podcast - featuring myself

Post by WillyJakkz »

"Pawd-Cass" :lol:

Good job on your first podcast man! Have to finish it... I listened up until PT 2.

I moved Wiggins back to PG to experiment and just as I suspected he and namely Embiid shot more which they weren't doing with GDP at PG.

But also I noticed GDP at SG made RoCo's and Vonleh's shooting numbers go up. Now I'm trying Ross at SF since he has virtually the same ratings as the ideal SF I wanted on the team so I'll see how that goes.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

WillyJakkz wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:39 pm "Pawd-Cass" :lol:

Good job on your first podcast man! Have to finish it... I listened up until PT 2.

I moved Wiggins back to PG to experiment and just as I suspected he and namely Embiid shot more which they weren't doing with GDP at PG.

But also I noticed GDP at SG made RoCo's and Vonleh's shooting numbers go up. Now I'm trying Ross at SF since he has virtually the same ratings as the ideal SF I wanted on the team so I'll see how that goes.
Philly accent lol

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Good stuff

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Myles wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:23 pmGood stuff
Did part 3 work for you? Just wondering

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Oh yeah... Disagree with your Robert Covington assessment. Glue guys so underrated he's playing slightly better than DeMarre Carroll who is your starting SF.

Agree with your Vonleh assessment, I need to do some preference work on him thx man

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Listened to all parts on the train. Really enjoyed it and a nice 2/3 minutes on each team. I really enjoyed it and found it flowed well through each team.

Pros
- Honest opinions of each team and some nice light-hearted moments which I enjoyed (Phill is that GM on holiday, Tim go with the flow in LA Lakers to name a few :D )
- Some nice insight into how the league is not just about teams but relationships between GMs too
- Nice ideas on team building that you shared as well and on what you would with certain players etc.

My tip
- You can run longer streams if you use the stream live option (up to 8 hours and it auto records via hangouts)
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

You got to get us on now!
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Cleasby wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:44 pm Listened to all parts on the train. Really enjoyed it and a nice 2/3 minutes on each team. I really enjoyed it and found it flowed well through each team.

Pros
- Honest opinions of each team and some nice light-hearted moments which I enjoyed (Phill is that GM on holiday, Tim go with the flow in LA Lakers to name a few :D )
- Some nice insight into how the league is not just about teams but relationships between GMs too
- Nice ideas on team building that you shared as well and on what you would with certain players etc.

My tip
- You can run longer streams if you use the stream live option (up to 8 hours and it auto records via hangouts)
This was my very first podcast ever. From the podcast king, I appreciate the tips and advice haha. Let's link up soon.
Last edited by Andrewu91 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

hardenwithnod wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:49 pm You got to get us on now!
Just testing my podcast skills but if people like it I'm down

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

WillyJakkz wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:46 pm Oh yeah... Disagree with your Robert Covington assessment. Glue guys so underrated he's playing slightly better than DeMarre Carroll who is your starting SF.

Agree with your Vonleh assessment, I need to do some preference work on him thx man
That's where having the game matters. In game statistics will show the real truth. On paper, yes, but overall no one thinks he is better than DeMarre.

And yeah man, have Vonleh shoot some threes, will definitely help your team.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

I enjoyed it. Pretty well thought out opinions about each team and like someone said it was cool to hear about some trades that almost happened and other stuff lol.

Thanks for the kind words. If I had the answer for unlocking Rubio's scoring I would man lol. I think I finally just have someone else who can play both sides of the ball. Wish I had gotten him before Blake regressed.

Everyone sleeps on my boy McBuckets. Check out his PER and TFG%. His only flaw is he can't stop drives, but I run him only in lineups with two of Boucher (83blk) , Sanders (71blk), and Okonoboh (60blk).
Cleveland Cavaliers

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I'll watch the whole thing in bits and pieces but found my team's breakdown and can't say I disagree. It's going to be a challenge fitting Kemba in here but I'm up for it. Like you said, if I'm building a team around Kemba, it's going to have shooters and defenders all around him. Still looking for one extra 3&D guy but that's kind of what I've got ;)

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Really good stuff man, liked the breakdown on every team and you giving your opinion is what it's all about.

Gave a little insight into the person too. Respect for Marcos, the Dennis playing, etc, you sound like a good guy. Very cool.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

bt wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:13 am Really good stuff man, liked the breakdown on every team and you giving your opinion is what it's all about.

Gave a little insight into the person too. Respect for Marcos, the Dennis playing, etc, you sound like a good guy. Very cool.
Yeah. Couldn't really show who I am behind the key keyboard. Thanks for the kind words.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

You nailed us too. Last year without Westbrook, it hurt and outside of Porter (who isn't volume), we couldn't shoot from the outside. Normally it's not an issue for us because we have Westbrook but without, it becomes one and you did great exploiting that in our series.

I feel like we're different now though. We're pushing Derrick White's perimeter game and Porter can still shoot plus we drafted Adams (no volume) but we can at least put the odd weapon out there now if we need to. Westbrook coming back for the post season might make all that a moot point anyway.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

bt wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:15 am You nailed us too. Last year without Westbrook, it hurt and outside of Porter (who isn't volume), we couldn't shoot from the outside. Normally it's not an issue for us because we have Westbrook but without, it becomes one and you did great exploiting that in our series.

I feel like we're different now though. We're pushing Derrick White's perimeter game and Porter can still shoot plus we drafted Adams (no volume) but we can at least put the odd weapon out there now if we need to. Westbrook coming back for the post season might make all that a moot point anyway.
Been the favorites for a while now. Depends on dds. Luckiest team usually wins tbh.

I'd love a series again with you, everyone healthy. I think it would go great.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

bt wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:13 am Really good stuff man, liked the breakdown on every team and you giving your opinion is what it's all about.

The Dennis playing? No time to listen yet.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I personally thought it was entertaining. The video aspect of it definitely adds to it since we all don't get to really see/hear how each other are in real life, but the side commentary was the best part IMO. If you can get it to one video (instead of four parts) and get another GM or two involved occasionally, it would be a good thing to keep going.

As for us, Portis was a placeholder until Bam "Bam Bigelow" Adebayo came back from his injury.

ozymandias
Senior Vice President

Post by ozymandias »

Only listened to the Hornets part for now as I'm overloaded with work. Will listen to the whole thing in a day or two. Looks really good.